B1G - 50%

B12 - 50%

G4 - 6%

Indy -  14.3%

P12 - 58.3%

SEC - 57.1%

12 Team Playoff.jpg

12 Team Playoff-1.jpg

Any system that would allow shitty teams such as Kansas, Rice, UTEP, Vanderbilt, any Sun Belt, MAC, MWC team or ATM in the playoffs needs to be nuked from orbit.  

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Any system that would allow shitty teams such as Kansas, Rice, UTEP, Vanderbilt, any Sun Belt, MAC, MWC team or ATM in the playoffs needs to be nuked from orbit.  

Again, only the highlighted teams would have made it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

SIAP---what season are they proposing this 12-team playoff begin?  

Depends on whether or not there's unanimity. If it's not a unanimous move, it'd have to wait 'til after the current CFP contract runs out (through 2025 season). Unless I'm mistaken, a unanimous vote means...immediately, right? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I 100% love this and also does that mean that Notre Dame will never qualify for a bye?

That's one thing that stuck out to me. ND NEVER gets a bye? I'm not complaining, but I'm surprised they're not complaining more. 

20 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

They're not complaining because the committee will cave and it will become the 4 highest ranked champions or Notre Dame by the time it's implemented.

You don't think 2020 perhaps softened UND's stance on joining a conference in any way?

6 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

If you're the AAC you invite Boise and BYU tomorrow.

Do you? The AAC is already positioned to get that 6th auto the majority of the time. Does Boise add enough to the financial pie for everyone to come out ahead? Because BYU is almost assuredly not joining, even if Boise did, because they've got a massive inferiority complex about being in a conference as financially lucrative and prestigious as Utah (and they well may be making more right now than they would in the AAC). 

Anyways, there were articles circulating just a couple days ago that the AAC's pursuit of Boise ended. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Do you? The AAC is already positioned to get that 6th auto the majority of the time. Does Boise add enough to the financial pie for everyone to come out ahead? Because BYU is almost assuredly not joining, even if Boise did, because they've got a massive inferiority complex about being in a conference as financially lucrative and prestigious as Utah (and they well may be making more right now than they would in the AAC). 

Anyways, there were articles circulating just a couple days ago that the AAC's pursuit of Boise ended. 

I think you put your best effort into Boise. They're going to a bid every 10 years at worst as top G5, imo. I doubt they hurt your numbers any worse than Temple or Tulane. BYU fans seem to be wanting the AAC with this announcement if the Big 12 doesn't come calling.

23 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Still the best system:

- 6 team playoff. The power 5 conf champs & the highest ranked non-power 5 team.

- 2 highest ranked teams get a bye, 3 plays 6 & 4 plays 5 on campus

I'd make it 8 with the three highest non-p5 champs getting bids. So the top two or three teams would not get byes but would have what would be expected to be a weaker opponents from G-5. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/8/2021 at 3:47 PM, Machinator said:

Oh for fucks sake, so add more human element to this thing. It would just be a means to include half the fucking SEC. Why is college football still the only fucking team sport that treats competition like gymnastics or diving? Win games, don't rely on beauty contests. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Oh for fucks sake, so add more human element to this thing. It would just be a means to include half the fucking SEC. Why is college football still the only fucking team sport that treats competition like gymnastics or diving? Win games, don't rely on beauty contests. 

If they go with "six highest ranked conference champs" then they're giving an auto-bid without directly saying that they're giving an auto-bid.  That said, I guess this opens the door slightly for the possibility of the MWC and AAC champ getting in ahead of the PAC champ occasionally.  

I'm bored, maybe getting this wrong but fuck it....

Byes - 1 Bama 2 Oregon 3 Florida St 4 Ohio State

Baylor vs Georgia Tech
TCU vs Kansas State
Miss St vs Arizona
Mich St vs Ole Miss

Byes - 1 Clemson 2 Bama 3 Michigan St 4 Oklahoma

Iowa vs Ole Miss

Stanford vs TCU
Ohio State vs North Carolina
Notre Dame vs Florida State

Byes - 1 Bama 2 Clemson 3 Ohio State 4 Washington

Penn State vs Oklahoma State

Michigan vs Florida State

Oklaoma vs Colorado

Wisconsin vs USC

Byes - 1 Clemson 2 Oklahoma 3 Georgia 4 Ohio State

Bama vs UCF

Wisconsin vs Washington

Auburn vs Miami

USC vs Penn State

Byes - 1 Bama 2 Clemson 3 Oklahoma  4 Ohio State

Notre Dame vs Penn State

Georgia vs LSU

Michigan vs Florida

UCF vs Washington

Byes - 1 LSU 2 Ohio State 3 Clemson 4 Oklahoma

Georgia vs  Auburn

Oregon vs Utah

Baylor vs Penn State - Rape  Enablers vs Pedophiles

Wisconsin vs Florida

Byes - 1 Bama 2 Clemson 3 Ohio State 4 Oklahoma

Notre Dame vs Coastal Carolina

Texas A&M vs Indiana

Florida vs Iowa State

Cincinnatti vs Georgia

On 6/8/2021 at 10:16 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

It will expand to 16 teams in less than a decade. 

Well, at least the NFL fans will have gotten their wish. They wanted to turn college football into a bastardized version of the NFL system all along. They see a five-loss Giants team winning the Super Bowl and think it's "unfair" that a five-loss team can't do the same thing in college football.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Agreed, and more fan participation.   Not many fan bases are going to go fill quarters, semis and championship.   Most will likely wait for semi/champ.   However, why not keep even more money in the school's homes instead of sending it to bowls.   My guess is because its how ESPN planned to boost its bowl revenue and dangled a carrot in front of the consultants helping.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

If this happens we need to ditch the conference championship game.  No reason to stick another L on your second best team.

With 10 teams and everyone playing each other there is no need for it now.  It made sense, I guess, when the Big 12 was 12 teams and two divisions.  Now it doesn't.