2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

10 minutes ago, Stros121 said:

In a big game I would be happy to see Graveman close, as of now he is the better pitcher. It’s not even all that close watching them both pitch. Good problem to have!!

Pressly had 2 shaky games at the end of July. Other than that he’s been close to perfect for 2 months. 

1 hour ago, WBT said:

f offdays

I guess we should be happy for all the off days we can get during the dog days of August, but it seems like an irritatingly large number we've had in the last 20 or so days.  What is it- like 5?  Fuck- baseball is supposed to be a 13 out of 14 kind of sport.  

Astros doing the get you in the door nosebleeds for all Sun-Thurs games(except final game of season) the rest of the season for $60 (roughly $72 after wack ass fees)  That is for 12 games.  

just for comparison I bought a get in the door seat yesterday from the same sections and it was $28 after fees.

https://www.mlb.com/astros/tickets/ballpark-pass

• Hook 'Em 2

Oakland is just doing what we seem to not be able to do and that's beat up on the shit teams.  After they sweep the Rangers this weekend they will then have to deal with the White Sox, Giants, Yankees in 11 of their 13 with the M's being sprinkled in there for a 2 game set.  

4 hours ago, WBT said:

f offdays

The only thing I was grateful about is that I have a 5:30AM wake up on Friday and it would be a 9Pm start with the Halos most likely tonight.

Can we get Bregs healthy before his jersey night next weekend?

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Today’s off day is ok with me because I’m excited about the Field of Dreams game and I can focus on that. 

Fuck the Yankees and WGAF about the WhiteSox?

This game does nothing for me.  Maybe have some topless chicks carry steins of beer from the outfield to the players.  Dreams, indeed...

Bring him in.  I'd rather have Marwin sucking than Robel or that new guy.

This really depends on Bregman’s timeline. Marwin isn’t worth bringing in if Bregman is really coming back in a week, but if they plan to have Robel or Wilson on the roster for an extended period of time the rest of the season, I’d definitely choose Marwin over that.

37 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Yuli not playing tonight and Bregman still not in AAA lineup. This front office can be so annoying.

So it’s the front office’s fault that neither is ready to play? If they were, they’d be in the lineup. 

Edited by TonyTexas

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This really depends on Bregman’s timeline. Marwin isn’t worth bringing in if Bregman is really coming back in a week, but if they plan to have Robel or Wilson on the roster for an extended period of time the rest of the season, I’d definitely choose Marwin over that.

I think there's a good argument to be made for Marwin as the backup utility IF to Aledmys, especially with the uncertainty of Bregman, but my only issue with bringing him in is the omnipresent roster crunch on both the 40-man and 26-man. Ideally that roster spot will go to a player who will not be needed and will not sniff the playoff roster, but may be called upon as a short-term fill-in in case a minor injury occurs. Robel Garcia sucks offensively, but he's decent with his glove and he is optionable. I'm not sure that Marwin is a huge upgrade offensively and if you put him on the active roster, you're stuck with him until you DFA him like Boston just did. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not to mention jose, correa, yuli love him and like i said he has sucked, but he may have a minor resurgence coming back to a place he is super familiar with.

Regardless this whole thing is minor because none of the guys we are talking about hopefully see any postseason roster spot or we got some issues