EPL 2021-22

maninblack

that townsend goals was pretty fucking choice.  crazy to see an everton player do it.  great longball assist on the third goal as well.  good answer from being down 1-0.  it is strange to see the toffees do what they are supposed to do against shit teams at home...although we are nearing the 90th minute so still plenty of time to everton it up.

9 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

If the season ended today, Everton would be in the Champions League.

we were in first place by ourselves last year after four games.  difference is that this year, we've played nothing but bad teams so far whereas we had already won at tottenham last year.

damn, could have sworn that ron was a spurs fan.  i can never keep the chelsea and spurs fans on here straight.  ron, mojames, ztejas, midtown, koopa, texarcher...they all blend together as snarky fans who like teams from london that wear blue and overpay for their players.  all except g650 who i know is chelsea because he was kind enough to offer me tix at stamford a million years ago.

on that topic, taking the fam to london and paris the week of thanksgiving...going to be in blighty on 11/20 and was just looking at the lineup in london that weekend.  woof.  chelsea is away at leicester and arsenal is in liverpool.  spurs the only game in town...against leeds.  tempted just to see and experience the stadium, but would have liked a better matchup. 

Edited by sidis

One thing about any Spurs home game - they are way out of town. You can get there via bus or train (not tube). Just be aware of that.

(This is why the Wembley season was a slog, an hour and half across the city via the underground)  

DAMN if I get beat to WHL2.0 by sidis… SMDH. 

Edited by Captain Ron

4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

One thing about any Spurs home game - they are way out of town. You can get there via bus or train (not tube). Just be aware of that.

(This is why the Wembley season was a slog, an hour and half across the city via the underground)  

DAMN if I get best to WHL2.0 by sidis… SMDH. 

when i previously visited whl, it was not that much of a walk off of the seven sisters stop on the tube.  but i'll check into it before pulling the trigger on anything.  it is a bit of a day killer in terms of distance from the city center and leeds just doesn't get me all that fired up so not sure.  i'd just really like to see the stadium.

tottenham was in first place after 12 games last year.  none of burnley, southampton, burnley, or bha will be able to say that at the end of the year.  i'm taking the quality win.

2 hours ago, sidis said:

on that topic, taking the fam to london and paris the week of thanksgiving...going to be in blighty on 11/20 and was just looking at the lineup in london that weekend.  woof.  chelsea is away at leicester and arsenal is in liverpool.  spurs the only game in town...against leeds.  tempted just to see and experience the stadium, but would have liked a better matchup. 

Fulham/Barnsley is in town. Fulham on track to get promoted so far and Antonee Robinson plays for them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/14/2021 at 10:43 AM, sidis said:

On 9/14/2021 at 1:36 PM, ztejas said:

Fulham/Barnsley is in town. Fulham on track to get promoted so far and Antonee Robinson plays for them. 

Craven Cottage is bad ass.  right there on the Thames in West London.  that's definitely a great option.  great little stadium plopped down in the middle of a neighborhood.

if you go to Tottenham, it's better to have a lesser opponent than a big name opponent.  you're probably gonna have to do hospitality tickets.  you can become a Spurs member, but you won't be able to buy regular tickets that way.  you won't have enough seniority.  from my experiences, tickets on the secondary market are hard to come by for EPL matches.  best bet is hospitality.  that's what @mdmost did to get our Liverpool tickets.  and the better the matchup, the higher the price (which is already high to begin with).  Leeds sounds perfect.  fun team, plenty of goals.

one other option if you want a big game: will you be in London on Tuesday, November 23?  Chelsea is hosting Juventus in Champions League.  that would be awesome.  you can get hospitality tickets for that.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/club-chelsea/matchday-hospitality/matches

and Champions League tickets are usually readily available on the secondary market.  that's how @Spankytoes got our Bayern Munich/Dynamo Zagreb CL tix in 2015.

https://www.livefootballtickets.com/fixtures/chelsea-v-juventus-1-tickets-champions-league.html

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Craven Cottage is bad ass.  right there on the Thames in West London.  that's definitely a great option.  great little stadium plopped down in the middle of a neighborhood.

if you go to Tottenham, it's better to have a lesser opponent than a big name opponent.  you're probably gonna have to do hospitality tickets.  you can become a Spurs member, but you won't be able to buy regular tickets that way.  you won't have enough seniority.  from my experiences, tickets on the secondary market are hard to come by for EPL matches.  best bet is hospitality.  that's what @mdmost did to get our Liverpool tickets.  and the better the matchup, the higher the price (which is already high to begin with).  Leeds sounds perfect.  fun team, plenty of goals.

one other option if you want a big game: will you be in London on Tuesday, November 23?  Chelsea is hosting Juventus in Champions League.  that would be awesome.  you can get hospitality tickets for that.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/club-chelsea/matchday-hospitality/matches

and Champions League tickets are usually readily available on the secondary market.  that's how @Spankytoes got our Bayern Munich/Dynamo Zagreb CL tix in 2015.

https://www.livefootballtickets.com/fixtures/chelsea-v-juventus-1-tickets-champions-league.html

thanks for the head's up, JT.  ironically, we will be in paris on 11/23.  which is a bit obnoxious because the 5th group game will feature psg at man city.  what a great fixture that would have been to catch at princes if it was the psg home game.