Texas vs Tennessee: College World Series (Elimination)

chase25

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Good texag comments....this never gets old:

For a CWS game, I'm surprised by the poor officiating. Not pulling for either team, just watching because I love collegiate sports and the drama of high stakes competition.

Play at plate in the bottom of the 4th should've never been called safe on the field to begin with. When a ball beats a runner by that much, most good umpires are going to call an out unless it's something that would obviously be over-turned on replay or is obvious from the stands. As a result, home plate umpire comes across looking like he's got an agenda. Pretty clear that he was looking for the slightest piece of evidence that the runner could've been safe and consequently it can't be over-turned due to inconclusive camera footage.

Third base umpire doesn't need to be the first one to run across the field to the 1B dugout to eject someone either, especially if it was for just slamming their first down on the railing for a close 3-2 pitch. If it's that egregious, the 1B or HP umpire will take care of it. These umpires are acting like fans came to see them; it's a bad look imo.

Watching how the calls all just happen to go tu's way reminds me why we NEVER want to play them again in anything. Absolutely loathe them and their crappy fans.

Their coverage of the sip fans is insufferable.

Tennessee sh@t the bed so tu beats another SEC East team but still hasn't beat a SEC West team including A&M.

6-0 and 8-4. Not the same Tennessee team we have seen all season. Can't help but think Vitello has other things on his mind. Hopefully MState does the SEC proud tonight. Somebody just finish Texas please!!!!

"Not pulling for either team"

Sure, sure...

Their tears are delicious.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Much rather the Hoos win tonight so we only have to beat dogs once and not against mr. eleventy billion k's which we would certainly face in the second game were we to win the first one.  also, the winner has a 2.5 day wait and won't play until Friday which may cause some of UVA's sudden momentum to rust over a bit.

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

"Not pulling for either team"

Sure, sure...

Their tears are delicious.

"officiating"...considering the rest of the comments it is obvious this guy probably only watches baseball to see if Texas loses to SECSEC.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, sidis said:

Much rather the Hoos win tonight so we only have to beat dogs once and not against mr. eleventy billion k's which we would certainly face in the second game were we to win the first one.  also, the winner has a 2.5 day wait and won't play until Friday which may cause some of UVA's sudden momentum to rust over a bit.

I think we are gonna face him on Thurs at some point if they lose tonight.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

For a CWS game, I'm surprised by the poor officiating. Not pulling for either team, just watching because I love collegiate sports and the drama of high stakes competition.

Play at plate in the bottom of the 4th should've never been called safe on the field to begin with. When a ball beats a runner by that much, most good umpires are going to call an out unless it's something that would obviously be over-turned on replay or is obvious from the stands. As a result, home plate umpire comes across looking like he's got an agenda. Pretty clear that he was looking for the slightest piece of evidence that the runner could've been safe and consequently it can't be over-turned due to inconclusive camera footage.

Third base umpire doesn't need to be the first one to run across the field to the 1B dugout to eject someone either, especially if it was for just slamming their first down on the railing for a close 3-2 pitch. If it's that egregious, the 1B or HP umpire will take care of it. These umpires are acting like fans came to see them; it's a bad look imo.

Watching how the calls all just happen to go tu's way reminds me why we NEVER want to play them again in anything. Absolutely loathe them and their crappy fans.

Tennessee sh@t the bed so tu beats another SEC East team but still hasn't beat a SEC West team including A&M.

6-0 and 8-4. Not the same Tennessee team we have seen all season. Can't help but think Vitello has other things on his mind. Hopefully MState does the SEC proud tonight. Somebody just finish Texas please!!!!

Lulz. I wonder if this dipshit saw all the calls in our first game that "just happened to go tu's way".

There simply is no more delusional fanbase than aggy.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

The entire CWS officiating has been laughable my man.  They have spread their suck far and wide.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

We need a separate kiddy table game thread for the "I only watched one game this year but here's my opinion " crowd.

That was hilarious. “I’ve watched one game this season!!!! I know what’s up!!!”

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

That was hilarious. “I’ve watched one game this season!!!! I know what’s up!!!”

Well, that's natural.

Lot's of usernames I haven't seen all season showing up with their hot takes brings the lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Not pulling for either team, but definitely pulling against Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, sidis said:

Pulling for either team is a fool's errand.  What we (Longhorn Fans) need to be pulling for is a tight game with a lot of pitches thrown and, hopefully, double digit innings.  That is an effort worthy of dusting off the Voodoo Doll up in the attic.

2 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

I know jack shit about baseball, it did look routine was it tough because of the angle of throw to first?

Everything about it was tough. Very very rarely do you see 5-2-3 double plays look that easy. That was some mlb level shit 

• Hook 'Em 1

I know jack shit about baseball, it did look routine was it tough because of the angle of throw to first?

The pick with a catcher's mitt, for starters, and the presence of mind to stretch for the ball without losing the plate ... then the strike to first. It was the definition of clutch.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Tough angle, yeah, kinda.  But it was in the dirt, the pressure's on, there's a runner bearing down, and he's got a fucking pizza dough for a glove.

That's why.

He made it look pedestrian.  Go try it.  It ain't

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, wood said:

Lulz. I wonder if this dipshit saw all the calls in our first game that "just happened to go tu's way".

There simply is no more delusional fanbase than aggy.

It's even better when aggy complains from wherever their losing culture watches games they have no chance of playing in.  Location: Tearsville, where collies go to cry.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 4