2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

23 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep. I was looking at it and can’t see any Astros that truly deserve to be starters. We’ve got a bunch deserving of being on the team. 

I’d go Yuli, Altuve, Correa, Greinke, Presley. 
If I’m being greedy I can plausibly argue for Brantley, Bregman, Yordan and maybe García?  

I don’t follow the rest of the league as closely as I used to so maybe there’s 3 clear SS ahead of Correa or something like that at another position and our guy is a tough omission stacked position” kinda guy but all those performances are all star caliber. 

Yeah Correa should make it, but he will probably get screwed.  I would only put Xander ahead of him at the moment.  Bichette and him are pretty much on par at this time, and Anderson isn't even in the conversation this year yet.  

41 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Mfer still hasn't thrown a pitch as an Astro iirc.

My wife knows Pruitt's mom and can't wait to see him pitch for Houston.

I told her the other night that it's never going to happen...LOL.

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

We already wasted the challenge in the play at 2nd.  Only one per game in regular season. 

Was Altuve's foot off the bag?  I'm watching the Rangers' broadcast and the two angles they had looked good, but they avoided showing the definitive view.

Rangers' broadcasters were all as shocked as I was when the replay office called it safe.

Edited by clapclapclap

5 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Was Altuve's foot off the bag?  I'm watching the Rangers' broadcast and the two angles they had looked good, but they avoided showing the definitive view.

Rangers' broadcasters were all as shocked as I was when the replay office called it safe.

Looked like his foot was on the bag and he pushed off on the bag to start the throw to first.  There just wasn’t a definitive view to overturn the poor call on the field.  It’s the difference in the game right now. 

Edited by Guadaloopy
  • Hook 'Em 1