Bourbon

Jimbaround

Congrats.  The Pikesville is one of the better, if not the best valued rye release in the past decade.  I enjoy shopping Nasa as it’s one helluva liquor store with one of the best selections in Texas.  The proprietor waved me off of his Nasa full proof pick.  There were much more interesting bottles on the shelves to be had.  

Such as?

Where do you frequent?  I need some more!

I got a 1.75 of ER at nearby TL 2 weeks ago. Picked up another 750 at TW Arboretum this week.

Passed on a 750 at 2 different stores yesterday, including TL.

Try Chris’ Liquor at Cameron/290 if you’re somewhat close. They had several bottles yesterday.

Was talking with my local hookup last night and I told him that I finally quit buying ER because I was buying faster than I could drink it. He said “yeah, it’s out there and easy to find right now.”
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Smax said:

Guess this is a unicorn now for most places?

20180621_181524.jpg

Never seen bonded overholt before

20180607_153200.jpg

Stopped by here for a drink and they have a very nice bourbon selection

https://www.beerbaronbar.com/santa-rosa#santa-rosa-tap-list

20180622_151654.jpg

20180622_145858.jpg

20180622_151737.jpg

20180622_151806.jpg

Cut the price off the birthday the 14 is $25 and the 17 is $20

$44.99 for a handle of Eagle Rare is outstanding. 

Do you like the Rock Hill or Barrel Proof better? 

The ECBP definitely has more heat being almost 30 proof higher, but I have to give the flavor edge to the RHF. You can really tell it’s kin to Blanton’s, tad sweeter and a longer better finish.
If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up.

Cheers ya surly bastards.
98135471455558dbec121262d987cc6e.heic

19 minutes ago, BigDHornfan said:

The ECBP definitely has more heat being almost 30 proof higher, but I have to give the flavor edge to the RHF. You can really tell it’s kin to Blanton’s, tad sweeter and a longer better finish.
If you have the means, I highly recommend you pick one up.

Cheers ya surly bastards.
98135471455558dbec121262d987cc6e.heic

I picked one up this week at Costco. Spec's Smith Street would have probably laughed me off the phone had I asked. 

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Pennsylvania? Good luck in the Pappy Lottery. 

I routinely pay $60 for Eagle Rare handles. Still worth it. 

Va.  Yeah it is worth $60. Blantons is $56 for a fifth.  My mom won the pappy lottery as couple years ago. I  tried to get her to let me sell it and get her a few bottles of something else.  

1 hour ago, Horn21 said:

I got a 1.75 of ER at nearby TL 2 weeks ago. Picked up another 750 at TW Arboretum this week.

Passed on a 750 at 2 different stores yesterday, including TL.

Try Chris’ Liquor at Cameron/290 if you’re somewhat close. They had several bottles yesterday.

Was talking with my local hookup last night and I told him that I finally quit buying ER because I was buying faster than I could drink it. He said “yeah, it’s out there and easy to find right now.”

I'd prefer to buy only handles of Eagle Rare, but it's getting harder to find. Spec's stop putting 750s on the shelf, and some Spec's don't carry handles. 

I have about 5 liters right now. I'm good for awhile. 

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Va.  Yeah it is worth $60. Blantons is $56 for a fifth.  My mom won the pappy lottery as couple years ago. I  tried to get her to let me sell it and get her a few bottles of something else.  

I assume your entire family is signed up for the lottery. Man I wish we could do that in Texas. 

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Is RHF making the rounds or is this just a one store phenomenon?

My guy tells me it's a really small release this year. He said Spec's received two cases city wide in Greater Houston. 

An interesting bit of trivia, per a Buffalo Trace rep, they send more Weller to Texas than the rest of country, combined. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Well fuck those gouging fucks. I'm surly poor, but I'm happy to pay for a bottle if it's worth it. The Blanton's for $59 threw me off. Then came out the Van Winkle 15 for $600. The 12 is only $500! Birthday '18 for $400. William Larue Weller for $450, and on and on...

Kit Kats were normal price though.9df6059715b5f5eb768659f7e02a86f9.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ETL was $300 so I just quit asking. Or maybe $200. Fuck em at that point. Eagle Rare was regular price.

This was in Healdsburg, CA btw.

Edited by Paco
Because I touch myself at night

Well fuck those gouging fucks. I'm surly poor, but I'm happy to pay for a bottle if it's worth it. The Blanton's for $59 threw me off. Then came out the Van Winkle 15 for $600. The 12 is only $500! Birthday '18 for $400. William Larue Weller for $450, and on and on...

Kit Kats were normal price though.9df6059715b5f5eb768659f7e02a86f9.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The last bottle of Lot B I purchased cost me $44. Sigh.

16 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:
16 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Weller 12 because it’s impossible to find and MSRP is about $23

But you could trade 1 bottle of birthday for a case of Weller 12.

You know anyone with a case of W12, I have a birthday to trade them

Not too sweet but definitely there, and pleasant. I’m discovering that I like bourbons finishes in wine or spirit casks. My favorite current bottle is Whistle Pig Old World Rye. This is similar and a good match, but not as good obviously.

Hundreds of fish killed in leak from bourbon warehouse collapse.  Sad day for 1792 lovers!

LOUISVILLE — An unknown amount of alcohol leaked into waterways after a distillery warehouse collapsed on Friday, sending barrels stacked seven stories high toppling to the ground. 

Not all of the 9,000 barrels affected in the collapse leaked, according to the state's Department of Environmental Protection, but at least some under the rubble at Barton 1792 Distillery in Bardstown, Kentucky did spill bourbon and brandy into nearby waterways

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2018/06/25/barton-1792-distillery-could-pay-bourbon-warehouse-collapse/731437002/

17 minutes ago, ColoradoHorn said:

Hundreds of fish killed in leak from bourbon warehouse collapse.  Sad day for 1792 lovers!

LOUISVILLE — An unknown amount of alcohol leaked into waterways after a distillery warehouse collapsed on Friday, sending barrels stacked seven stories high toppling to the ground. 

Not all of the 9,000 barrels affected in the collapse leaked, according to the state's Department of Environmental Protection, but at least some under the rubble at Barton 1792 Distillery in Bardstown, Kentucky did spill bourbon and brandy into nearby waterways

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2018/06/25/barton-1792-distillery-could-pay-bourbon-warehouse-collapse/731437002/

A real Whiskey river.......

• Like 1