Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

If any recruit is seriously considering flipping or skipping his grandma’s birthday party to visit, I don’t think it matters what some reporter says. It’s an excuse we lean on rather than just accepting the truth, like a wife blaming the mistress instead of her cheating ass husband.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

If any recruit is seriously considering flipping or skipping his grandma’s birthday party to visit, I don’t think it matters what some reporter says. It’s an excuse we lean on rather than just accepting the truth, like a wife blaming the mistress instead of the fact that she doesn't put out any more.

FIFY

• Haha 3

1.) It's far, far more likely that a flip of Banks was never imminent in the first place. Going with the narrative that it was, if not for Roach, is aggy level fanfic. Remember, IT was telling everyone this kid was going to Texas whole the whole world said otherwise. Anything Gerry Hamilton or anyone else from that outfit says on Banks should be taken as Surly-level speculation, if not an outright indication that the opposite is true.

2.) Whether he's entertaining the idea or not, what do you expect Banks to tweet? I woudn't read too much into that either.

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Gerry has been to Atascocita like 10 times in the last 8 months and texts with the dude's family on the reg. Your "1.)" is a classic case of stumbling into a correct outcome without having a fucking clue of how you got there and then calling yourself a genius.

Oregon gave the guy a thumb drive loaded with bitcoin, you fucking imbecile. Two days before he "committed". No one around him is happy about it. But yes, Gerry's work on this one, or any of the other ones he's on while on the road 300 days a year, is "Surly-level speculation". 

Just shut the fuck up if you can't discern the difference between someone actually getting bought and the rug being pulled on the entire process versus someone like Gerry magically losing any insights as it pertains to the job he's been competently doing for the last 22+ years. 

You post a lot on this board and the football board, typically in the form of telling all of the rest of us about how you had it straight the whole way and the rest of us should try harder. Given your 9,000 posts, you should have a better understanding of the nature of the recruiting process.

Schitts Creek Pain GIF by CBC

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

it's interesting that institutions of higher learning are willingly becoming semi-pro sports leagues. at what point do athletes just stop going to classes, i mean like officially cause most probably don't now.

I think this is more about whether standardized testing is inherently unfair to minority groups.  A lot of schools have stopped requiring standardized test scores for their non-athlete students, so it makes sense for the NCAA to do something similar.

12 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

it's interesting that institutions of higher learning are willingly becoming semi-pro sports leagues. at what point do athletes just stop going to classes, i mean like officially cause most probably don't now.

Several high profile schools already stopped requiring standardized test scores. This move has nothing to do with athletics. 

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

If any recruit is seriously considering flipping or skipping his grandma’s birthday party to visit, I don’t think it matters what some reporter says. It’s an excuse we lean on rather than just accepting the truth, like a wife blaming the mistress instead of her cheating ass husband.

i've never understood that line of thinking either.  "oh, i was gonna change my mind and spend the next 3-5 years of my life at a different place, but because some spare ass reporter reported it before i could, now i'm not going to."  that makes no logical sense.

the bonito thing was different as chip brown was actively shitting on the program he was going to commit to.  with "quotes" from players and their parents iirc.  but the guy x was gonna flip before reporter y reported it and now he's not going to line of thinking doesn't really make much sense to me.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting