2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shootaround is not the issue for Harden. Can he run up and down the floor in a playoff game? This is still lingering. This sounds like the Nets are feeling the pressure now and they are going to bring him back earlier than they would otherwise. Same thing GSW did with KD in 2019 in the Finals. Tells me they don't have a lot of faith in KD doing this on his own. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

He hurt their feefees by not wanting to play for the Spurs. 

You're not wrong, although our resentment stems more from the malingering and lying than simply not wanting to stay in San Antonio.

At least Harden and Davis transparently quit their teams and demanded out; they didn't manufacture some bullshit and run with it for months.

9 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

You're not wrong, although our resentment stems more from the malingering and lying than simply not wanting to stay in San Antonio.

At least Harden and Davis transparently quit their teams and demanded out; they didn't manufacture some bullshit and run with it for months.

I mean he was hurt and didn’t like how he was treated by the team medical staff. He still limps around every year in the playoffs and has clearly lost a bit of lateral quickness as a result. 
Wishing for injuries is bullshit

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I mean he was hurt and didn’t like how he was treated by the team medical staff. He still limps around every year in the playoffs and has clearly lost a bit of lateral quickness as a result. 
Wishing for injuries is bullshit

You seem very gullible. But you're certainly entitled to believe what you want to believe.

48 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The shootaround is not the issue for Harden. Can he run up and down the floor in a playoff game? This is still lingering. This sounds like the Nets are feeling the pressure now and they are going to bring him back earlier than they would otherwise. Same thing GSW did with KD in 2019 in the Finals. Tells me they don't have a lot of faith in KD doing this on his own. 

Maybe, but I'm not sure I'd feel all that confident with LeBron James in his prime with this roster for Game 5 either.  It's not useless, but it's not exactly a roster built to do super well missing Irving/Harden, and the Bucks are a good team.

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

You seem very gullible. But you're certainly entitled to believe what you want to believe.

He literally still has problems with it. And even if he doesn’t who really cares. Players leave teams in every sport for any variety of reasons. Wishing injuries on players is pussy shit

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He literally still has problems with it. And even if he doesn’t who really cares. Players leave teams in every sport for any variety of reasons. Wishing injuries on players is pussy shit

So is moving the goalpost in an Internet "debate."

I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiment, by the way, but my initial response to you addressed why Spurs fans dislike Kawhi. It had nothing to do with wishing injury on a player.

Last night, I quipped that I'm almost rooting for Zaza to come out of retirement, but that was obviously sarcasm (obvious to most, but maybe not to you). By his own admission, @ztejas pumps out a lot of bullshit, so I've no idea if he's being sincere. And @Kermit, well, we don't call him the Angry Amphibian for nothing.

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

So is moving the goalpost in an Internet "debate."

I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiment, by the way, but my initial response to you addressed why Spurs fans dislike Kawhi. It had nothing to do with wishing injury on a player.

Last night, I quipped that I'm almost rooting for Zaza to come out of retirement, but that was obviously sarcasm (obvious to most, but maybe not to you). By his own admission, @ztejas pumps out a lot of bullshit, so I've no idea if he's being sincere. And @Kermit, well, we don't call him the Angry Amphibian for nothing.

Ok and my entire reason for entering the Kawhi discussion is that people wished injury on him. What goalposts did I move?

Edited by hobbes2702

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Definitely been a few instances I've hated an athlete so much I've wished injuries or ill will upon them. Not proud of it.

I'm not a big Kawhi fan but it's not like he plays football for OU. 

Funnily enough - when Kawhi was with the Raptors the Toronto fans literally cheered when Durant tore his Achilles. I can't imagine ever doing that. 

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Seems like Harden is going to give it the old college try. 

Hopefully it's not another AD scenario.

That’s my fear. But if it is I guess you’d say so what. They weren’t winning this series without him and he’s got all offseason to rest it so, what difference does it make, at the end of the day, if he re-injures it?  Worth a shot. Unless you think 48 hours would get it totally right and he’d be at full health, but I can’t image that’s going to be the case. 

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Unless you think 48 hours would get it totally right and he’d be at full health, but I can’t image that’s going to be the case

I think with hamstring issues it doesn't really matter. 

Line has moved from -3 to -1 MIL in less than 24 hours. Nuts.

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Harden just can't play right now. He is a huge negative out there right now. 

As I mentioned earlier, Nets are desperate. There is no way someone just miraculously heals from a hamstring. At some point, you have to get someone in there that can move. He is giving them nothing. They look terrible so far.

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

It's basically Durant and Green vs the bucks. No one else on the nets even looks competent right now. 

Blake has been good. 

Harris continues to embarass himself. Shamet and Brown have been useless.