2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

7 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

What an outing. I can never figure out that one word to describe Greinke. Crafty?  Unpredictable? Autistic? Fun?  Many others come to mind. I like him a lot. 

Autistic. It wraps it all in. The quirkiness. The high level production at a specific skill. The cringy interactions that are amazingly funny. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

im ok with them hitting straw for pay back lol 

didn't get to see the game and can't find any highlights with the HBP.

Circumstances?

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

didn't get to see the game and can't find any highlights with the HBP.

Circumstances?

Straw was crushing the ball so they needed vengeance. He had 2 infield hits and a double that hit the shortstops glove and slowed down enough the cd couldn’t get it in time. Tour de force for miles. 

52 minutes ago, slorch said:

Thanks.

Was just wondering how a game like like that might have gotten chippy or if it was just an uh-oh HBP.

Sometimes when the pitcher is getting buttfucked they will send a message pitch to let everyone know to not dig in too much. That was my sense. 

55 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sometimes when the pitcher is getting buttfucked they will send a message pitch to let everyone know to not dig in too much. That was my sense. 

Stupid unwritten rules of baseball. “Oh you’re winning by too much, be nice!” Like that flipping out about swinging at 3-0 in the 9th with a big lead.

Fuck that, these guys make millions of dollars to win. Considering some contracts have incentives, an 8th inning HR in a 9-1 game might be the difference between hitting a certain HR number for an incentive and losing out on money. 

Baseball players need to grow up.  Also don’t throw a 3-0 meatball if you don’t want it to leave the park.  There’s rampant cheating the last 3 decades but it’s all about “the love of the game” and sportsmanship BS. 

Edited by Js1

Long time lurker 👀here.  Decided as a true Astros fan its finally time to become a poster.  Over the years I've truly enjoined all of your terrible opinions and melt downs when we sucks. 

Couple things about me:

1) Hate Myles Straw

2) 1 time share2care winner

3) Jose Altuve is the best Astros of all time.  

4) If you leave the Stros you're dead to me.  Screw you Springier. 

Edited by Hornsbay22

1 minute ago, Hornsbay22 said:

Long time lurker 👀here.  Decided as a true Astros fan its finally time to become a poster.  Over the years I've truly enjoined all of your terrible options and melt downs when we sucks. 

Couple things about me:

1) Hate Myles Straw

Those are terrible takes. Go back to lurking. 
Just kidding. Welcome. 

Long time lurker here.  Decided as a true Astros fan its finally time to become a poster.  Over the years I've truly enjoined all of your terrible opinions and melt downs when we sucks. 
Couple things about me:
1) Hate Myles Straw

0d40bcb915a1edfa8b2975060af8009f.jpg

Long time lurker here.  Decided as a true Astros fan its finally time to become a poster.  Over the years I've truly enjoined all of your terrible opinions and melt downs when we sucks. 
Couple things about me:
1) Hate Myles Straw

Your take number 4 is really not nice.

1 minute ago, DallasGatr said:

Your take number 4 is really not nice.

And #3, at this point in time, is just objectively wrong. It’s Bagwell at peak and right now Biggio for longevity. 
I love Altuve but he’s probably 3rd right now, maybe even 4th behind Berkman. 
he’s moving up the lot and I expect him to end his career no lower than #2.