Euro 2020/2021

shnsajax

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

where's the best place to watch England/Germany in Dallas tomorrow?  Trinity Hall is great, but it may be a mad house.  same with the Londoner.  i'm eyeing the Dubliner, though not sure of the tv setup.

Somewhere with a lot of ex-pats.  I don't know of such place in Austin, otherwise I'd go.  Plenty of Irish folks here, but don't know where the English hang out.  Would like to piss on their parade while Germany skullfucks their team.

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Somewhere with a lot of ex-pats.  I don't know of such place in Austin, otherwise I'd go.  Plenty of Irish folks here, but don't know where the English hang out.  Would like to piss on their parade while Germany skullfucks their team.

It would be more fun to watch with perpetually awkward Germans than angry drunk English looking to smash a bottle over your head. 

• Haha 1

I look Mexican but my name screams, "We didn't get enough of you at Dunkirk"...they'd be looking to smash a bottle over my head anyway.  Fuck 'em.  One annoying fuckwad after another, those English are.  

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I look Mexican but my name screams, "We didn't get enough of you at Dunkirk"...they'd be looking to smash a bottle over my head anyway.  Fuck 'em.  One annoying fuckwad after another, those English are.  

Yes we're well aware of your disdain for the allied forces of WW2. You're good at reminding us of it on every single page of this thread. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

Hey to be fair, I fucking hate Italians.  

Also, it's fucking comical to consider France an allied force of WWII.  

If we aren't counting France as an allied force I'm not sure Italy makes the cut as part of the axis. 

But my God you know how to derail a thread in a strange yet not quite offensive manner. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I'm keeping it football related. Fuck England.  Fuck the French.  Fuck Belgium.  Fuck Italy.  To be fair, France was the only nation to lose WWII twice.  I guess Finland as well.  

Whoever wins Denmark/Czech is a win-win for all of us.  Go Spain, Go Germany.  Not that complicated dude.  

I will admit, I don't know who to pull for in Sweden/Ukraine.  Both match up well to Deutschland.   

holy fuck...work shit intervened on me this afternoon.  i did NOT expect to walk out of that meeting to see my bleus get sent home by the fucking swiss!  And with Mbappe missing the key pk?

my mind is blown.  can't wait to see the replay of this one.

10 minutes ago, sidis said:

holy fuck...work shit intervened on me this afternoon.  i did NOT expect to walk out of that meeting to see my bleus get sent home by the fucking swiss!  And with Mbappe missing the key pk?

It was a great match….especially for those cheering on a French retreat 

12 minutes ago, sidis said:

i did NOT expect to walk out of that meeting to see my bleus get sent home by the fucking swiss!  And with Mbappe missing the key pk?

This reminded me to go check on the thread between a French friend & a Swiss friend with a photo from their last meeting in a major tournament. 

The photo did not age well. 

F4ECEF3E-EBDA-4EBC-B03B-3F8EC44B9707.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Haven't been down there for a game yet, but The Pub opened this year in the former Fado space. My dad and his soccer friends, many ex-pats, have been going there for Euros.

37 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

it ALL becomes clear …

😆

…except that for a beard, the French guy married one of the handful of hot El Salvadoran women (who also worked at a cosmetic surgeon’s office in exchange for a beautiful set of enhancements) while the Swiss guy is hiding his true ways by following his Greek girlfriend from Dublin (Ireland, not Texas) to Athens (Greece, not Texas). So rather than a Brokeback Euro 2020, they are having to spend it apart, on opposite sides of the earth with… 

Spoiler

85AFBD32-9D91-4B70-B363-8782889D7CDD.jpeg

0CE7F33C-12EF-4A57-9ED3-F0387F18D21C.jpeg

…and…

Spoiler

B511FEFD-25FA-4B16-B4E2-76D68AF9E9E0.jpeg

D87AC7FA-61F9-41B3-82D3-560C7A11F4CE.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

😆

…except that for a beard, the French guy married one of the handful of hot El Salvadoran women (who also worked at a cosmetic surgeon’s office in exchange for a beautiful set of enhancements) while the Swiss guy is hiding his true ways by following his Greek girlfriend from Dublin (Ireland, not Texas) to Athens (Greece, not Texas). So rather than a Brokeback Euro 2020, they are having to spend it apart, on opposite sides of the earth with… 

Reveal hidden contents

85AFBD32-9D91-4B70-B363-8782889D7CDD.jpeg

0CE7F33C-12EF-4A57-9ED3-F0387F18D21C.jpeg

…and…

Reveal hidden contents

B511FEFD-25FA-4B16-B4E2-76D68AF9E9E0.jpeg

D87AC7FA-61F9-41B3-82D3-560C7A11F4CE.jpeg

Both smoking. But sorry for your loss, your friend with the second woman because …

tenor.gif?itemid=8542332

Edited by Captain Ron

the french produce dog ugly women

there are always a few exceptions, like the 10s from san francisco city and manhattan are true 10s

but the average texas 7 is nowhere to be found in france

90% dog, 5% meh, 5% surlyworthy

on to the groundhog match of the day....

Sea Lion Part 7

but first....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57646653

Two games, 14 goals, one giant killing: The best day in Euros history?

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Both smoking. But sorry for your loss, your friend with the second woman because …

tenor.gif?itemid=8542332

I‘ve never met the Greek girl. (Crazy Eyes) She wasn’t part of the Buenos Aires expat world and she didn’t come to the blowout wedding in El Salvador between the Salvadoran and the French* guy.

Know the Salvadoran girl pretty well, since before the boobs. 

Expat life is highly recommended for a chunk of years. 👍

*French guy was born in Boston (Massachusetts, not Texas), but grew up with his mom in France somewhere. French guy’s dad lived in Austin (TX) from about ‘81-‘85 and then Dallas (TX) from about ’85-‘88. Pops has fond memories of “partying” in his Texas years. Apple didn’t fall far from the tree. 

just got done watching the France/Switzerland match. holy shit that was exhilarating. i was obviously rooting for France, but hats off to the Swiss. just a legendary performance from beginning to end. they really went after it and they never let up. i thought it was *over* with 10 minutes to go, and i never really considered that they might win until the very end there. they however clearly kept believing. again, hats off to the Swiss. that was an all time great Euro match.