DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

State sponsored child abuse is okay because Obama did it!

Even if we accepted the premise that Obama did the exact same thing Trump is doing now, it doesn’t make it any less wrong or evil.

Why is this difficult?

Because contortionist Trumpkins feel the need to publicly display their self-delusions. 

Just now, Bill Clinton said:

What is the solution? Abandon all immigration laws, systems, fuck the people over who are coming in legally and reward people who get coyotes to bring children in the desert?

One solution is to not make policy changes that intentionally tear families apart at the border.

Another thing that could have been done is to not rescind DACA without a solution already in place.

Creating more unnecessary fear and cruelty has been the only solution of the Trump administration thus far.  What makes you think this approach is going to stop?

1 minute ago, Pancho Negro said:

How much longer before Trump and Republicans/conservatives start shipping black people back to Africa and cite bible passages as justification?

How soon can they get the boats ready?  All aboard the one-way trip to Monrovia!

It's striking the number of people here who justify ripping kids from their parents.  As if there is no other solution to our immigration issues.  Guess what?  Mexico isn't all of a sudden moving to Asia anytime soon.  Neither are we.  So we better find a workable solution that doesn't have the U.S.  looking like we're working on a final solution.

4 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

How much longer before Trump and Republicans/conservatives start shipping black people back to Africa and cite bible passages as justification?

Already done.

7 hours ago, zork said:

Seems like the old American colony, Liberia, is turning over a new leaf and wants new citizens.  Finally a solution.(although not a short ferry ride to Liberia)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-43113979

Holy shit, how did this Nielsen lady stay under the radar until now?  Listening to this speech right now is terrifying.  I know the Nazi comparison is tiresome and overused, but this genuinely sounds like something that could have come from 1930's Germany.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Celery Man said:

The actual funny thing is that this is not a left/right issue and a lot of people in the center are appalled at what we are becoming. Wait that’s not actually funny.

Neither Miller nor Trump understand Christians or women.  Trump doesn’t realize how many women held their noses, ignored his bragging about sexual assault, and voted for him.  They won’t make that mistake again. 

Sessions understands some Christians, but I think his hatred for certain groups outweighs that. 

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Holy shit, how did this Nielsen lady stay under the radar until now?  Listening to this speech right now is terrifying.  I know the Nazi comparison is tiresome and overused, but this genuinely sounds like something that could have come from 1930's Germany.

yep. We're protecting you from the scary brown ppl.

Edited by retread

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

One solution is to not make policy changes that intentionally tear families apart at the border.

Another thing that could have been done is to not rescind DACA without a solution already in place.

Creating more unnecessary fear and cruelty has been the only solution of the Trump administration thus far.  What makes you think this approach is going to stop?

A solution is to keep coyotes and people jumping the border with whatever kids they bring across? I'm sure that will work out just fine. The reason they have to separate children is to keep them away from the criminals bringing them across the border. Nobody knows who they are, they are illegally crossing the border and putting the child in danger, if they are the parents they are irresponsible at best for putting the child in danger crossing the border illegally. 

Daca was never a real solution, since it was never voted on by congress to be put into law. Also, they have failed miserably at actually carrying out what the "law" was supposed to do. It was always meant to fail, and named such to draw on the heartstrings of the idiots. 

So how about a real solution instead of bitching and attacking anything you can?

The solution is fucking obvious, you deter people from coming here illegally.

Build the fucking wall. Force people to follow laws if they want to legally immigrate like everyone else. Stop rewarding those who come illegally. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump doesn’t realize how many women held their noses, ignored his bragging about sexual assault, and voted for him.  They won’t make that mistake again. 

And the left still doesn't understand that women are smart enough to differentiate between locker-room talk and a spouse of an actual rapist, who then set about to use the power and leverage of the administration to intimidate and discredit these women who's only crime was coming forward and jeopardizing their reign of power.... 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Given that we've set up concentration camps, this is exactly what the Nazi comparison is for.

30 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Unaccompanied minors are UNACCOMPANIED - i.e., without parents to separate them from.  How stupid are you some of you dumbfucks?

The distinction....well, that's like facts and logic.  GTFO with that shit, because...

23 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Some are stupid, others are knowingly lying to support these despicable acts. 

...these things are true.

22 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I feel like once you get to the point of arguing the definition of "cages," it should be pretty apparent that you're on the wrong side.

It should be, but it isn't.  If anyone wonders how the creep of inhumanity and evil turn a respectable nation into an atrocity, this is how it goes.

10 minutes ago, Bill Clinton said:

What is the solution? Abandon all immigration laws, systems, fuck the people over who are coming in legally and reward people who get coyotes to bring children in the desert?

Oh, I've always LOVED the false dilemma!  One of my FAVORITE logical fallacies, mostly employed by moutbreathing idiots allergic to simple logic and reasoning.  And, so EASILY rebutted!

See, how about this -- when it comes to (1) families who are coming here seeking asylum, we should (2) not tear apart those family units.  That's it.  Full-stop.  That policy and approach is not incompatible with having immigration laws, an asylum system, dealing with coyotes, and all that shit. It's just one piece of the puzzle, addressed in full -- when a family arrives here seeking asylum, don't separate children from their parents.

You can push to change our laws on asylum (no asylum for anyone, ever!) -- we'll argue the policy point.

You can push to change our immigration system (I might well agree with much of what you propose -- hell, there are folks here with whom I disagree a great deal, and we agree on some elements of immigration -- see Johnny Sack) -- we'll discuss the policy point.

But if you effectively hold children and their well-being hostage to get your way -- shut it down, you are evil.

If you implement a "border defense" policy that sets up machine gun nests to cut down a family wading across the river -- shut it down, you are evil.

There are things that a civilized, decent nation does not do and cannot do.  Period.  Ever.  And if you commit inhuman acts in order to gain political advantage, you are no better than a terrorist, taking hostages to improve your negotiation position.  "If you'd just leave the holy land, I wouldn't have to hijack this plane full of your citizens.  YOU can put an end to this.  Pull your presence out of the Middle East.  This is your fault.  DO SOMETHING!"  Hurting civilians to get your way politically is terrorism.  Welcome to the club, fellas.

• Like 6

Immigration reform, and the way we treat illegal immigrants and asylum seekers until Congress and the president get off their asses to enact something, are two separate issues.  America's lack of preparation to handle this humanitarian issue through an efficient process doesn't excuse the Trump administration's choice to abuse children as a means of deterring other immigrants, and it does not excuse his supporters either. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, seven said:

Ripping children from their parents and shipping them off to concentration camps = manufactured outrage 

The only thing "manufactured" - is this bullshit talking point about "ripping" kids away and "concentration  camps"....

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

And the left still doesn't understand that women are smart enough to differentiate between locker-room talk and a spouse of an actual rapist, who then set about to use the power and leverage of the administration to intimidate and discredit these women who's only crime was coming forward and jeopardizing their reign of power.... 

Trump has been accused of actual rape. 

8 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Everybody understands children being locked up in abandoned Walmarts. Including the Catholics, Protestants, women, and most people who are warmer than room temperature.  

Its fucking hilarious that a 32-year-old incel is going to help flip Congress. Trump’s tweets will be especially delicious if he ever realizes what a colossal fuckup he made in hiring Miller in the first place, as well as actively supporting this. 

Edited by atomheartbevo

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Ththe understand children being locked up in abandoned Walmarts. And so do the Catholics, Protestants, women, and most people who are warmer than room temperature.  

Its fucking hilarious that a 32-year-old incel is going to help flip Congress. Trump’s tweets will be especially delicious if he ever realizes what a colossal fuckup he made in hiring Miller in the first place, as well as actively supporting this. 

This issue is really bad for Republicans. From a political standpoint, the Democrats are going to be able to use it to get everything they want on immigration. Members of Congress are starting to figure that out.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Trump has been accused of actual rape. 

Trump has been accused of everything the left can think of.  Clinton has committed actual rape....then had his wife attack and destroy the lives of those who's only crime was to come forward.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

The only thing "manufactured" - is this bullshit talking point about "ripping" kids away and "concentration  camps"....

You can fuck that chicken all you want, but it doesn't change the reality that thousands of kids are being forcibly separated from their parents, with the goal of scaring future immigrants away, by leveraging a misdemeanor illegal entry charge that the Trump administration is choosing to impose in lieu of going through the immigration system's asylum/deportation process.  And it doesn't change the reality that these children are being imprisoned away from their parents in mass prison camps.  It's happening, whether you deny it or not. 

• Like 2

Trump has been accused of everything the left can think of.  Clinton has committed actual rape....then had his wife attack and destroy the lives of those who's only crime was to come forward.  

The left didn’t accuse him of rape, his wife did.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Everybody understands children being locked up in abandoned Walmarts. Including the Catholics, Protestants, women, and most people who are warmer than room temperature.  

I'm sorry, I didn't know we'd moved on from talk about Clinton raping women and having his wife then try to destroy their lives.  Carry on....

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Trump has also been accused of committing actual rape. Just like Clinton.

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

You can fuck that chicken all you want, but it doesn't change the reality that thousands of kids are being forcibly separated from their parents, with the goal of scaring future immigrants away, by leveraging a misdemeanor illegal entry charge that the Trump administration is choosing to impose in lieu of going through the immigration system's asylum/deportation process.  And it doesn't change the reality that these children are being imprisoned away from their parents in mass prison camps.  It's happening, whether you deny it or not. 

Oh, this is bad NOW?  Isn't that convenient....

Just now, BabaYaga said:

I'm sorry, I didn't know we'd moved on from talk about Clinton raping women and having his wife then try to destroy their lives.  Carry on....

Yea try to keep up. We are talking about the 13 women who have accused the Dotard of sexual assault 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

This issue is really bad for Republicans. From a political standpoint, the Democrats are going to be able to use it to get everything they want on immigration. Members of Congress are starting to figure that out.

The Democrats are going to be able to use this to make races closer than they otherwise would have been, especially in the House.  Too many Republicans are scared of angering Trump and his fans, so they will remain silent or try and justify it, so the Dems get to control this issue. 

And it’s an issue that is perfect for campaigns.  Everybody understands the image of taking kids from parents and locking them up in abandoned Walmart’s. 

And given how fast the government had to ramp up hiring of childcare workers, there will unfortunately be plenty of abuse from unqualified workers  that the Rs will have to defend. 

The Democrats are going to be able to use this to make races closer than they otherwise would have been, especially in the House.  Too many Republicans are scared of angering Trump and his fans, so they will remain silent or try and justify it, so the Dems get to control this issue. 

And it’s an issue that is perfect for campaigns.  Everybody understands the image of taking kids from parents and locking them up in abandoned Walmart’s. 

And given how fast the government had to ramp up hiring of childcare workers, there will unfortunately be plenty of abuse from unqualified workers  that the Rs will have to defend. 

So it's all about optics.  Funny how this was a buried story under Obama, but now it will help "your side".  At least you're an honest shill....

• Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Way too much reality in this. Think of the children. 

They've neither watched this, or be willing to acknowledge its content - this is, as already admitted, about optics.  About their "side" using this is a fucking political stunt.  They won't touch the fact that this is a carry-over from the previous administrations policies...

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, XR4ticlone said:

This is pretty darn good...and pretty damning for the left. 

Don't @ me if you didn't watch it.  She seems to have her story straight.

I saw it on Facebook therefore it must be true.  Never mind all the people actually going to the detention centers with cameras and witnessing kids in cages and doing interviews with parents who are lawfully seeking asylum but being imprisoned.

Nope, none of that shit is real because lady in the Facebook video told me so.

• Like 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

They've neither watched this, or be willing to acknowledge its content - this is, as already admitted, about optics.  About their "side" using this is a fucking political stunt.  They won't touch the fact that this is a carry-over from the previous administrations policies...

Yea using something horrible as a political stunt would be bad. You know like using rape as a political stunt in a thread about immigration 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Donald committed actual rape, and actual sexual assault, and then bragged about it on access Hollywood 

Oh, so we have proof of this then?  So we then need to sit back and wait until he has his wife use the IRS to intimidate and audit them?  

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize there was a Presidential election in November, and that Hillary was on the ballot again. For some reason I was thinking it was November of 2018 and that Trump created an issue that’s going to send a lot of women to the voting booth in support of Democrats. 

Since it’s apparently 2020 and Hillary is somehow on the ballot again, refresh my memory - did the Astros repeat?  

• Like 1

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize there was a Presidential election in November, and that Hillary was on the ballot again. For some reason I was thinking it was November of 2018 and that Trump created an issue that’s going to send a lot of women to the voting booth in support of Democrats. 

Since it’s apparently 2020 and Hillary is somehow on the ballot again, refresh my memory - did the Astros repeat?  

Hillary isn't on the ballot - but apparently selective outrage and hypocrisy are....

• Fuck You 1

So this is the only time it happened?

Yes, this is the only time what I described has happened.   Tell us when it has happened before — specifically a broad, extended policy to charge misdemeanor illegal entry offenses in order to separate families at the border.  When exactly was that, when thousands of children were previously taken from parents in a six-week span based in illegal entry misdemeanor charges? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I saw it on Facebook therefore it must be true.  Never mind all the people actually going to the detention centers with cameras and witnessing kids in cages and doing interviews with parents who are lawfully seeking asylum but being imprisoned.

Nope, none of that shit is real because lady in the Facebook video told me so.

Sadly this is all it takes for many Trumpkins sipping their morning coffee and checking Facebook to validate their orange cult.

8 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

So it's all about optics.  Funny how this was a buried story under Obama, but now it will help "your side".  At least you're an honest shill....

Politically I’m an independent, so nothing will help “my side”.

But as a human being, anything that helps end this abuse will help “my side”. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pancho Negro said:

So not only keeping these children in cages like animals, but also subjecting them to their Nazi time travel experiments?

This shit is bad enough without posting obviously fake FB posts spread across twatter.  

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Politically I’m an independent, so nothing will help “my side”.

But as a human being, anything that helps end this abuse will help “my side”. 

So when these practices were being done before....you must have been busy then....

• Fuck You 1