2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

He might not turn into the superstar we were all hoping for but this indicates a solid big league career is in the offing  

That includes his 1st 28 games where he was lost. Starting in 2019 he's put up 119, 123, and 120 OPS+

Removing his 2018 stats he's at .261/.321/.502/.823 121+ with 34/9/30;22/24 SBs, 51 BBs 121Ks, 102 Rs, and 107 RBIs per 162 games.

I think he will settle into the 4-6 WAR range for the rest of the time under team control.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Quick inning for Stanek but 3 flyballs at 99, 99, and 105 mph don't inspire a ton of confidence

He’s just not very good. The fastball has good velo but the command isn’t good enough to make it that dangerous and his splitter is too inconsistent to be a real weapon. 

Framber, though, he’s an ace. 

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

That includes his 1st 28 games where he was lost. Starting in 2019 he's put up 119, 123, and 120 OPS+

Removing his 2018 stats he's at .261/.321/.502/.823 121+ with 34/9/30;22/24 SBs, 51 BBs 121Ks, 102 Rs, and 107 RBIs per 162 games.

I think he will settle into the 4-6 WAR range for the rest of the time under team control.

Agreed. He has around a .400 xwOBA and is an elite defender. I think if anything this season has shown that he can be the star we all hoped for.  He’s having a breakout season that’s being obscured by some extremely poor luck in April and early May. 

Edited by Starfleet Command
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Scraps said:

ALS is such a fuck

8 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Wow at him surviving 6 years so far with ALS.

Yep. Worked for a few years with a firefighter on my crew who started having weird symptoms the docs couldn't get their heads around. He had ALS but didn't know it yet. Just like Sciambi said, it took him over a year of doctor's visits to get the diagnosis. He was dead a year or so after that. He had the more aggressive variant, and his speech & motor skills went downhill fast. He was a huge baseball fan, HUGE Astros fan, & played high school ball & some juco ball. I thought about him a lot during the game. Glad MLB has created a day to honor Lou Gherig and ALS victims. It's a truly horrible disease. Even after the diagnosis, my buddy stayed and worked with us for as long as he safely could. He was the most athletic of us all, and a real go-getter as a firefighter. It was surreal watching his abilities deteriorate, so quickly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

OK...who thought after Saturday that this team would have the chance to go 6-3 for the toughest home stand of the season? 

Im Not Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Knew it was in the bag the whole time. Never a doubt. 
how sick would 7-1 be right now?  That’s what it should be. Oh well. 
I picked out before Oakland that we had 21 or 22 tough games upcoming and said 500 would be good 

2-1 oak

0-3 tex

1-1 LAD

1-2 whales vagina

3-0 Boston 

7-7 at the 2/3 way through. Definitely acceptable. Winning teams don’t win 100 games by playing 650 ball against the best of the best they do it by clubbing the baby seals. We missed our chance in Arlington but you can’t be too disappointed with this stretch right now, on balance. 
be really nice to get out of town with a win and in first place with Oakland. 

Mid week day games at home rule.  I love drinking beer and sending photos of it from the game to my coworkers who are wanting to shoot themselves because they are still at work.  

Let's sweep these fucks

Edited by Scraps
  • Hook 'Em 1

I hate the 8/9 batters worse than the full OF....but Catcher is a black hole at the plate anyway.  

Jones doesn't bother me given the current circumstances.  Hopefully Brantley is back tomorrow.  

Edited by Scraps
  • Haha 1