Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

6 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Going back and watching some of Kerry's sr year Hudl, I am not fully sold. I am not sure if he was taught never to use the tops of your shoulder pads to tackle or what, but he seems like he plays hesitant. You never really see him streak in to make a play. 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Going back and watching some of Kerry's sr year Hudl, I am not fully sold. I am not sure if he was taught never to use the tops of your shoulder pads to tackle or what, but he seems like he plays hesitant. You never really see him streak in to make a play. 

As opposed to our guys now who streak in uncontrollably and whiff miss never wrap or aren’t in the area lol. If he plays controlled and wraps up he’s already better than 10 of the 11

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

You mean like our linebackers who aren’t patient and dart in taking themselves out of a play instead of being patient and reading the plays ?

20 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

CDC kicking ass, what recruit wouldn’t want to be a part of this?

I look forward to congratulating CDC when he gets football figured out. Hes a beast at non rev sports and basketball and baseball look on track. He really sucked at the NIL but seems to have been brought to the light (or was told to, which is the probably scenario). NIL gets figured out and football gets figured out IMO

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You mean like our linebackers who aren’t patient and dart in taking themselves out of a play instead of being patient and reading the plays ?

I mean he stands 5 yards off the line of scrimmage and lets the runner come to him. I am not saying he definitively sucks because he does seem like a pretty sure tackler, but he just doesn't jump off the film to me. Plus here is his offer list. 

2133042902_ScreenShot2021-10-15at2_24_45PM.thumb.png.dc4089f971254d2ce7a7a143d0ab5f32.png

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I mean he stands 5 yards off the line of scrimmage and lets the runner come to him. I am not saying he definitively sucks because he does seem like a pretty sure tackler, but he just doesn't jump off the film to me. Plus here is his offer list. 

2133042902_ScreenShot2021-10-15at2_24_45PM.thumb.png.dc4089f971254d2ce7a7a143d0ab5f32.png

Boston College and Colorado do good evals. Kerry might be more of a OLB/DE.

Our dysfunctional-ass program probably tried to give him a floppy disk full of dogecoin.
I'd flip for that if they throw in a bag of cool ranch Doritos.

I still have my first Dell desktop pc in storage, it was running Windows 2k just fine when I unplugged for the last time it about 18 years ago. Oh, and it has a floppy drive.

17 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Im willing to bet this has a lot to do with a certain QB prospect wanting weapons just as much as it is Stewart being a special prospect.

Have you noticed the change in tone and demeanor in the last few weeks? All of a sudden, you no longer see all the posts of people bitching about "We're losing all the recruits" , "We need to step up our bag game" , "They're all going to Georgia/A&M/Oregon", etc.

Now we are hearing "Banks might flip to Texas", "Texas has a shot at Bear", "Evan Stewart is coming to Texas", "Brenen dropped A&M like a sheep turd and committed to Texas overnight". 

Do y'all think it's all a coincidence? Do you think we just started landing recruits and having momentum because we need to make sure we get the weapons for Arch?

41 minutes ago, ousux said:

I'd flip for that if they throw in a bag of cool ranch Doritos.

I still have my first Dell desktop pc in storage, it was running Windows 2k just fine when I unplugged for the last time it about 18 years ago. Oh, and it has a floppy drive.

Everything that old tends to have a floppy drive.

• Haha 2

Ears to the street on Evan (big confidence!):

I never switched my pick because I thought Texas held a lot of the natural advantages. I haven’t heard anything is imminent but like I reported early in the week, there is some big confidence right now. I would t say commit watch at the moment but I think Texas tries to close this weekend.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

I never switched my pick because I thought Texas held a lot of the natural advantages. I haven’t heard anything is imminent but like I reported early in the week, there is some big confidence right now. I would t say commit watch at the moment but I think Texas tries to close this weekend.

GIF by Showtime

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Have you noticed the change in tone and demeanor in the last few weeks? All of a sudden, you no longer see all the posts of people bitching about "We're losing all the recruits" , "We need to step up our bag game" , "They're all going to Georgia/A&M/Oregon", etc.

Now we are hearing "Banks might flip to Texas", "Texas has a shot at Bear", "Evan Stewart is coming to Texas", "Brenen dropped A&M like a sheep turd and committed to Texas overnight". 

Do y'all think it's all a coincidence? Do you think we just started landing recruits and having momentum because we need to make sure we get the weapons for Arch?

I'm sorry I can't tell if this is a sarcastic post or not. I'm not being rude at all either, I can't tell the tone. I do legitimately think that there was a discussion among people who would need to know and it went something like "Hey, Arch wants to play here, we need big talent around him though, fix that up and we're in."

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Oh maybe he can ruin this for Texas too

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm sorry I can't tell if this is a sarcastic post or not. I'm not being rude at all either, I can't tell the tone. I do legitimately think that there was a discussion among people who would need to know and it went something like "Hey, Arch wants to play here, we need big talent around him though, fix that up and we're in."

I would guess it's some of both. I bet the plan was always to implement an SEC-style recruiting program. It just took some time to get set up. Seems like it's finally being turned on.

I also wouldn't be surprised if it's being more heavily focused on certain prospects like Evan (ie WRs and OLs) at the moment to attract Arch. 

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Oh maybe he can ruin this for Texas too

Haha I don't think this post is definitive enough to ruin anything. His Banks post pissed me off but this one doesn't - he even says nothing imminent. Also, this was in response to a 247 thread someone started regarding that UF guy's futurecast.

Edited by Tex-19

3 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Not sarcastic at all. The tone has shifted mightily recently, especially around players like Banks, Bear, Brenen, Stewart. And those four seemed to be the kind of guys that we were leading for, until all of a sudden at the end of the summer there were some out-of-nowhere miraculous changes of heart, and they were all of a sudden looking at Oregon, A&M, Georgia, etc. Now, all four seem to simultaneously be back on the table as possible UT commits.

As for your second part - Yes, of course Arch wants weapons. But it's silly to think that we weren't really trying our hardest to get top level talent before, but now that Arch says he wants weapons around him, we are now going to try harder and be better at recruiting to get those weapons. The opposite might be true - Arch tells people he's committing to Texas and other recruits want to join him - but it doesn't seem likely that the Manning clan is going to spill his destination until it's 100% rock solid.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

I haven't watched any of those teams this year, but I'd be pretty stunned if all don't have a better current LB room than we do. So until further notice, I'll assume Kerry can play. Not saying he's Dick Butkus or anything, but a solidly athletic prospect. 

I want someone to explain to me how we’re “suddenly looking good” for Thompson and Stewart but not Banks and Dewberry. I’m not counting a BS update from Roach as real news regarding Banks. Maybe we’re going to be “looking good” for these California dudes instead this weekend? Or are the people that help us “look good” actually imbeciles?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting