2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

How many postseasons has Kyrie exited without an injury?

1?

I think he stayed healthy through both 2016 and 2017. 

Yeah - he dropped 40 in game 4 of the 2017 Finals. And in 2015 he got to the Finals before he got hurt. 

He also played all 9 games in 2019 for the Celtics but that team wasn't going anywhere. 

Edited by ztejas

19 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Seems like he got a lot of ball for that to be an ejection? I wasn’t watching live so maybe the context was different. And lol at Booker’s hold me back tough guy act.

Joker legit looked ready to go. He was walking toward booker the whole time.

It was clearly a frustration wack. Denver couldn’t get within a possession before PHX rattled off 4-8 straight of their own.

Reggie Miller was going all “you could break his nose” even tho the fatty part of Jokers arm caught his nose. It was pretty dumb of joker to wind up like that in a play he had no chance of stripping the ball.

Payne might have sold a little bit . They said it’s been 3 years since Jokers had a flagrant foul so he’s not a dirty player out to hurt others. I’d have just kept it a flagrant 1 and keep the MVP in the game

59 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Seemed like a Flag 1 to me… the nose contact was clearly incidental, and it’s a pretty soft call against the MVP for an elimination game.

The windup made it look much more threatening than it actually was… I don’t think he was looking to hurt anyone.

Absolutely. As much as I love the NBA, there’s definitely been a change since the 80s and 90s. 

17 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It was clearly a frustration wack.

... I’d have just kept it a flagrant 1 and keep the MVP in the game

18 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Seemed like a Flag 1 to me… the nose contact was clearly incidental, and it’s a pretty soft call against the MVP for an elimination game.

The windup made it look much more threatening than it actually was… I don’t think he was looking to hurt anyone.

6cd1c08ff09e44a6b63652834ae08cf9.jpg

"Now imagine he's Lebron."

16 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Let's see what KD has. It's all on him now. 

Honestly it's more on their role players. KD can shoot a little bit better but that's about it. He busted his ass for 40 minutes last game and they lost by 15. They're just so outmatched outside of KD vs. Giannis.

But I wouldn't totally count them out at home. KD has had some pretty legendary playoff games superteam or not. 

PJ Tucker left Texas in 2006; that was 15 years ago. KD left Texas one year later. Now here i am, in 2022, watching PTI, and listening to Kornheiser and Wilbon speaking on the NBA playoffs, talking about what a great job PJ Tucker is doing defending Kevin Durant in their second round matchup. that is so fucking cool and badass. when I was growing up Travis Mays had a cup of coffee with Sacramento/Atlanta and i was over the moon that one of our guys had an NBA career. now we have a ton of guys in the league, several of whom are household names, NBA champions, and even an MVP. it's absolutely amazing how far our program has come. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

PJ Tucker left Texas in 2006; that was 15 years ago. KD left Texas one year later. Now here i am, in 2022, watching PTI, and listening to Kornheiser and Wilbon speaking on the NBA playoffs, talking about what a great job PJ Tucker is doing defending Kevin Durant in their second round matchup. that is so fucking cool and badass. when I was growing up Travis Mays had a cup of coffee with Sacramento/Atlanta and i was over the moon that one of our guys had an NBA career. now we have a ton of guys in the league, several of whom are household names, NBA champions, and even an MVP. it's absolutely amazing how far our program has come. 

It is cool. And Aldridge was almost in this playoffs matchup too. How awesome would that have been? 

Even though I think PJ got away with murder in game 4 it doesn't diminish what an outstanding career he's had. He must be close to or over $100M in salary for his career. Just a pro's pro that you can tell has worked his ass off ever since he first picked up a basketball and has never let his game become irrelevant. Imagine telling someone in 2005 that PJ someday would be a knockdown shooter from the corner 3 in the NBA. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 2

It is cool. And Aldridge was almost in this playoffs matchup too. How awesome would that have been? 
Even though I think PJ got away with murder in game 4 it doesn't diminish what an outstanding career he's had. He must be close to or over $100M in salary for his career. Just a pro's pro that you can tell has worked his ass off ever since he first picked up a basketball and has never let his game become irrelevant. Imagine telling someone in 2005 that PJ someday would be a knockdown shooter from the corner 3 in the NBA. 

Sportrac has him at $50m. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/milwaukee-bucks/pj-tucker-11059/cash-earnings/

Nothing wrong with that, though.

36 minutes ago, ztejas said:

i remember when he was playing in Israel and a damn bomb went off inside the arena. his journey needs to be made into a 30 for 30, or at least an E: 60 or something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

When Dwight came into the league he painted himself as someone who read the Bible cover to cover every night. Wanted to change the NBA logo into Jesus or something. Then a couple years later he started impregnating strippers and cheerleaders.

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

When Dwight came into the league he painted himself as someone who read the Bible cover to cover every night. Wanted to change the NBA logo into Jesus or something. Then a couple years later he started impregnating strippers.

As long as they're of age, I dgaf. 

• Hook 'Em 1