2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

7 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Welp.

RIP J.R. Richard.

My first favorite baseball player.  My first glove was a JR Richard model.  Dude had a tough life after baseball.

“I’ve known J.R. for a long time,” said Enos Cabell, who was an Astros teammate for several seasons. “In the Minor Leagues, I played against him and then we were teammates with the Astros for many years. He was one of the greatest pitchers we ever had and probably would have been in the Hall of Fame if his career was not cut short. On the mound, he was devastating and intimidating. Nobody wanted to face him. Guys on the other team would say that they were sick to avoid facing him. This is very sad news. He will be missed.”

RIP.

“He was one of the greatest pitchers we ever had and probably would have been in the Hall of Fame if his career was not cut short. On the mound, he was devastating and intimidating. Nobody wanted to face him. Guys on the other team would say that they were sick to avoid facing him. This is very sad news. He will be missed.”

RIP.

All true.

You baby’s talkin lineups and contracts must have no idea who this guy was. JR Richard was absolutely devastating to hitters. I’m talking Koufax, Gibson in their prime and even Steve Carlton when he discovered the slider. Freaking devastating. He routinely embarrassed major league hitters.

Teams would come into the Dome for a weekend series and have to face Ryan, knuckleballer Joe Niekro, and JR and be lucky to score two runs …, for the series. Hitters would have to face two of the hardest throwing guys in the majors with a flutterballer in between and leave totally discombobulated. It was awesome.

RIP big guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

It’s a long season, guys need rest. We are in first and the rest strategy has worked so far 
Do you want to win(can't start Meyers!!) or do you want to rest(starters can go to bench!!!) or what.....make up your mind....oh wait this is the guy who likes the Cowboys and the Texans