2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know... Injuries are a part of every playoffs but I can't remember a year with this many. I guess it's the condensed covid season right on top of last season? Not that what just happened to kyrie has anything to do with that but man... We are getting deprived of some great hoops. And if the fucking Clippers back door their way to a ring because they are the only team left standing with their two stars healthy I'm going to be pissed. 

12 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

You know... Injuries are a part of every playoffs but I can't remember a year with this many. I guess it's the condensed covid season right on top of last season? Not that what just happened to kyrie has anything to do with that but man... We are getting deprived of some great hoops. And if the fucking Clippers back door their way to a ring because they are the only team left standing with their two stars healthy I'm going to be pissed. 

Brooklyn was a crazy 3 away from being down 9 going into the 4th and Durant right now is playing with a roster that would struggle to win 10 games without him. 

Really hope Harden can come back. MIL does not deserve this series. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Brooklyn was a crazy 3 away from being down 9 going into the 4th and Durant right now is playing with a roster that would struggle to win 10 games without him. 

Come on Bryn Forbes! 

Nash really has no idea what he's doing sometimes. KD is going to keep this within 10-12 the entire game but they have zero shot at winning. Towel should have been thrown in with 8 mins left but now KD is going to wind up playing like 45 minutes for no fucking reason. Maybe don't burn out your last remaining star player?

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

It's funny, because usually it's my heart that's biased towards KD. But right now I think my heart is nervous for him and my head is telling me what I've seen all year which is that no one is beating him Harden or not. 

I'd like BKN better today if they had Jeff Green.

I didn’t see the game bc I’m at the hospital with my dad, and he might be dying, but I can’t possibly let that stop me from saying “told you so” on the internet. 
I’m just kidding about the last part (I am at the hospital doing possible death vigil with my dad) but I have no idea how this series will go. 
I say we were both wrong in our game 1 reaction and as usual the truth is somewhere in the middle. This series is a coin flip right now. I think it was a 5 game walkover with Harden. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Do not trust Harden to do anything in the playoffs but disappoint.

That game reminded me why I gave up on the NBA in the early 00's. Refs completely dictated the outcome. Not saying they did it to intentionally favor one team, but they did not call the game by the rules established. The fact that they were consistent in their negligence until the game was out of reach and then reverted to calling some of the hand checking, grabbing, and just outright mauling (though not all of it) makes it even worse.

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I didn’t see the game bc I’m at the hospital with my dad, and he might be dying, but I can’t possibly let that stop me from saying “told you so” on the internet. 
I’m just kidding about the last part (I am at the hospital doing possible death vigil with my dad) but I have no idea how this series will go. 
I say we were both wrong in our game 1 reaction and as usual the truth is somewhere in the middle. This series is a coin flip right now. I think it was a 5 game walkover with Harden. 

I don't think they lose tonight with Kyrie on the floor. In fact, I don't think this series goes 6 with Kyrie. Sorry to hear about your dad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Do not trust Harden to do anything in the playoffs but disappoint.

You hate to see it.

38 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Nets shot like shit 2 straight games from distance.

Yes well they've kind of run out of distributors and shooters. And Durant has always been streaky. 

I know I said this team is now looking like the 2018 Cavs but I'm not sure that supporting cast was this bad. This shit is grim. Brooklyn had guys on the floor tonight that have no business getting minutes in the playoffs on any team. 

19 minutes ago, Kermit said:

You hate to see it.

I'm not weeping for Harden necessarily but Durant has now either been injured or had his best teammate injured in 5 of the past 9 seasons. This year he now has his best and 2nd best teammates both sidelined. 

Which, even as shitty as the East was for some of those years, makes it insane that LeBron made the Finals 9 straight seasons or whatever he did. It also makes the Lakers 3 peat extremely impressive and makes what MJ did basically impossible to quantify. 

Different era I suppose.

Like Mitch said - if Kawhi backdoors his way into another title I swear to fucking God... 

Edited by ztejas

Disagree. They're not world beaters but Joe Harris is usually a plus guy on the court, Green is a plus guy. Blake thinks he's 2013 Blake and that the refs are going to treat him like 2013 Blake. He's wrong on both counts and that makes him a net negative. His defense is trash. Shamet and Claxton are perfectly serviceable reserves. Joe Harris going in the tank for two games is really significant. If they can't get him some easy catch and shoot 3s, which they can't if KDs defender is allowed to grab and hold him and Kyrie can't go, then the offensive inefficiency will be dire.

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Didn’t even know kyrie was out. What’s wrong with him? 

Ah okay. This explains your comment better 😂

Giannis broke his ankle in the 2nd quarter. (That may or may not be a bitter way of putting it - whatever - I just had to listen to Mark Jackson suck his dick for 2.5 hours while he preened around the court in the middle of a series being handed to him).