Rockets vs Warriors

UDontKnow

24 minutes ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Imagine being a Spurs or Mavs fan and hating the Rockets so much you are forced to root for the Warriors. 

Don't really have to imagine.....

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/179065-(2)-Spurs-vs-(1)-Warriors-Western-Conference-Finals

Some fans of other teams are also just fans of basketball and look forward to watching the playoffs (and the best two teams this year), even if their team isn't playing.  Some fans like to simply troll other fanbases..... Probably best to engage the former and ignore the latter, but this community will always have both.

32 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

So no response except that for a 4th straight time? Just say you got nothing and move on. I bet you are the biggest pussy at a bar. No response but that? weak.

I dont know what would astonish me more - whether 78 refers to your birth year, or your IQ

Some of y'all predicting sweep from a relatively close game are nuts.  Sure it's better to be up 1-0, but there's still time. I was a little surprised curry didnt have a normal for him game.  I thought maybe the knee would  still be an issue but he got into the paint a few times.  Of course harden could go into emo mode, and dantoni could fail to make any adjustments.

8 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Some of y'all predicting sweep from a relatively close game are nuts.  Sure it's better to be up 1-0, but there's still time. I was a little surprised curry didnt have a normal for him game.  I thought maybe the knee would  still be an issue but he got into the paint a few times.  Of course harden could go into emo mode, and dantoni could fail to make any adjustments.

I don't think this will be a sweep, but it wasn't "relatively close". 

Rockets jumped out to a 9 point lead in the first few minutes and ended up losing by 13. After the Warriors responded to the Rocket's initial run this really wasn't that competitive. It felt like the Warriors were in control even after the Rockets made a bit of a run to end the 2nd quarter. 

35 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This isn't true.... KD was something like 11-13 in true ISO's, often time with a hand in face.  He got very few free looks from the free movement of the offense. 

The Rockets did a pretty good job on Durant. They don't have anybody with enough length to guard Durant (like most teams). 

The bigger issue had more to do with the open looks Thompson was getting and even to a degree Curry. Scary thing is Curry missed several open 3s that he won't miss on most nights. 

Edited by texasstrong12

7 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Other than a poor stretch at the end of the 3rd, I thought Steph played pretty well distributing the ball and taking what the defense gave him.  His shot wasn't falling, KD was hot, and Houston was giving the other guys--including Klay--cleaner looks, so he didn't force it. I don't think the knee was an issue; I do think that Houston wore him the fuck down.  If Houston's strategy was to use up Steph's energy on defense and get him in foul trouble, it absolutely worked.  But it also led to Houston having 45 isolation possessions, many of them not beginning until <10 seconds were left on the shot clock, as they wasted time hunting him out.  He got abused more than once as you'd expect, but he at least made Harden work for it and make contested step-backs instead of blow by lay-ups. On the other end, the few times Harden got switched on Steph on-the-ball, Steph blew past him like he was standing still.  If the Rockets want to completely derail whatever already limited ball/player movement their offense produces to hunt out Steph every time down, I think Golden State will take that trade.

12 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

He got abused more than once as you'd expect, but he at least made Harden work for it and make contested step-backs instead of blow by lay-ups. 

Yup. This is how you defend Harden. Even after last night's performance I would bet Kerr is perfectly fine with how the Warriors defended Harden. If Harden beats you as a jump shooter so be it. 

There's no chance Harden is going to put up the numbers he did in game 1 (especially from an efficiency perspective) throughout this series. That's if the Warriors keep forcing him to shoot contested jump shots.

That's why this series seems over. I thought the Rockets would steal a game or 2 with a crazy offensive game from Harden. They got that in game 1 and still lost. 

Edited by texasstrong12

15 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't think this will be a sweep, but it wasn't "relatively close". 

Rockets jumped out to a 9 point lead in the first few minutes and ended up losing by 13. After the Warriors responded to the Rocket's initial run this really wasn't that competitive. It felt like the Warriors were in control even after the Rockets made a bit of a run to end the 2nd quarter. 

The game never felt out of reach for the rockets though.  They can put up 9-0 runs just like the Ws.  Starters were on the court until the final whistle, thats my definition of relatively close.  Yours may vary.  

• Like 1

Chris Paul has always had an edgy (dirty) side to him...... LOL!  Getting in his shots early.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-paul-tells-kevin-durant-140006213.html

Hey, at least it wasn't his usual spot of going for the nuts..... He really does need a new nickname.  2 balls Paul or something.... Maybe those rumors are true?

Still, hard to play tough guy when you come to the arena looking like a fucking Tide Pod.....

Can someone explain how in the most important game of the season, Harden only plays 35 minutes? They had days of rest before Game 1, I don't understand it. Ya, he went down in the 1Q, but that was (imo) trying to sell a foul.

If your best player is exhausted after playing 35 minutes, that's a big problem.

Just now, Chult86 said:

Can someone explain how in the most important game of the season, Harden only plays 35 minutes? They had days of rest before Game 1, I don't understand it. Ya, he went down in the 1Q, but that was (imo) trying to sell a foul.

If your best player is exhausted after playing 35 minutes, that's a big problem.

He went out for a few minutes when he got tangled up with Looney in the first half and looked like he tweaked his ankle..... Probably would have played 2-3 more minutes like CP around 38.  

59 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yup. This is how you defend Harden. Even after last night's performance I would bet Kerr is perfectly fine with how the Warriors defended Harden. If Harden beats you as a jump shooter so be it. 

There's no chance Harden is going to put up the numbers he did in game 1 (especially from an efficiency perspective) throughout this series. That's if the Warriors keep forcing him to shoot contested jump shots.

That's why this series seems over. I thought the Rockets would steal a game or 2 with a crazy offensive game from Harden. They got that in game 1 and still lost. 

Harden had a few layups and dunks as well, the difference is the warriors have 3 guys that can legit score 40 and the rockets have 2. I said this earlier in this thread before the series and that's no matter scenario you come up with the warriors have a counter that always makes them win. If the Rockets have any chance to win it's to play the best defense they can for a full game every game AND hit more threes. The only 3 games they have lost in the playoffs has been games they lost the 3pm stat line. When they hit 15+ threes the Rockets have the highest chance to win, but even with that against the warriors it still might not matter. They will win this round and the Finals in 5 games, 6 at the most but there is no team in the nba that can push it to 7 games.

2 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

I really want someone to dethrone the Warriors, and that happens to be the Rockets (by process of elimination) at this stage.  But last night's game was painful.  As much as I hate the Warriors, their style of play is so much more fun to watch than the Warriors.  

Not sure you meant to type "Warriors" at the end, there?

4 hours ago, ernest_t_bass said:

KD wasn't guarded?  LOL.  It seemed like he made a ton of fade-aways and mid-range jumpers with a hand in his face.

yeah anyone who says the rockets played poor defense on durant is simply looking at his box score and didn't actually watch the game.  guy was hitting contested mid-range shots like they were free throws.  it wasn't a lack of defense that lead to his big night.

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah anyone who says the rockets played poor defense on durant is simply looking at his box score and didn't actually watch the game.  guy was hitting contested mid-range shots like they were free throws.  it wasn't a lack of defense that lead to his big night.

KD was damn near perfect and he wasn't just getting uncontested layups.  He was locked in

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

They didn’t play poor defense they just don’t have anyone tall enough to defend him

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If anything they need to find klay and steph in transition and not lose them in the half court. Half of Klays 3's were wide open looks that he will knock down every time.

Exactly.  With Durant, you just try to force him to shoot jumpers and hope he's off.  There is no defender in the NBA that has the quickness and length to affect his release. Focus on Klay and Steph and don't give them any room to shoot. 

2 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

The NBA needs to address that rule. When the offensive player jumps sideways into the defender ans initiates contact, that should be an offensive foul. It's just so fucking lame

Yup. I remember when the Rockets traded for Kevin Martin, someone I had never paid attention to, but I had never seen someone do that move so much before him. The one year he was on the Rockets was kind of entertaining in a bad way.

• Like 1

Blowout city..... Warriors look dazed, trying to find their mouthpiece, reaching to find the ropes.... Their defense looks horrible.  Draymond is turning it over every time he gets the ball, Curry is getting bullied all over the court, Houston is quicker to every loose ball....

MikeTyson_down.jpg

Edited by Patrick Bateman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1