Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Not the problem against ousux? Did u not watch the O go limp in the 2nd half of that game too? 

When you score 48 points in regulation, you're not the problem regardless of when those points happen. Sure, they could've put the game away in the 2nd half. But they don't deserve the blame for the loss.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

When you score 48 points in regulation, you're not the problem regardless of when those points happen. Sure, they could've put the game away in the 2nd half. But they don't deserve the blame for the loss.

The total blame no but dark has shown twice he chokes and his offense can't adjust is my point. That's a totallydifferent game with out consecutive 3 and outs. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

If the offense sustains a drive or two in that game, we win. In this game, we didn't get a FIRST DOWN after Bijan's long TD run with 11:38 left in the 3rd. Think about that. I'm sure we had a similar kind of ineptitude last week.

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

IMHO, the offensive line can be blamed for the last two losses due to the fact in the second half of both games they couldn't run block much less pass block.

Sarks inability to adjust is the blame for 2 loses. He knows his defense is at best below mediocre he knows his oline is trash yet he does not try to coach around his faults. 

Edited by Coach pop a bitch
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Saris inability to adjust is the blame for 2 loses. He knows his defense is at best below mediocre he knows his oline is trash yet he does not try to coach around his faults. 

I'm not sure what the adjustment is for an OL that can't consistently run block or pass block.

• Hook 'Em 3

Here's what I'm talking about regarding first year coaches. This is the pitch/excuse, and tbh there's some legitimacy to it. First year records below:

Saban: LSU, 7-4. Bama, 6-6

Kirby: 7-5

Dabo: 8-4 (was previously on staff too). 6-6 in year 2.

Jimbo (Aggy): 8-4 

Fickell: 4-8

Franklin: 6-6

I don't know how those coaches lost those games, but I'm sure there was some ugliness. This is a pretty universal issue, not just some one-off cherry-picking (although I generally excluded coaches who were promoted from coordinator because there's so much staff/scheme continuity in that situation. Not a fair comparison). If we finish 8-4 or even 7-5, it honestly shouldn't be such a disastrous result. Especially being 95th in the country in returning production this year. If we're the same next year, it starts to get more worrisome.

5 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

It's been 2 horrific bad 2nd halfs in a row. The lack of adjustments us gonna be a negative pitch tons of teams are gonna use. 

Agreed, the way we lost both is bad. Depth may be part of the issue on D bc they are definitely getting gassed. But yeah, Sark is gonna have to answer some questions on offensive adjustments. I assume this hasn't been an issue all of his career? Would be interesting to see some stats on 1st half vs 2nd half (although they'll be distorted by all the garbage time with backups playing at Bama)

Look, I'm not saying this result isn't a big deal. It's gonna hurt recruiting. But when you take a step back, it doesn't mean the program is totally fucked quite yet. Just gotta hope enough recruits understand the context above, and that we make improvements next year.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Saris inability to adjust is the blame for 2 loses. He knows his defense is at best below mediocre he knows his oline is trash yet he does not try to coach around his faults. 

coaching around a bad OL and bad defense? wtf does this even mean? We made attempts to hit the edge with WRs with sweeps and had two RBs lead blocking and the play still went nowhere. Our TEs are barely serviceable blockers. Our center is inconsistent. Our QB is making poor decisions even when not under pressure. What magical coaching should he be doing?

These guys can't consistently execute what he wants to do.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

A question I had earlier was does pk play his corners way back because of his weak safeties? If so is Allen good enough to start and why would elite corners like brooks and harris wanna come play for a system like This? 

The safeties aren't nearly bad enough to give 7 yard cushions every goddamn play. They ate our lunch on screen plays and short out routes while smothering those exact plays when we tried to run them 

Edited by TankedBevo

this loss (just like the OU loss) wasn't on players. It wasn’t on the OL or Casey. it wasn’t on a lack of talent. It wasn’t on holes in the roster that recruiting will magically fix. That was a fucking horrible half of coaching.

For the 2nd week in a row. 

Sarkisian and PK have both been absolutely worked over in back to back weeks. Becton’s ass should be held over the coals as well because this team hits the wall and can’t do a fucking thing. 

• Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Here's the scary thing: our next two games are at Baylor and at ISU. The last three games should be wins but the next two could continue this slide

I got roasted earlier today when I suggested the ou loss could be the first of four. Watch out for your bunghole, dude…

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Atticus said:

coaching around a bad OL and bad defense? wtf does this even mean? We made attempts to hit the edge with WRs with sweeps and had two RBs lead blocking and the play still went nowhere. Our TEs are barely serviceable blockers. Our center is inconsistent. Our QB is making poor decisions even when not under pressure. What magical coaching should he be doing?

These guys can't consistently execute what he wants to do.

Other than that, TEXAS is still pretty mediocre right ??  😋

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

this loss (just like the OU loss) wasn't on players. It wasn’t on the OL or Casey. it wasn’t on a lack of talent. It wasn’t on holes in the roster that recruiting will magically fix. That was a fucking horrible half of coaching.

Sarkisian and PK have both been absolutely worked over in back to back weeks. Becton’s ass should be held over the coals as well because this team hits the wall and can’t do a fucking thing. 

Bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Wrong. There was a shit ton of execution errors on top of coaching mistakes 

18 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Disagree.

The best play calls fall to shit with bad execution. In Sark's offense, there is a read progression. Casey makes the wrong read is that on Sark? We ran 8 plays in the 4th quarter and 6 of them runs with Bijan. If we make the right read to put the ball in space an X fails to get a first, is that coaching? Players gotta do their jobs, that's it. When players are reliable, coaches can make a difference.

Edited by Atticus

16 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Disagree.

The best play calls fall to shit with bad execution. In Sark's offense, there is a read progression. Casey makes the wrong read is that on Sark? We ran 8 plays in the 4th quarter and 6 of them runs with Bijan. If we make the right read to put the ball in space an X fails to get a first, is that coaching? Players gotta do their jobs, that's it. When players are reliable, coaches can make a difference.

The playcalling on that last four-and-out was crap. Especially on 3rd and 2, we telegraphed the run so blatantly the OSU linebacker came charging in and blew it up long before Brewer could get over to block him. The most important offensive series of the game and it was a total clusterfuck.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Justin Wells: Pair of recruiting notes for your health

Recruits don’t view games in the scope that fans often do. They’re more measured, believe it or not. ‘23 Desoto WR Johntay Cook is hanging around Austin tonight with ‘23 Isidore Newman QB Arch Manning. I’m told they’re having a blast.

I’m told ‘22 Frisco Liberty WR Evan Stewart had a great time, and is likely hanging with Xavier Worthy tonight. We’ll have more reaction later, but re-read that opening paragraph. It’s beneficial to mental health.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

Wrong. There was a shit ton of execution errors on top of coaching mistakes 

If I've learned anything on Surly it is that golfclap will always blame the coaches, deservedly so or not. Today wasn't just the coaches or just the players, it was a total team effort.

• Hook 'Em 3

As has been said so many times recruiting is about relationships not about win/loss records. There are many factors that go into it but bottom line if a player believes in a coach and believes they can be put in be a position to succeed they will commit to that coach.

Whatever.

We suck.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"Seven win Steve" would hold true if this happens.

I think there's a good chance of it. Baylor seems pretty good this year and their RB is averaging like 8 ypc. Bad matchup.

Tbh though, I don't really think 7 win Steve nickname is fair. At UW he won 5 games, 7, 7, 7 and 8 (excluding bowl game which they won without him). His only year at USC he won 9. So yeah he had three 7-win seasons on the way to taking a winless program to 9 wins (isn't that pretty good?), but then had 9 wins in his only year at a power program.

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

I think there's a good chance of it. Baylor seems pretty good this year and their RB is averaging like 8 ypc. Bad matchup.

Tbh though, I don't really think 7 win Steve nickname is fair. At UW he won 5 games, 7, 7, 7 and 8 (excluding bowl game which they won without him). His only year at USC he won 9. So yeah he had three 7-win seasons on the way to taking a winless program to 9 wins (isn't that pretty good?), but then had 9 wins in his only year at a power program.

he sucks he's terrible. didn't even with a natty at Washington. What a scrub. Garbage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

Saban: LSU, 7-4. Bama, 6-6

Kirby: 7-5

Dabo: 8-4 (was previously on staff too). 6-6 in year 2.

Jimbo (Aggy): 8-4 

Fickell: 4-8

Franklin: 6-6

Those coaches also had a signature win over a ranked opponent in their very first year that gave them a big shot in the arm with recruiting.

- Saban destroyed No. 20 Tennessee 41-17. The Vols would finish the year #12. Same story in 2000 with LSU.

- Kirby beat No. 8 Auburn 13-7. The Tigers finished the year #22.

- Dabo beat No. 10 Miami 41-37 in OT. The Hurricanes finished the year #19.

- A&M beat No. 8 LSU in the 7 OT game.

Franklin's team was gutted by sanctions to a far worse degree than ours and finished with the No. 14-ranked class in 2015, headlined by one Saquon Barkley. Fickell was at Cincy which is a non-P5 program in a very different situation from us - they can't expect to recruit the type of players we have available and they don't play opponents of the same calibre.

So far we're 0-3 against ranked opponents and it doesn't look like we have the coaching or the players to get over that hump and beat Baylor on Halloween in Waco. Maybe we do, and if we do it'll be a huge boost. Until then it's not much of a comparison.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting