Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You and the rest of the sunshine pumpers can choose to find your glimmers of hope and sell them to each other. Me? I’ll care less and less and wait patiently and hope the next guy doesn’t suck as bad as the last 3.5 guys. 

Your need to create categories "sunshine pumpers" is what drives your "analysis", not reason. Further evidenced by not being able to address basic questions about your assertions, instead flying into entirely new ones. We got our asses spanked by Arkansas and failed to hold off the late-game surges of two undefeated teams. Outcoached? Definitely, but this "Sark is a proven failure now" horeshit is melodrama.

Odds are always on the side of predicting failure when the only condition of success is undefeated national championship seasons.

Also, you don't actually believe you're going to wait patiently or dispassionately. That violates the gimmick.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Other than Worthy and Xavier their skill guys are better as well. Lincoln can recruit

Bijan and maybe X are the only two guys who would start for OU. Collins and Jo. Thompson would probably get PT.

Edited by Atticus

41 minutes ago, ABSR said:

So it is only due to Sark doing such a great coaching job that Texas has been in position for two epic and embarrassing collapses?

With Sark at least Texas had a chance to win.  With this woeful talent Mensa would have trailed the entire time in both games.  We’re not as good as OU and OSU right now.  It’s just a fact. The fact that we led in either of those games is a testament to Sark giving the team a head start but the players shit the bed both games.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The line was perfectly fine at the end of last season, and we returned every one of those players who were starting. 
Starting OL in the bowl game: Karic-Angilou-Majors-Tyler Fucking Johnson-Jones.
Colorado was shit last year. aggy likes to talk about Georgia not wanting to be there in the Sugar Bowl, but there was a serious lack of effort by the buffs as the game wore on, they truly looked like they couldnt be bothered. Thats part of the reason I wasnt really surprised when Sark chose Card to start the season in spite of Caseys performance in the Alamo Bowl..

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
5 hours ago, Red Five said:
The line was perfectly fine at the end of last season, and we returned every one of those players who were starting. 
Starting OL in the bowl game: Karic-Angilou-Majors-Tyler Fucking Johnson-Jones.

Colorado was shit last year. aggy likes to talk about Georgia not wanting to be there in the Sugar Bowl, but there was a serious lack of effort by the buffs as the game wore on, they truly looked like they couldnt be bothered. Thats part of the reason I wasnt really surprised when Sark chose Card to start the season in spite of Caseys performance in the Alamo Bowl..

Colorado was missing three of their best defensive players (Landman, Lang, Sami). Oh, and it was 17-10 before Thompson replaced Ehlinger at halftime.

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Their offensive line whooped our defensive line for half of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter. Their defensive line whooped our offensive line for a large portion of the game. The game is won or lost in the trenches. We  got destroyed the last 2 games in the trenches in the second half the last 2 weeks. All three losses can be contributed to losing the battle in the trenches. Does anyone sense a theme here? Where did Herman struggle in recruiting every year? Both sides of the line, on the line. I don't really feel like going through the recruiting on the lines over the last few years but just by memory, we never really got who we wanted/needed.

Adjusting/coaching matters….hugely.   I’ve got a 9/16” socket, some wrenches, a screwdriver, a rubber hammer and some WD-40.  Let’s fix this dammit….we can do it!

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Your need to create categories "sunshine pumpers" is what drives your "analysis", not reason. Further evidenced by not being able to address basic questions about your assertions, instead flying into entirely new ones. We got our asses spanked by Arkansas and failed to hold off the late-game surges of two undefeated teams. Outcoached? Definitely, but this "Sark is a proven failure now" horeshit is melodrama.

Odds are always on the side of predicting failure when the only condition of success is undefeated national championship seasons.

Also, you don't actually believe you're going to wait patiently or dispassionately. That violates the gimmick.

I don’t know what you think you’re accomplishing with nonsense about national championships in relation to anything I’ve typed as an expectation. This isn’t the Cloak Room, where your weak rhetorical tactics apparently win the day with a bunch of other also-ran rubes that post there. 

An overall winning percentage at high quality programs of somewhere around 55-60% is a loser of a coach. We’re talking about a guy that, in his last head coaching role, was fired in the middle of a game week. He was fired on a failing Atlanta Falcons team as the OC. He’s had success running the offense at a fucking dynasty the likes of which CFB has never seen, and not because of Seven Win Steve or any other assistant. He’s proven nothing as a head coach for anyone here to feel justified in predicting anything but continued mediocrity from him and the program. 

I’m not interested in going into some deep “analysis” with anyone here right now, but especially not with know-nothing hacks about the sport like you. I’ve seen this movie before, I’ve seen all of these pathetic reaches of posts before, and it’s tedious and boring. The rationalizing of what we’ve witnessed as anything other than terrible coaching accompanying wanting depth is a waste of effort.

When Texas is playing WVU or perhaps even KSU with bowl eligibility on the line, we can all take heart that a contingency of posters here believe that we’re just so close and all of these teams are our equals or better when it comes talent. Just a few top 5 classes with this new regime and we’re there. Right.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t know what you think you’re accomplishing with nonsense about national championships in relation to anything I’ve typed as an expectation.

What was a reasonable expectation of a first-year coach taking over for Herman coming into a Top-10-difficulty schedule?

I'll leave everything else in the vain hope you'll actually answer a question.

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

If you truly believe all that, you might as well disappear for the next 3.5 years because that is what you're looking at if what you believe turns out to be true.

I’ve got UT sports and the Astros for my entertainment interests, and that’s been the case since birth. I can’t turn it off now. I’ll do what we all do and find ways to cope and hope for daylight where I can find it. It’s never bothered me that when that daylight surprises us, a bunch of clowns on the board climb over themselves to declare us “back” and tell me and a few others how wrong we were. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My favorite part of the whole Sark sucks or Sark can’t make adjustments is the Manning’s have repeatedly said Sark is an offensive genius.  I’m guessing that family doesn’t throw that term around loosely.  In general I’ve never cared for the Manning’s one way or the other but I’ll probably take their assessment of Sark over a bunch of pissed off fans.  Even in a loss Sarks offense, given any type of talent, should go off but when multiple oline can’t block one fucking defender that is not on Sark.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve got UT sports and the Astros for my entertainment interests, and that’s been the case since birth. I can’t turn it off now. I’ll do what we all do and find ways to cope and hope for daylight where I can find it. It’s never bothered me that when that daylight surprises us, a bunch of clowns on the board climb over themselves to declare us “back” and tell me and a few others how wrong we were. 

right GIF

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You may be 100% correct it’s just too early to say what is what just yet.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What was a reasonable expectation of a first-year coach taking over for Herman coming into a Top-10-difficulty schedule?

I'll leave everything else in the vain hope you'll actually answer a question.

groverat—

I’ve already answered that question, on this thread, in the last 24 hours. I also argued it repeatedly on the off-season thread on the football board heading into the season. I don’t need to accommodate you on top of that in order to compensate for lack of reading comprehension and posting sloth. 

Sarkisian and PK absolutely choking the Arkansas game and the last two games doesn’t disqualify the logic I applied at the time or now. A team that cannot hold a 21 point lead, or an 18 point lead in the 3rd quarter, choked. Positioning any of that otherwise is equivocating and should be done in private with your mother or some other person who loves you for who you are, no matter how idiotic your takes. The same is true for showing up completely hapless against a blood rival, and for allowing a large comeback at home to the tune of losing the second half 19-7 and gaining 15 yards on the last 6 combined drives of the game against a slightly above average opponent. 

Arkansas this year winds up 7-6/8-5. 

OU has been lampooned all year for not being a strong undefeated team. If they show up in the playoffs, they’ll get completely embarrassed. 

Oklahoma State is a decent team in a mediocre conference. They will do their annual bed wetting at Bedlam and lose 2-4 more along the way to an inflated 10-3 season or an on par 8-5 kind of year. They were gifted the BSU game on a terrible bad whistle late and then Texas gave up its asshole to them for a public second half buttfucking for the entire CFB world to point out and gawk over. 

These are not amazing teams. Texas should be at least 1-2 against those 3 juggernauts. The rest of the schedule is also mehness and not some group of worldbeaters that will outtalent UT on the field. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, stork642 said:

My favorite part of the whole Sark sucks or Sark can’t make adjustments is the Manning’s have repeatedly said Sark is an offensive genius.  I’m guessing that family doesn’t throw that term around loosely.  In general I’ve never cared for the Manning’s one way or the other but I’ll probably take their assessment of Sark over a bunch of pissed off fans.  Even in a loss Sarks offense, given any type of talent, should go off but when multiple oline can’t block one fucking defender that is not on Sark.  

Where have they been quoted calling him an actual *genius*? That actual term applies to a tiny percentage of the population and there isn’t a person coaching college football that would legitimately qualify. 

Regardless, the Arkansas offensive gameplan was as bad as OU 2004 and Notre Dame 2014. It was terrible and an imbecile could have conceived it. 

Look, this dude is fallible. Like, in proven and bad historical ways. Just for a second think about the notion that he may not handle adversity incredibly well and that might impact his playcalling and coaching skills when a game starts to go on tilt against him. The Mannings can love him anyway and I hope they do. Doesn’t mean they’re breaking down film or religiously watching if they’ve even actually called him that. 

5 minutes ago, stork642 said:

You may be 100% correct it’s just too early to say what is what just yet.  

It’s not too early for me. I’ve said it. Y’all can throw it in my face when Seven Win Steve is hoisting a trophy after a bowl game in which Texas has a double digit win season. 

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Fair enough, however I reserve my judgement on Sark and this football team. I just don't think in today's college football environment with transfer portals, NIL and bag dropping apparently taking place that we can write off a coach and program 7 games into a tenure. The NIL if ever figured out will create even more have nots in this realm and Texas should never be in that category with their resources available. I gave Herman 3 years before I concluded he wasn't the answer, I have to give Sark more than 7 games.

No one ever accused Mack Brown of being a genius football coach, hell his moniker was coach February. Sark clearly has a good offensive mind, if he can figure the recruiting out, we should turn out pretty good. I for one will give him a chance. There honestly isn't any alternative anyway. What go take some pills and take a long nap? Fuck that. Plus, it least to this point, Sark is likable and makes sense in press conferences. Herman was a complete ass and Strong was fucking clueless.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

These are not amazing teams. Texas should be at least 1-2 against those 3 juggernauts. The rest of the schedule is also mehness and not some group of worldbeaters that will outtalent UT on the field. 

So these thousands and thousands of words of hostile doomsaying are all because we're 1 game off what you would consider a reasonable expectation?

lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Fair enough, however I reserve my judgement on Sark and this football team. I just don't think in today's college football environment with transfer portals, NIL and bag dropping apparently taking place that we can write off a coach and program 7 games into a tenure. The NIL if ever figured out will create even more have nots in this realm and Texas should never be in that category with their resources available. I gave Herman 3 years before I concluded he wasn't the answer, I have to give Sark more than 7 games.

No one ever accused Mack Brown of being a genius football coach, hell his moniker was coach February. Sark clearly has a good offensive mind, if he can figure the recruiting out, we should turn out pretty good. I for one will give him a chance. There honestly isn't any alternative anyway. What go take some pills and take a long nap? Fuck that. Plus, it least to this point, Sark is likable and makes sense in press conferences. Herman was a complete ass and Strong was fucking clueless.

I’m in no way cheering against the guy. It’s just more despondence and feeling like the next 3.5 seasons are a predictable inevitability.  

There’s a big difference than being hopeful for the future and equivocating for the past. Anyone taking the seasons so far fully into context and concluding that getting outcoached isn’t happening on the reg and a pretty big fucking concern is watching games in a different dimension than I am. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

So these thousands and thousands of words of hostile doomsaying are all because we're 1 game off what you would consider a reasonable expectation?

lol

Yeah, that’s exactly what I was saying and what you were attempting to debunk. But you should take that post and go show your buddies in the Cloak Room for a round of applause. They all love a hollow one-sentence gotcha that red herrings a larger discussion not going your way. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I’m in no way cheering against the guy. It’s just more despondence and feeling like the next 3.5 seasons are a predictable inevitability.  

There’s a big difference than being hopeful for the future and equivocating for the past. Anyone taking the seasons so far fully into context and concluding that getting outcoached isn’t happening on the reg and a pretty big fucking concern is watching games in a different dimension than I am. 

I agree he is getting outcoached but I think half of that is he is having to run an offense with one hand behind is back. I mean we can damn near only run the ball in one direction. Half of this board could likely scheme a defense to stop our offense. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: It's always Sarkest before the dawn

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Again, you need to have a lot less faith in your predictive capabilities. That's not even an insult, it's just an observation that we're a bunch of jackasses who don't actually have prescience and some of us are way more emotional than others.

If you allowed yourself the ability to doubt your own assumptions you wouldn't feel so despondent and, as a result, you wouldn't feel the need to be so fucking furious.

• Hook 'Em 2

Still haven’t seen any arm chair analysts saying scheme was the only issue offer some alternatives that this team could actually execute effectively. And before anybody says “Well, that’s Sarks job to figure out not mine”….exactly, so how are you qualified to say it was scheme and not player execution? The truth is it was both and we won’t know which is more the problem until we have better players and either improve or continue to suck dick.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

groverat—

I’ve already answered that question, on this thread, in the last 24 hours. I also argued it repeatedly on the off-season thread on the football board heading into the season. I don’t need to accommodate you on top of that in order to compensate for lack of reading comprehension and posting sloth. 

Sarkisian and PK absolutely choking the Arkansas game and the last two games doesn’t disqualify the logic I applied at the time or now. A team that cannot hold a 21 point lead, or an 18 point lead in the 3rd quarter, choked. Positioning any of that otherwise is equivocating and should be done in private with your mother or some other person who loves you for who you are, no matter how idiotic your takes. The same is true for showing up completely hapless against a blood rival, and for allowing a large comeback at home to the tune of losing the second half 19-7 and gaining 15 yards on the last 6 combined drives of the game against a slightly above average opponent. 

Arkansas this year winds up 7-6/8-5. 

OU has been lampooned all year for not being a strong undefeated team. If they show up in the playoffs, they’ll get completely embarrassed. 

Oklahoma State is a decent team in a mediocre conference. They will do their annual bed wetting at Bedlam and lose 2-4 more along the way to an inflated 10-3 season or an on par 8-5 kind of year. They were gifted the BSU game on a terrible bad whistle late and then Texas gave up its asshole to them for a public second half buttfucking for the entire CFB world to point out and gawk over. 

We actually slapped Riley so hard he was forced to put the better QB at the helm of his offense. Caleb Williams is a stud, and blOwU will probably hang 50 on everybody they play from here on out. Including the playoff unless they get Georgia then it’ll be like 40. I know for a fact you posted that this staff was probably the best we’ve had since Royal was on the sidelines. Don’t let your little bitch voice take you into dark places after 7 games. Wandering the desert for 12 years takes more than 7 games to fix bud. If we are in this same spot in 2023 then I’ll leave surly lol. 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Not a good data point for Arch, honestly

Not sure I'd jump to that conclusion. More likely a data point on Maalik. Can't assume Arch is in until he commits regardless of confidence level and you need a 22 that can play soon either way bc Card likely leaves.

Also, sounds like this was in the works before yesterday's game.

Edited by Tex-19

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Taking a second QB this year isn’t a bad data point for Arch, but it does say something about changes in the QB room coming this off-season.

Also, for those curious about Brown:

https://247sports.com/player/devin-brown-46084902/

Edited by IDIOTsavant
No idea what happened with that autocorrection
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Again, you need to have a lot less faith in your predictive capabilities. That's not even an insult, it's just an observation that we're a bunch of jackasses who don't actually have prescience and some of us are way more emotional than others.

If you allowed yourself the ability to doubt your own assumptions you wouldn't feel so despondent and, as a result, you wouldn't feel the need to be so fucking furious.

I’m not furious and that emotion doesn’t even tie to despair. No shit humans are terrible predictors of the future. Given your posting proclivities, it’s ironic to see you type as much though. 

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

We actually slapped Riley so hard he was forced to put the better QB at the helm of his offense. Caleb Williams is a stud, and blOwU will probably hang 50 on everybody they play from here on out. Including the playoff unless they get Georgia then it’ll be like 40. I know for a fact you posted that this staff was probably the best we’ve had since Royal was on the sidelines. Don’t let your little bitch voice take you into dark places after 7 games. Wandering the desert for 12 years takes more than 7 games to fix bud. If we are in this same spot in 2023 then I’ll leave surly lol. 

Before the season, I thought this staff looked as good as any we’ve seen in a long time. If you’re willing to sit here and tell the board that witnessing this defense hasn’t altered your outlook on Kwiatkowski’s capabilities, then, wow. What we’ve seen should have dented some expectations in Sarkisian as well. 

Rattler was a stud QB that was leading OU to the promise land. So was Murray and Mafield and Hurts. Now it’s a freshman. It ain’t happening in 2021, dude. The OU QB is dead. Long live the OU QB. Rinse and repeat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I was told differently after the first source referenced it being something to look for after this weekend. They’ve been on Brown for awhile and think he’s a solid take. It’s becoming clear that there is either not a lot of confidence in keeping Card or what Murphy will bring to the table or both. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

This is where I’m at.  I am hopeful about the staff.  Not anyone in particular. 

I think we will know if Sark is going to be successful based off of the OL.  If he can get it turned around in two years, I think we will be alright. 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m not furious and that emotion doesn’t even tie to despair. No shit humans are terrible predictors of the future. Given your posting proclivities, it’s ironic to see you type as much though. 

The first three words + the last sentence of this quote are a hilarious combo. All I've said to you is that you need to calm down because your negative emotions are feeding off of a self-delusion you can drop and you're out here trying to swing haymakers at me.

Calm down. Get a hold of yourself.

Before the season, I thought this staff looked as good as any we’ve seen in a long time. If you’re willing to sit here and tell the board that witnessing this defense hasn’t altered your outlook on Kwiatkowski’s capabilities, then, wow. What we’ve seen should have dented some expectations in Sarkisian as well. 

What was my outlook on Coach K? Who are you even talking to?

Rattler was a stud QB that was leading OU to the promise land. So was Murray and Mafield and Hurts. Now it’s a freshman. It ain’t happening in 2021, dude. The OU QB is dead. Long live the OU QB. Rinse and repeat. 

Are you OK?

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, sportsbay said:

He can't wait for guys to develop.  He needs to hit the portal now with some bags asap.  He doesn't have time for Max Merril to be in his 7th year and all grown up.  He better get an OL next year or he gone.  Jaydon Blue isn't Bijan.  The window for Sark is narrow and it just dropped lower with the last 2 choke jobs.  He needs 5 OL and he needs to process the guys who can't cut it.  Time is ticking.  

Yeah, I agree.  By two years I was implying he needs to work the portal. 

1 minute ago, sportsbay said:

He can't wait for guys to develop.  He needs to hit the portal now with some bags asap.  He doesn't have time for Max Merril to be in his 7th year and all grown up.  He better get an OL next year or he gone.  Jaydon Blue isn't Bijan.  The window for Sark is narrow and it just dropped lower with the last 2 choke jobs.  He needs 5 OL and he needs to process the guys who can't cut it.  Time is ticking.  

I see you.

There is physical talent on the OL. There are higher ceilings to be reached with the existing players. Get 2 hungry guys from the portal who can push up the expectations of the line and some of the existing guys will rise to the challenge. That's what good program management can do.

But it's definitely true that neither recruiting 2022 OL studs nor just sitting pat with our current OL room will change our fate for the next 2 seasons. We need some new blood.

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The first three words + the last sentence of this quote are a hilarious combo. All I've said to you is that you need to calm down because your negative emotions are feeding off of a self-delusion you can drop and you're out here trying to swing haymakers at me.

Calm down. Get a hold of yourself.

What was my outlook on Coach K? Who are you even talking to?

Are you OK?

I was responding to other posters, stumblefuck. Is today your first day on the Internet? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Just to clarify, blOwU will lose the first round of the playoff after scoring 40-50 haha. I didn’t mean they would win it all because of their new QB. I simply was referencing that an athletic stud qb in Riley’s system is almost impossible to stop. Bama and Georgia have been punched in the mouth by those offenses repeatedly and given up plenty of points with much better players than we have. As far as PK goes…did you watch the bama v aggy game? Before that game if I told you bama would lose Malachi Moore on the first drive and then let calzada look like a bonafide fucking stud in that anemic ass offense…you would have laughed and probably negged me. 21/31 285 yards and 3 TD’s in a jimbo offense against the second best team in the country. Point is, PK has no stud, he has no leader, he has no animal to smack somebody or a player-maker to get a turnover. He has jags, and if they aren’t jags then they are lazy or stupid. Collins-lazy, overshown-stupid, Jamison/Thompson-really fucking stupid. What’s he suppose to do? 

4 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

Y’all are arguing about how much talent we recruit, when it doesn’t matter because we don’t develop and grow any talent we get anyways, and haven’t for years. And OL is all about development.

We get OL like Tyler Johnson, who everyone wanted coming out of high school and then we never hear from him again, can’t even make the depth chart. Jean Delance got shit on when he was here, but he left and became a solid starter for Florida. 

At other positions, highly ranked recruits like Sterns, Foster, and Coburn have literally gotten worse the longer they’ve been in the program.

We have recruited very well at DL over the past few cycles and they were supposed to be one of our strengths this year. Yet we rarely get to the QB. 

What is talent, really? Someone with all the physical tools or someone who shows up on game day? Some are saying we only have few players who would start for OU or OSU. Why is that? Is that because they lack the physical talent or they just don't play like they have the talent? We have recruited well enough to win these games. The fact that our elite players take plays off from time to time has to do with coaching, development, conditioning, etc. That's not going to be fixed by recruiting more talent.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Taking a second QB this year isn’t a bad data point for Arch, but it does say something about changes in the QB room coming this off-season.

Also, for those curious about Brown:

https://247sports.com/player/devin-brown-46084902/

Yeah this would seem to say more about Card/Thompson/Murphy than Manning. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting