Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Those coaches also had a signature win over a ranked opponent in their very first year that gave them a big shot in the arm with recruiting.

- Saban destroyed No. 20 Tennessee 41-17. The Vols would finish the year #12. Same story in 2000 with LSU.

- Kirby beat No. 8 Auburn 13-7. The Tigers finished the year #22.

- Dabo beat No. 10 Miami 41-37 in OT. The Hurricanes finished the year #19.

- A&M beat No. 8 LSU in the 7 OT game.

Franklin's team was gutted by sanctions to a far worse degree than ours and finished with the No. 14-ranked class in 2015, headlined by one Saquon Barkley. Fickell was at Cincy which is a non-P5 program in a very different situation from us - they can't expect to recruit the type of players we have available and they don't play opponents of the same calibre.

So far we're 0-3 against ranked opponents and it doesn't look like we have the coaching or the players to get over that hump and beat Baylor on Halloween in Waco. Maybe we do, and if we do it'll be a huge boost. Until then it's not much of a comparison.

Wrong…Louisiana was ranked and hasn’t lost since. There’s a fair chance they end the season ranked just like these other “signature “ wins.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Those coaches also had a signature win over a ranked opponent in their very first year that gave them a big shot in the arm with recruiting.

- Saban destroyed No. 20 Tennessee 41-17. The Vols would finish the year #12. Same story in 2000 with LSU.

- Kirby beat No. 8 Auburn 13-7. The Tigers finished the year #22.

- Dabo beat No. 10 Miami 41-37 in OT. The Hurricanes finished the year #19.

- A&M beat No. 8 LSU in the 7 OT game.

Franklin's team was gutted by sanctions to a far worse degree than ours and finished with the No. 14-ranked class in 2015, headlined by one Saquon Barkley. Fickell was at Cincy which is a non-P5 program in a very different situation from us - they can't expect to recruit the type of players we have available and they don't play opponents of the same calibre.

So far we're 0-3 against ranked opponents and it doesn't look like we have the coaching or the players to get over that hump and beat Baylor on Halloween in Waco. Maybe we do, and if we do it'll be a huge boost. Until then it's not much of a comparison.

confused episode 16 GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

We need to start dropping bags. I know we won't but, if we were all in on winning, this would be a good time to start. We desperately need an influx of top talent yet "the win and they'll come" approach went out the window today. That leaves us one other option, otherwise this cycle of ineptitude will continue beyond this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

We need to start dropping bags. I know we won't but, if we were all in on winning, this would be a good time to start. We desperately need an influx of top talent yet "the win and they'll come" approach went out the window today. That leaves us one other option, otherwise this cycle of ineptitude will continue beyond this year. 

According to some posters on here who claim to be in the know, we already are.

4 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

According to some posters on here who claim to be in the know, we already are.

According to someone who attended the alumni lunch prior to the OU game, CDC was basically openly asking the alumni to help pay players through NIL. Acknowledging it’s open season and Texas would be a full participant  

perhaps someone here can verify that was actually there, as this was 2nd hand info. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

According to someone who attended the alumni lunch prior to the OU game, CDC was basically openly asking the alumni to help pay players through NIL. Acknowledging it’s open season and Texas would be a full participant  

perhaps someone here can verify that was actually there, as this was 2nd hand info. 

No idea, that could be true and should be true but that doesn't solve the immediate problem we have had in recruiting where we were unwilling to play the game. That apparently has been resolved. It doesn't seem NIL has yet slowed down the SEC style bag game. It probably will at some point though.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Seven Win Steve Rides Again

I’ve seen this play out every year.  Recruits are looking for a reason to come here and we put shit performances like the one today where they realize their potential will be more likely developed elsewhere.  Don’t get your hopes up.  I’m expecting offers to the likes of Max Merril to go out after this season once we whiff.  This staff is one of the highest paid and osu just our coached us at home.  Until we buy recruits, I expect us to be in the same tier as Baylor, TCU, osu.  Hell those teams have accomplished more in the last decade than we have.  I’ve become apathetic to this program and I regret fucking traveling down to Austin, paying for tickets, and witnessing the same bullshit I see every year.  It’s one thing to meltdown against a “top” team like ou…. It’s another to do it to Oklahoma state at home.   Just completely disappointed.

• Hook 'Em 3

Better use of time?

Sark and Milwee traveling to New Orleans this week to see Manning and then shitting the bed on Saturday.

or not visiting Thursday and putting together a plan for more than just one half of offense.

If the defense lost the game maybe wouldn’t be to bad but squarely on the offense this game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I’ve become apathetic to this program and I regret fucking traveling down to Austin, paying for tickets, and witnessing the same bullshit I see every year.  It’s one thing to meltdown against a “top” team like ou…. It’s another to do it to Oklahoma state at home.   Just completely disappointed.

I hear ya'.  I had an opportunity to go today but had other obligations, although I probably could have gotten out of them but decided not.  I'm at the point I am every year about this time:  done scheduling things and try to work around where I can watch the game.  Got tons of other things to do and stuff with the kids instead of watching the game and getting disappointed and mad.  I'll take a peak and watch if it's on and nothings going on, but I ain't making it a priority.  Hope you make it OK the rest of the year.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

Better use of time?

Sark and Milwee traveling to New Orleans this week to see Manning and then shitting the bed on Saturday.

or not visiting Thursday and putting together a plan for more than just one half of offense.

If the defense lost the game maybe wouldn’t be to bad but squarely on the offense this game.

I said the same at the time. I'll allow an exception for Arch bc he's such a big one but in general these coaches clearly need to spend more time coaching/prepping.

In all seriousness, we should be doubling down on OL recruits for this class, even if it means foregoing using our "infrastructure" for other positions. Offer Banks and Devon twice as much as the next school. Not exaggerating. Maybe use a little for 5 stars like Evan Stewart but this shit needs to be highly concentrated on locking down OLs. 

I still think we win the last two games with just an average OL, even with nothing else changed. It's priority #1, 2, and 3 in my book. Hopefully those in charge agree.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, turtlepond said:

So which, if any, of the recruits at the game today are still interested in committing?   Not being snarky, and leaving my own level of pessimism to myself— honestly asking

No clue but Florida fell to 4-3 vs a shit LSU team, so they shouldn't have really gained ground for Evan Stewart who was getting a lot of hype this week. They have UGA next too.

I'd guess we're kinda out of it with the OVs who were fairly long shots to begin with. Same with Skinner. But who knows.

Arch is the million dollar question. Hopefully he enjoys his time on campus enough to overcome the game and make it a positive weekend for us overall. Which is possible imo. 

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

No clue but Florida fell to 4-3 vs a shit LSU team, so they shouldn't have really gained ground for Evan Stewart who was getting a lot of hype this week. They have UGA next too.

I'd guess we're kinda out of it with the OVs who were fairly long shots to begin with. Same with Skinner. But who knows.

Arch is the million dollar question. Hopefully he enjoys his time on campus enough to overcome the game and make it a positive weekend for us overall. Which is possible imo. 

And if Zach Evans was not a pussy, TCU would be leading OU now.  Everybody is middle of the road this year.  

Edited by lemonandaturd

23 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Damn, I am a hardcore Texas fan, but calling a recovering alcoholic Drunken Steve seems a little much.  Fuck this shit.  Texas football will survive and Steve will have success at Texas.  

I mean. If he can’t control basic vices, do you really think the can coach to win at texas? I mean is he 4-3.  So Barely? 

• Fuck You 20

1 minute ago, Xian said:

I mean. If he can’t control basic vices, do you really think the can coach to win at texas? I mean is he 4-3.  So Barely? 

What makes you think he can't control his vices?   Until Sark gets toted out of a hotel lobby in Indy like Rumlin, I am still a fan.   Sark has done nothing at Texas for you to conclude that he can't control his vices.  Florida and LSU are also 4-3.  SEC SEC SEC  I guess.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, lemonandaturd said:

What makes you think he can't control his vices?   Until Sark gets toted out of a hotel lobby in Indy like Rumlin, I am still a fan.   Sark has done nothing at Texas for you to conclude that he can't control his vices.  Florida and LSU are also 4-3.  SEC SEC SEC  I guess.  

Florida and LSU suck and aren’t our standard.  Fuck the sec 

• Fuck You 8

Just now, Xian said:

One yard.  Entire fourth quarter. Is that fine? 

I think if you can't run block or pass block you're going to have a hard time scheming anything. I do believe Sark has schemed stuff up for the offense. It's why we do well in the first half. Same for coming out of halftime with a TD drive. The problem is that we have Bijan, Worthy, and then not much else. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting