DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

53 minutes ago, seven said:

I think it's more inhumane to let them in here...what chance do they have against almost certain death from NetNeutrality, the TaxCuts, or a host of other Trump policies?

You're bringing these people here to be slaughtered.

• Fuck You 3

Just now, BabaYaga said:

And those 25,000 children Obama detained....rounded up from school trips and class outings?  

So how many of those 25,000 were separated from their parents at the border by illegal entry charges, as opposed to arriving at the border alone?  Five?  Ten?  A thousand?  Ten thousand? 

What is the number?

Just now, XR4ticlone said:

I think it's more inhumane to let them in here...what chance do they have against almost certain death from NetNeutrality, the TaxCuts, or a host of other Trump policies?

No, no...they want minors to be kept in an open detention facility with hundreds of other stranger adults all of whom are there for at least one or more federal crime because that's the compassionate and humane thing to do? Just common sense right?

And I'm sure after the first couple of rapes they'll have new talking points to replace the old ones...

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, XR4ticlone said:

Also hell for you. 

Just now, Mojo Hand said:

So how many of those 25,000 were separated from their parents at the border by illegal entry charges, as opposed to arriving at the border alone?  Five?  Ten?  A thousand?  Ten thousand? 

What is the number?

Yeah, they all just arrived.  Some in single digits.  Just got lost and wandered away...

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Also hell for you. 

And don't forget hell for the team that enacted the statues that when you enter illegally you are subject to detainment (INA 236). Your kids that you brought with you are now wardens of the state (Texas Family Code, Title 5, Section E, Chp 262 "Protection of the Child").

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Yeah, the cloak room has always been predictable but I am shocked to see multiple people take on the mantle of defending this atrocious policy.

The cocktail of nativism, xenophobia, and pure allegiance to team is a stout drink.

Together, tonight, let us say what so many long to hear: that America is still united, still strong, still compassionate, still clinging fast to the dream of peace and freedom, still willing to stand by those who are persecuted or alone.

For those who seek the right to self-determination without interference from foreign powers, tonight let us speak for them,

For those who suffer from social or religious discrimination,

For those who are victims of police states or government induced torture or terror,

For those who are persecuted,

For all the countries and people of the world who seek only to live in harmony with each other, tonight let us speak for them.

And let us resolve they will say of our day and our generation that we did keep faith with our God, that we did act "worthy of ourselves;" that we did protect and pass on lovingly that shining city on a hill.

I was 10 when those words were uttered.  It was the time of my political "birth."  Sure, I was young, and my thinking was far from complex; the true picture of the nation and the man who gave that speech was much more complicated than I grasped.  But I latched on to those ideals, and I have never let them go.  Those ideals were championed by a political party that I was an active member of for many years.

I believed in the shining city on the hill -- I now know that we have not always been that.  Indeed at times, we have been far from it. But it has always been an aspiration that at least influenced who we are, and who we want to be.

I still believe that we SHOULD be that, and we SHOULD aspire to that.  I still do.

So I'll stand over here, with the pussy libtard who said those words.

• Like 2

Who in the Administration is going to be the sacrificial lamb for this one?  A lot of Trump's scandals have been confusing to folks who don't pay attention to politics.  Children separated from their families and held in holding cells isn't.

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

Who in the Administration is going to be the sacrificial lamb for this one?  A lot of Trump's scandals have been confusing to folks who don't pay attention to politics.  Children separated from their families and held in holding cells isn't.

What is the alternative? Either they are to be separated or they are to be held together with hundreds of other criminal adults. That's it. Obama just turned them loose into the streets, knowing they'd never appear in court. That is lawlessness. We either have a border and have laws or we don't. 

Heaven forbid we choose to enforce our laws and make parents responsible for their children.

Just now, XR4ticlone said:

If nothing else...Trump has brought leftists back to reading the Bible and believing in hell. 

So that's good I guess .

Maybe one day you'll actually understand some of the messages of Jesus Christ. I doubt it because you are obviously a terrible person. 

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

What is the alternative? Either they are to be separated or they are to be held together with hundreds of other criminal adults. That's it. Obama just turned them loose into the streets, knowing they'd never appear in court. That is lawlessness. We either have a border and have laws or we don't. 

Heaven forbid we choose to enforce our laws and make parents responsible for their children.

Wait, Obama just turned them loose into the streets?    You've maintained that Obama followed the same policy as Trump of locking up the parents and separating them from their children.   Which is it? 

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

You mean like the Trump Administration was doing up until 6 weeks ago?  If it was so terrible, why did they wait so long to start doing this?

To recap:

-Obama did the exact same thing as Trump, locking up the parents to separate them from their children. 

-Obama was lawless and turned the families loose in the streets without separating them. 

-Nobody cared when Obama did the same thing as Trump.

-The proof is an image of people protesting Obama in the streets.

• Like 1

One side of this argument sure seems to be getting twisted up in knots trying to rationalize it.  Both at the official govt level and at the sycophant level.

Which is it -a new zero tolerance policy that is justifiable according to scripture?  The same policy that Obama had?  The Dems fault?  Not apologizing for something that we aren't doing? 

I can't f'n keep up.

• Like 1

The Trump Admin has 3 different lies going on to explain this. They can't even keep their own stories straight because everyone is in CYA mode.  Sessions went with because God, Homeland Security when with because it's the law and Trump went with because the Democrats.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

it really is amazing how partisanship has completely destroyed our morals, our taste and all of our ideals. we are taking the Christian ethos that have driven almost all our progress as a society and wiping our ass with it.

my family is now donating money to Raices and will also look to donate time and energy when/if that time arrives. 

2 minutes ago, staboner said:

it really is amazing how partisanship has completely destroyed our morals, our taste and all of our ideals. we are taking the Christian ethos that have driven almost all our progress as a society and wiping our ass with it.

my family is now donating money to Raices and will also look to donate time and energy when/if that time arrives. 

Did you not get the memo that Christians are evil? They want to prevent women from getting abortions!

Maybe Trump is just a classic democrat from the 90s and 00s.

Oops! Thousands of DACA recipients with arrest records, including 10 accused murderers, allowed to stay in US

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/18/thousands-daca-recipients-with-arrest-records-including-10-accused-murderers-allowed-to-stay-in-us.html

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Re chain of videos above -- Fascinating.  What any of that has to do with this recent policy change -- to deny families seeking asylum entry at a border entry point, and then to separate their children from them when they do -- well, it has nothing to do with it but deflection.

The crosshairs are still on the target that makes you so uncomfortable -- you are using children and their well-being as hostages to achieve a political end.  You have become everything you have ever railed against.  Congratulations.

Edited by Brisketexan

25 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Also, chain link cages aren't really cages.  The lies for this fuckup aren't remotely plausible.

I wouldn’t call it a fuckup. A fuckup implies that an intent was established at producing an outcome drastically different than the one that took place.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The Trump Admin has 3 different lies going on to explain this. They can't even keep their own stories straight because everyone is in CYA mode.  Sessions went with because God, Homeland Security when with because it's the law and Trump went with because the Democrats.

Youre forgetting the hot take of them all being child actors.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Somebody claimed it was because illegal immigration went up recently, even though I thought Trump was telling us that it had went down or something. 

It’s remarkable how quickly the deplorables came running to post on this issue and most using the same specious talking points.

It’s almost as if they were deployed like an army to defend their turf.

I can only imagine the “liberal” bashing going on in the Trump echo chambers.

26 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You know who else strategically propagates multiple lies to cover up atrocities? 

36 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Maybe one day you'll actually understand some of the messages of Jesus Christ. I doubt it because you are obviously a terrible person.  

Yes...obviously.  I think you know me well enough to make that declaration.  🙄

FTR...I have never confessed to be anything more than a poor Christian.  To do otherwise might lead you to believe that I don't need salvation through Jesus Christ.  And IMHO anyone that tells you what a great Christian they are typically isn't a very good one at all. 

That said, we must have law and order.  We cannot take in the 4 billion people who would no doubt love to come here.

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

The only thing "manufactured" - is this bullshit talking point about "ripping" kids away and "concentration  camps"....

What do you call it when the children are taken away to bathe them and then they never return? As for as the concentration camps, have you seen the videos of the camps?

6 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

FTR...I have never confessed to be anything more than a poor Christian.  To do otherwise might lead you to believe that I don't need salvation through Jesus Christ.  And IMHO anyone that tells you what a great Christian they are typically isn't a very good one at all. 

That said, we must have law and order.  We cannot take in the 4 billion people who would no doubt love to come here.

I disagree with your premise that we can't take in everyone that would love to come here, but even if it is true it does not require separating children from their families. And to be clear, I'm not christian. But, even a heathen like me recognizes that anyone and everyone who justifies this is a terrible person.  And I've read the bible many times (catholic school). I know for certain that Jesus wouldn't approve of this policy or the people who condone it. 

Edited by Dahobbs

6 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

I'm going to quibble with your numbers. I don't think 4 billion people wanna come here.

1 minute ago, GW Hayduke said:

Crisis actors!  Have they gotten to that one yet. The kids in cages are crisis actors. Nothing to see here

Ann Coulter beat you to it.

Rule: if there's a loathsome, morally bankrupt position that can be taken, Ann Coulter and/or Alex Jones already beat you to it.

Just now, kevwun said:

Coulter said that today or yesterday.  The kids in the not cages are apparently child actors.

Gotta take this and run with it. All those aborted babies - fetus actors.