2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot take alert: I don't know how you can win high level playoff series in today's NBA when your best player can be effectively guarded with the ball behind the arc by Blake Griffin with two feet in the paint. That's Boston Rondo disrespect.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

This is looking like a 1 vs 8 playoff series.

Poster who said that Harden was a luxury and that the Nets should have kept Allen was right.

KD is putting so much belief in these random role guys like Brown and Mike James that have no playoff experience. Sweeping the ball a lot and encouraging them to make a play. They aren't playing well by accident. 

And I think Nash has played better rotations tonight so far.

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

These Nets are reminding me of that one Lakers team (or was it the Bulls?) that lost one game during the entire playoffs.

Just winning a single game against these guys will be an accomplishment.  

Good luck Philly/ATL.

2001 Lakers. Who also weren't a top 10 defensive team and also had a lot of injuries during the regular season. 

Hot take alert: I don't know how you can win high level playoff series in today's NBA when your best player can be effectively guarded with the ball behind the arc by Blake Griffin with two feet in the paint. That's Boston Rondo disrespect.
Seems like the Bucks would have an advantage in the paint but they won't take it. Giannis and Lopez should get at least one touch in the paint every possession.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Nets are 50% from 3 (13-26) and KD is 4-6.  When KD shoots from distance well, his teams are usually impossible to beat.  When all the other guys are shooting the 3 well (9-20), the Nets are a machine.  Bucks need for the Nets to go cold or for the law of averages to kick in.  May not be enough tonight, but if the Nets shoot over 40% (they won't) from 3 from the series, then this will be a short one.

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That last move by Durant was absolutely fucking absurd 

That move at the end of the quarter may well be this generation's "Jordan switching hands mid-air" move.

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
Had to clarify which wizardry I was referring to.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Obviously every athlete responds to injuries differently, but we may need to rethink the conventional wisdom that an Achilles tear is automatically a career-killer.

Ehhh KD is a little different. The shooting skills and length is just nothing like we’ve ever seen in the league 

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

aggie knows kd is better than curry.

Haha right? Not sure why he directed that comment at me. I've literally never said otherwise. And obviously the most effortless scorer in NBA history (maybe, probably, almost certainly?) doesn't need anyone's gravity to put up 40.

Just now, aggie08 said:

Haha right? Not sure why he directed that comment at me. I've literally never said otherwise. And obviously the most effortless scorer in NBA history (maybe, probably, almost certainly?) doesn't need anyone's gravity to put up 40.

I thought you were a big Curry guy.

This was another great comment 

This is gonna be talked about but might as well get ahead of it. KD’s Nets traded all their depth for one guy, had that guy injured, have 10mil sitting on the bench with DAJ, and he’s taking the team that just swept the reigning ECF champs to the woodshed with ease