2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bluto said:

Haven’t looked at stats but surely DM is a better shooter

Better 3 p shooter yes. But they have a similar swagger and verticality and way that they handle the ball and dish to teammates. 

Not saying spida is at that level yet - but he reminds me of prime Wade a lot. 

Just now, Machinator said:

That 7-game series took its toll on the Clippers.

Maybe they are having a difficult time adjusting to having to cover more than one guy on defense?

This Jazz team is a bitch to play. On offense, every one of their perimeters guys can hit a three at a high rate. They spread you out and let Gobert rim run. It's so difficult to help and they hunt weak defenders. On defense. they are aggressive as shit and funnel everything into Gobert. It's not an accident that they had the best record in the league this year. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Maybe they are having a difficult time adjusting to having to cover more than one guy on defense?

This Jazz team is a bitch to play. On offense, every one of their perimeters guys can hit a three at a high rate. They spread you out and let Gobert rim run. It's so difficult to help and they hunt weak defenders. On defense. they are aggressive as shit and funnel everything into Gobert. It's not an accident that they had the best record in the league this year. 

poll every NBA writer on their top 25 players in the league, and i seriously doubt that more than one of Gobert/Mitchell makes the composite top 20, and whichever one did crack the top 20 would be near the back end. i was a big proponent for Snyder to win COTY because of this fact. they are the ultimate "team". their best player is either a borderline all star or a guy known as a defense-only player. Snyder has done an unbelievable job with this team.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Jazz in 5.

Gobert DPOY

I have them in 6. This was a tough opener and Utah's arena was rocking. Kawhi will outplay Mitchell more often than not but aside from those 2 UTA has the much better team. 

7 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

"Do it on D and it will happen on O." ~ Snyder to Jazz players tonight.

He's right.

Snyder is the best coach remaining in the playoffs. And I don't think it's close. Maybe Malone and Nash as runners up so far.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

Every team has different coaching needs. Snyder has done a great job at Utah keeping Mitchell excited about the team. The supporting cast likes hitting threes and playing D. Their arena is loud. I saw Lebron at Utah and the crowd is almost like a hockey crowd in the playoffs. Brutal.

As you know, Snyder and Malone are both apostles of Popovich. Snyder is more the guru and Malone knows how to find and cultivate talent. That's nice to have in smaller markets, where more thinking is required for on-the-court success.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, washparkhorn said:

Every team has different coaching needs.

Couldn't disagree more. There are never more than 5 coaches in the NBA at a time that consistently make a difference in the playoffs. And those top 5 guys tend to not subscribe to the same style. You're either a great coach or you aren't and it sure as sure as shit doesn't depend on the roster you're given. 

Malone and Snyder are the only guys remaining that fit that criteria. I think Nash has some good stuff but he has D'Antonio behind him and he has the best player in the world on his team so it's difficult to evaluate objectively.

McMillan has never been great and is certainly below Doc Rivers.

Kevin Durant knows more about how to win in the playoffs than Mike Budenholzer and it will reflect.

Quinn Snyder runs circles around Ty fucking Lue.

Mike Malone is a better coach than Monty Williams BUT Chris Paul knows more about basketball than Mike Malone. 

12 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Why does a guy like Capella not have a couple of low post or mid range offensive moves? What does he do during the off-season?

A jump shot, spin move to go back at Embiid would make the game better.

Teams aren't going to feed him the post so what is the use?    He is perfect for what ATL wants to do.   Go rebound and when Trae is coming to the basket always be ready for the lob.   I hate that is what being a big in today's NBA is but it is what it is at this point.