2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

6 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I just hope he doesn’t take a month to get going. He’s a notoriously slow starter. 

From what I saw in  his at bats Friday and Saturday, he looked like he was rolling over a lot and not driving the ball on a line. His double yesterday was a grounder near the third base line that chewed up the third baseman and is often an out. He had a few ground ball outs to the left side this weekend, and he had a bunch of fly balls pulled foul. His first at bat Friday night was struck well up the middle and looked like a hit off the bat but Solak made a great play in the shallow grass on a one-hop and threw him out. He had a couple of walks that game as well and one solid single to left where it looked like he might be starting to find his stroke. Also hit a deep fly to center that had a chance but didn't carry. Hopefully that AB meant that  it's starting to click for him timing-wise? But I think it's going to take him a week at least.....

He’s probably going to be sent down on Tuesday when Bregs is activated. I’m ok with giving the guy a start. Meyers will get his shot. 
I agree I'm just mildly surprised Meyers hasn't yet gotten a start considering how often Baker loves to rest Brantley. It would make sense today to have Altuve starting and Aledmys at third with Meyers in LF and DH Yordan (or the other way around)...

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

chas is 11 for 19 v the twins but let's start 0fer Mayer 

but let's have an infield of Jacob Wilson-Correa-Diaz-Taylor Jones over Diaz-Correa-Altuve-Jones....

Easily could start Chas and Meyers today and give Brantley rest. 

He does a real bad job staggering off days and adjusting to circumstances.  We have pretty much conceded a few games this year because he's let too many people have an off day when there were already guys out with injuries.

Edited by kevwun

8 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I’m not one to harp on Dusty, but giving Altuve a day off the day before a day off and with our current injury situation and the three best bullpen arms unavailable is a pretty horrible idea.

Also I think it's a terrible idea to have a guy the team just claimed off waivers from outside the organization start his first game as an Astro before  the guy your GM expressed a lot of belief in after trading away the starting cf. 

• Hook 'Em 2