DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

I know this will come as a shock to most of you, but under the Obama administration immigrant children were turned over to human traffickers because of lack of due diligence on their part.

To those of you who were saying Obama didn't separate families, well these people don't believe you.

Df9Pll2UEAUD4M6.jpg

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

It’s hip to be outraged. 

It's moral outrage, which is why Laura Bush who has always been publicly silent took out an op-ed in the Washington Post. It's why religious organizations ranging from the Roman Catholic Church to the Southern Baptist Convention have spoken out against this policy. It's why Trump supporters like Franklin Graham have spoken out against this policy. This is about moral vs immoral.

• Like 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

I know this will come as a shock to most of you, but under the Obama administration immigrant children were turned over to human traffickers because of lack of due diligence on their part. Of course those of you who were saying Obama didn't separate families, well these people don't believe you.

Df9Pll2UEAUD4M6.jpg

Deflector-Shield-300x200.gif

Just now, HtownHorn said:

I know this will come as a shock to most of you, but under the Obama administration immigrant children were turned over to human traffickers because of lack of due diligence on their part.

To those of you who were saying Obama didn't separate families, well these people don't believe you.

Df9Pll2UEAUD4M6.jpg

Wait, so people did complain about the (different) Obama policy?   Nice job undermining your own false narrative. 

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Df9Pll2UEAUD4M6.jpg

But they didn't actually do it. That's the difference.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Shocking that the people who can only blame the refs when their teams lose are the same people scrambling to defend this. It’s almost like they’re disingenuous pussies

No one is defending it. We just find your outrage a little hypocritical and late.

• Like 1

Just now, lemonlime said:

Maybe you should start an Obama WIll Never Be President Again thread to bitch about him.

We can put it right under the Current Administration policies carried over from the previous administration's policies that I'm all of a sudden outraged at...

14 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Yes, this is the only time what I described has happened.   Tell us when it has happened before — specifically a broad, extended policy to charge misdemeanor illegal entry offenses in order to separate families at the border.  When exactly was that, when thousands of children were previously taken from parents in a six-week span based in illegal entry misdemeanor charges? 

*crickets*

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Lolz

Fantana was too busy to get outraged at the 25,000 children housed on more than 80 HHS Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) centers under the previous adminstration.....or, as they are more commonly called today:   concentration camps"

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Fantana was too busy to get outraged at the 25,000 children housed on more than 80 HHS Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) centers under the previous adminstration.....or, as they are more commonly called today:   concentration camps"

That's not family separation data.  Those are kids who didn't arrive at the border with parents.  There have been 1,995 children taken from parents in family border separations in just six weeks under Trump.   How many were there under Obama? 

6 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Wait...people are actually vehemently defending this thing?

They are but they don't know it. 

They are trying to curb the moral outrage and stick it to the libs but in doing so they are normalizing state sponsored child abuse.

It's truly amazing to behold.  

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

That's not family separation data.  Those are kids who didn't arrive at the border with parents.  There have been 1,995 children taken from parents in family border separations in just six weeks under Trump.   How many were there under Obama? 

Ah, yes, so the "Obama don't separate me from my mommy" posters were carefully crafted GOP obfuscation paid for by the diabolical Koch puppeteers..

20 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

They've neither watched this, or be willing to acknowledge its content - this is, as already admitted, about optics.  About their "side" using this is a fucking political stunt.  They won't touch the fact that this is a carry-over from the previous administrations policies...

It's not a carry over you dimwit.  Trump enacted his 'zero tolerance' policy.  It is decidedly different than past administrations.  When you have Laura Bush issuing an opinion piece on the subject decrying this 'policy', it's patently fucking obvious something is wrong.

Call it what it is, Trump is trying to use these kids as a negotiating tool for immigration reform.  It's a bold strategy Cotton....

• Like 1

BabaYaga and HtownHown deserve to go to hell along with anyone else associated with or supporting this practice. And I mean everyone who tolerates it or enforces it. Bullshit like I'm just doing my job should not be tolerated.

• Like 2

Let's just step back and enjoy that the "evidence" that Obama did the same thing without anyone complaining is a picture of people protesting against the notion of Obama doing it.  The evidence is a protest!  The cognitive dissonance is incredible. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

BabaYaga and HtownHown deserve to go to hell along with anyone else associated with or supporting this practice. And I mean everyone who tolerates it or enforces it. Bullshit like I'm just doing my job should not be tolerated.

That didn't take long....moving on from Godwin?  Nobody is defending anything, rather pointing out the blatant hypocrisy when the previous administration housed 25,000 children in these "concentration camps" and you didn't say shit about it?

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

That didn't take long....moving on from Godwin?  Nobody is defending anything, rather pointing out the blatant hypocrisy when the previous administration housed 25,000 children in these "concentration camps" and you didn't say shit about it?

How many did Obama separate from their parents? 

28 minutes ago, F250 said:

It's moral outrage, which is why Laura Bush who has always been publicly silent took out an op-ed in the Washington Post. It's why religious organizations ranging from the Roman Catholic Church to the Southern Baptist Convention have spoken out against this policy. It's why Trump supporters like Franklin Graham have spoken out against this policy. This is about moral vs immoral.

I wish all of you well on your ascent to moral high ground. 

Edited by Chrispy
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Remind me where the parents were for those 25,000 kids again?

You tell us.  Under the current policy, the parents are jailed at the border on misdemeanor illegal entry charges.  How many of the parents you're citing under Obama were in the same situation?   

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Purposely separating children from their mothers is far different from having to place children who didn't have family somewhere. Again, you deserve hell. I hope one day you realize how terrible this whole thing is and how terrible you've been for ignoring it. 

17 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Wait...people are actually vehemently defending this thing?

Yeah, the cloak room has always been predictable but I am shocked to see multiple people take on the mantle of defending this atrocious policy.

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Fuck anyone who supports this policy. 

So you're saying you'd be fine with a cop pulling over drunk parents and packing Mom dad and their 2 kids off to a county holding cell while mom and dad await trial?

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Purposely separating children from their mothers is far different from having to place children who didn't have family somewhere. Again, you deserve hell. I hope one day you realize how terrible this whole thing is and how terrible you've been for ignoring it. 

Nowhere in our criminal justice system do we allow criminals to retain custody of their kids or put incarcerated minors in with incarcerated adults

Just now, BabaYaga said:

So you're saying you'd be fine with a cop pulling over drunk parents and packing Mom dad and their 2 kids off to a county holding cell while mom and dad await trial?

You keep asking other people questions, yet refuse to answer the simplest of questions about your claim that Obama did the same thing.   How many children were separated from their parents at the border by the Obama administration charging their parents with illegal entry?  1,995 children in six weeks under Trump.  How many when Obama supposedly did the same thing? 

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

You keep asking other people questions, yet refuse to answer the simplest of questions about your claim that Obama did the same thing.   How many children were separated from their parents at the border by the Obama administration charging their parents with illegal entry?  1,995 children in six weeks under Trump.  How many when Obama supposedly did the same thing? 

And those 25,000 children Obama detained....rounded up from school trips and class outings?