Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

5 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Just to remind everyone, those were Kansas’ first six drives. There should be no coming back from this. Kansas’ drive chart should be Sark’s desktop background for the next month. Forever

FIFY but motherfucking Bo Davis this.  Kansas, with a first year head coach who had scored 15 points a game.

maybe we can get Bo Davis to yell at PK telling him he just got is ass kicked.

Edited by dcar00
  • Like 1

Not gonna lie... Because I've had a lot of bourbon...  I do believe the defense could be so much better. 

I'ma believer in player accountability. I believe 11 guys can line in any base and can do better than we have the back half of the season...with no coaches.

I'm really confused af on how defenses get so bad for us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

The level of stupid got cranked after my post. I'll simplify it even further. 
No one is getting fired until the BOR changes chairpersons

This right here makes me optimistic for our future. I believe with the transfer portal, we have to commit to stability and offensive and defensive systems that are known and complimentary. That is exactly what we hired. Let’s give it 5 years to see how it works. If the systems become stable and known the players will recruit themselves via the transfer portal.

I would like us to become the Pittsburg Steelers from a job stability standpoint for college football. Kinda like Iowa is doing with Kirk Ferentz but in a part of the country that attracts more and better athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I ranked from worst to best:
Edge, DT/ILB, S, DB
Most our problems stem from the front, especially the edges, but the DTs have been both inconsistent and disappointing.
We can't really even base out of the 2-4 because we don't have the Edges, and it's really seen very rare use once Jacoby went down.
It's hard to grade positions behind them because they shouldn't be expected to meet a RB straight-lining upfield and tackle them in wide space.  Maybe in a phonebooth or on a cutback, but not supermanning a full speed runner a dozen times per game.  I don't think our safeties are incredible, but they are being made to look much worse.
This is where I am at. What's crazy is the discipline issues are the same type we were seeing from Diaz a decade ago. Totally different players, same issues with the edge play, DT play, and LBs. I hated Diaz for the way our defense played and getting de-pantsed on the same running play by different OCs every week.

I would like to say I've learned my lesson and its us and not the DC that are the problem. But it is hard to ignore some glaring calls against vs teams that have an inability to do the opposite. Ugh frustrating.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Stability is great if you have the right coordinator.  We made a mistake in PK. he apparently can't coordinate the entire defense and needs someone like Lake or Yates to coordinate the defensive backs and passing game defense.  He's basically an intern when it comes to coordinating the entire defense.  

• Like 1

PK needs minimum of 3 years to get his players in his scheme with experience.

Vance Bedford, Manny Diaz, and Todd Orlando proved that when your best players are seniors that any coach can look like the perfect fit. After 3 years we learned the deficiencies in their coaching acumen.

3 minutes ago, Bevojosh said:

Vance Bedford, Manny Diaz, and Todd Orlando proved that when your best players are seniors that any coach can look like the perfect fit. After 3 years we learned the deficiencies in their coaching acumen.

PK needs to show SOME improvement next year or he’s gone. If we see another year of abysmal run defense like this season, Sark will be forced to shit can him. 

13 minutes ago, Bevojosh said:

Our defense is upper classman laden right now. 

1 minute ago, Bevojosh said:

I agree, the defense needs to demonstrate progression in year 2, but still may have some wtf moments.

Yeah, something similar to what Chris Ash showed us in 2020 would be acceptable. We got lit up a few times and had WTF moments vs TCU, but the run defense showed improvement towards end of season. The bar is not set super high, but we need to see something.

On defense they are.  Almost everyone is upper class with lots of seniors. 

In my opinion our best players are ACollins, BMurphy, and ACook. Yes ACook is a senior but the others aren’t and the fact that we don’t have anyone else is the issue with evaluating scheme and coaching at this point.

7 minutes ago, Bevojosh said:

In my opinion our best players are ACollins, BMurphy, and ACook. Yes ACook is a senior but the others aren’t and the fact that we don’t have anyone else is the issue with evaluating scheme and coaching at this point.

Only cook is playing well.  We have a coaching problem. Almost all players are playing worse than they were last year and they're almost all upperclassmen.  PK has been a disaster. 

• Like 1

It’s wild that after having the worst season in 65 years of football, including losing to Kansas at home, that people are arguing for stability and wanting to stay the course. I must be taking crazy pills because this team - especially the defense- blows. 

Nobody disagrees that there is a problem that needs to be fixed. The discussion is around what is the best method to fix it. I happen to believe that coordinator churn isn’t the way to fix this at this point. It’s to turn over the roster first.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Bevojosh said:

Nobody disagrees that there is a problem that needs to be fixed. The discussion is around what is the best method to fix it. I happen to believe that coordinator churn isn’t the way to fix this at this point. It’s to turn over the roster first.

It's not just an "either/or." Both are possible. PK has aptly demonstrated he's not up for this job.  He's taken virtually the same roster we had for last year's Alamo bowl and made them significantly worse. Bringing in "his dudes" won't solve much.  

4 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Rehire chris ash?

Throw $5 million at Muschamp.  Sound crazy?  Head coaching salaries are going to be $12 million plus in the next couple years.  Coordinator salaries are going up as well.  If Elko leaves aggie, they'll throw at least that much at Muschamp and make him say no.  We need to use our considerable resources... Sark needs an elite DC.   

Some of y'all need to stfu about pk and lake. If this guy has to have his guys and his coordinators and his play execution to be successful than he's not that good.
Teams have film on this defense and they've pretty much got it figured out.

This bend don't break bullshit is such cuck energy. How about attack and suffocate the offense? None of this passive bullshit. Fucking for real.

• Hook 'Em 7

Some of y'all need to stfu about pk and lake. If this guy has to have his guys and his coordinators and his play execution to be successful than he's not that good.
Teams have film on this defense and they've pretty much got it figured out.

This bend don't break bullshit is such cuck energy. How about attack and suffocate the offense? None of this passive bullshit. Fucking for real.

Name a successful d coordinator that has zero good upperclassmen, staff that he is not familiar with and younger guys not recruited for his defense.

It is easy to wish cast a suffocating attacking defense. Who wouldn’t want that. We aren’t there yet.

The coordinator churn over the last 10 years has not been the answer, so why keep doing it.

Have some fucking patience.
  • Fuck You 2

Name a successful d coordinator that has zero good upperclassmen, staff that he is not familiar with and younger guys not recruited for his defense.

It is easy to wish cast a suffocating attacking defense. Who wouldn’t want that. We aren’t there yet.

The coordinator churn over the last 10 years has not been the answer, so why keep doing it.

Have some fucking patience.
You seem like you have cuck energy. No thank you.

Good one
A light box against a heavy or obvious run team. This guy cannot adapt. I don't even care about upper class men. Derrick Johnson played a lot as a freshman. Yup can go look at any year where under class men played a bunch and defense coordinator was successful. More successful than this garbage.
3-4 is shit in college. Anyone on shaggy could call a better game.

This fucking cuck lost to fucking Kansas...
Get the fuck out of here with this patience shit. This defense is so much worse than it should be. They can't even tackle correctly most of the time.
  • Like 2

A light box against a heavy or obvious run team. This guy cannot adapt. I don't even care about upper class men. Derrick Johnson played a lot as a freshman. Yup can go look at any year where under class men played a bunch and defense coordinator was successful. More successful than this garbage.
3-4 is shit in college. Anyone on shaggy could call a better game.

This fucking cuck lost to fucking Kansas...
Get the fuck out of here with this patience shit. This defense is so much worse than it should be. They can't even tackle correctly most of the time.

I think it is very clear that the only solution you see is to keep the coordinator churn going in hopes that it eventually works out.

I’m done with the churn. It hasn’t worked for our program.

No need to respond. We just see things differently.
  • Fuck You 1

"stability for the sake of stability" has to be one of the dumbest fucking arguments I've seen on this site. And that's saying something.  

Wanting to make a change because you want to win right now and can’t wait another second is one of the dumbest fucking arguments I’ve seen on this site.

Ignore your ego and let the fucking thing break down to the Foundation so we can build it back up the right way.
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Bevojosh said:

Wanting to make a change because you want to win right now and can’t wait another second is one of the dumbest fucking arguments I’ve seen on this site.

Ignore your ego and let the fucking thing break down to the Foundation so we can build it back up the right way.

That's not my argument. I've laid out the case on page after page of this thread going back to Arkansas why this dude is not going to work out here.  He can't gameplan. He makes little to no adjustments. He's not flexible, and he' shown that he can't coordinate the front and back end well.  He's shown nothing here - literally nothing - to indicate he's a good coach.  Just turning over the roster isn't going to fix that.

You've stumble dicked in here with a drive by, non-sensical argument.  No need to respond.  You're an idiot.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?