2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

5 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

not sure who I want to win tonight that Stanford offense looks tough it might be nice to see them go home

I kind of want to give Vandy the business in the title to reassert ourselves on top of the college baseball world but we have too much shit to clean up in our own bracket for me to worry about today. 

That said... definitely pulling for Stanford. I don't see them beating us twice.

I mean Vandy* lost Monday but Leiter pitched a 1.00 ERA complete game. No thanks. 

Edited by ztejas

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I kind of want to give Vandy the business in the title to reassert ourselves on top of the college baseball world but we have too much shit to clean up in our own bracket for me to worry about today. 

That said... definitely pulling for Stanford. I don't see them beating us twice.

I mean they lost Monday but Leiter pitched a 1.00 ERA complete game. No thanks. 

They already eliminated NCSU?

Just now, ztejas said:

That wasn't even close. That was dumb as shit. Fly out would have scored him on the next batter. 

No cause if he wouldn’t have went they just would’ve gotten him at first. Then fly ball would’ve been 3rd out

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah but I haven't heard him talked up all game and his team's pitching incessantly congratulated the entire year. 

I mean the kid is 17 and 2 top 10 picks in front of him. And they do have the 2nd best ERA in the country

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, OB3 said:

I mean the kid is 17 and 2 top 10 picks in front of him. And they do have the 2nd best ERA in the country

Well I'm hardly objective. I'm in laser-focus, Texas-is-the-best-team-fuck-everyone-else mode. 

Objectively, though, I do think having 2 aces and throwing a 17 year old as your 3rd guy kind of stinks of hubris and might cost them.