Rockets vs Warriors

UDontKnow

I know it's classic Game 1 overreaction, but all the people who said that these teams are miles apart and that Golden State would wipe the floor with Houston all series were not watching the same game that I was. 

I said that Houston played hard, but not particularly smart or well on Monday. And they got essentially nothing from Tucker, Ariza, and Moute. Well here's what happens when they play hard and well. A few turnovers, a few missed threes from GS, and it's a 19 point lead.

Golden State has 3 guys on the entire roster who can make a basket; when 2 are struggling, things can get ugly in a hurry.

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I know it's classic Game 1 overreaction, but all the people who said that these teams are miles apart and that Golden State would wipe the floor with Houston all series were not watching the same game that I was. 

I said that Houston played hard, but not particularly smart or well on Monday. And they got essentially nothing from Tucker, Ariza, and Moute. Well here's what happens when they play hard and well. A few turnovers, a few missed threes from GS, and it's a 19 point lead.

Golden State has 3 guys on the entire roster who can make a basket; when 2 are struggling, things can get ugly in a hurry.

Curry looks hurt right now. He couldn't keep either Paul or Harden in front of him and gave up when he had to switch which lead to a couple of easy buckets for the Rockets. He's also just flopping in hopes of picking up cheap fouls on almost every Houston possession.

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

If PJ Tucker is going to thoroughly outplay Draymond then Houston will win the majority of the time..... Curry is getting destroyed on defense.

Houston's doing a great job at stifling all the off-ball movement and keeping multiple eyes on shooters. Golden State has resorted to a lot of KD iso (which is one hell of a secondary option), but there's no rhythm at all to their offense.

Just now, Chult86 said:

Something's wrong with Curry I think

Frankly, too bad. It's the playoffs. He didn't have to come back in Game 2 last series if he wasn't ready. He's still getting to the basket at will when he wants to. Once he finds his shot, he'll offset the impact of being a half-step slow on defense.

2 minutes ago, Chult86 said:

Something's wrong with Curry I think

Rust..... but he's looking a lot like 2016 playoff Curry.  Some of it is his body, some of it is game plan and exploiting his defensive weakness.... He's a game defender, just not a great one and they have some offensive juggernauts taking him to school.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This game is ovar..... Houston gets the win they absolutely had to have.  Curry will need all 4 of those off days in the ice bath....

Not for sure over at all. Plenty of 15 point leads have been overcome with much less time. 2011 Game 2 Mavs over Heat comes to mind.

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

I agree but the Warriors look listless except for KD.....

If you ask me, that's the whole reason that the Warriors needed to recruit KD from the Thunder so bad, as the team is soft other than loco-Dray & hot shooting splash bros...

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I agree but the Warriors look listless except for KD.....

Indeed they do. Lucky shot by Gordon followed by a couple of bad possessions by GS and the lead quickly back to 16. Houston's collective asshole was beginning to clench there for a minute. 

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

we seriously go thurs/fri without games? ugh...

That's so there's back to back games for Sat/ Sun... The NBA could care less if it throws a team out of rhythm or not, because ratings mean all to the league's image...

Just now, TexasMan said:

Ha.... this is sort of true, he has a lot of defenders.  I do think he's at least physically limited if not a little banged up but again, the game plan of punishing him on defense by taking the ball right at him is wearing him down.  It's a weakness of Golden State's, you can attack and wear down Curry.  He needs to be protected defensively.