Bourbon

Jimbaround

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I've spotted a Yellowstone Limited Release 7 Year for $95. The MSRP is $90. 

Is it worth the money? 

It got okay to good reviews. It's Heavn Hill sourced. 

includes a blend of 4*, 7 and 12 year-old Kentucky straight bourbons

*The 4 year old bourbon comes from Limestone Branch’s own distillate versus sourced whiskey for the other bourbons in the blend.

Edited by Neonmoon

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

So what's the taste ?? pretty please ........

So this is one of my favorite bottles for a variety of reasons.  The juice is really good.  The bottle is really cool.  Smooth and deep for a rye.  Not nearly as hot as Thomas Handy even though they are both pretty strong. 

I received it for my 40th bday from a couple of assholes, one of which is particularly Surly and occasionally pours PVW with DDP.

If you can get a taste of this one, highly recommend.  I have not had The Black Prince to compare so I don't know what to say about that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, huge said:

So this is one of my favorite bottles for a variety of reasons.  The juice is really good.  The bottle is really cool.  Smooth and deep for a rye.  Not nearly as hot as Thomas Handy even though they are both pretty strong. 

I received it for my 40th bday from a couple of assholes, one of which is particularly Surly and occasionally pours PVW with DDP.

If you can get a taste of this one, highly recommend.  I have not had The Black Prince to compare so I don't know what to say about that.

Thanks, I haven't crossed over to the ryes yet.  I'm not a fan of peppery or spicy bourbon flavors, which is what I usually get from the ones I've sampled, but always willing to try new hootch.. 

16 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Excellent haul today. I nabbed the last bottle of Rock Hill Farms at Costco, and picked up a bottle of Blanton’s and two bottles of Eagle Rare at another store. 

I discovered one of wife’s passwords is EagleRare. Time to check the inventory. 

That's a nice Thursday haul.

Regarding the Rock Hill Farms at Costco, I called in advance and asked them to pull it and put it behind the counter because I was about a half hour away. Sure enough of that son of a gun was just sitting on the shelf when I arrived. Thanks a lot chief. I consider myself pretty lucky. 

I spoke to my Spec's guy, he said they got 2, TWO cases of Rock Hill Farms city wide and they all went to the Smith Street location. 

Regarding the Rock Hill Farms at Costco, I called in advance and asked them to pull it and put it behind the counter because I was about a half hour away. Sure enough of that son of a gun was just sitting on the shelf when I arrived. Thanks a lot chief. I consider myself pretty lucky. 
I spoke to my Spec's guy, he said they got 2, TWO cases of Rock Hill Farms city wide and they all went to the Smith Street location. 

Well shit, Britney is letting me down. I haven’t gotten a call yet.

Question for somebody with knowledge of Buffalo Trace/Sazerac and the industry. 

What are Buffalo Trace's plans for their well less known offerings like Hancock and Rock Hill? Hancock hasn't been on the shelf in a year plus, and the Rock Hill releases keep getting smaller. I wonder if they've been buried in the Blanton's Phenomenon. 

1 hour ago, BlueGreySky said:

just came to post that collapse news. makes me feel cry.

DgUl4RjVAAAkndc.jpg:large

DgUtp23UcAA_ryI.jpg:large

I wish God took a Jim Beam warehouse, but this isn't where we are. It's just not fair, but life isn't fair. 

RIP lost 1792 barrels. To echo another poster, I hope it wasn't Full Proof.

Edited by billfromlaketravis

18 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I wish God took a Jim Beam warehouse, but this isn't where we are. It's just not fair, but life isn't fair. 

RIP lost 1792 barrels. To echo another poster, I hope it wasn't Full Proof.

Maybe it’s fine. They only lost 9,000 barrels. 

Warehouse holds 20,000

They have 29 warehouses 

Bought EHT Small Batch at GG Woodway, today.  Tried a pour of it and was impressed as it was the first Taylor I’ve tasted.

Talked with a customer who buys a bunch from this store and was telling me about many of the full proof bourbons he’s tried.  He bought a Bookers 2nd release that GG had in the back.

He almost talked me into 1792 Full Proof as they had 3 bottles in stock.  They also had 6 of the OF 115 proof. 

7 hours ago, Horn21 said:

I don’t know what it’s like everywhere else, but Eagle Rare is anything but in Austin these days. It’s stocked at almost every store I’ve been in the last few weeks.

Where do you frequent?  I need some more!

It’s not in every store, but it’s around. It’s in some smaller stores. You won’t see it at Specs, Total Wine, or Twin Liquors. 

Well Total Wine puts up a few bottles every month or so to make it seem like they get in new shipments but it’s the same shipment they just release it slowly to make people come in more often. Same with their Blantons allotment. 

30 minutes ago, huge said:

2e1f6b4511a953c83cd7a10fb18cde1b.jpg

My new purchases.

Congrats.  The Pikesville is one of the better, if not the best valued rye release in the past decade.  I enjoy shopping Nasa as it’s one helluva liquor store with one of the best selections in Texas.  The proprietor waved me off of his Nasa full proof pick.  There were much more interesting bottles on the shelves to be had.