Rockets vs Warriors

UDontKnow

37 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao at people giving KD a pass. I guess you guys never watched him in crunch time in big games? It was both of their faults. But this is a UT board, so its natural. Without Westbrook, KD allowed OKC to get swept by some shitty Memphis team who was disposed of easily by SA. 

Who gives a fuck? This is the G.S./ Rockets thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teddy Tucker said:

One game ain’t a series boys

No but its never a series until someone loses at home and the Rockets just managed that with ease in game 1. I was actually hoping to see some competitive basketball. 

8 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Lol. KD hasn’t scored 40 in one playoff game this year. Did New Orleans and the spurs have better defenders than Ariza, tucker and moute? He might have a game of 40 but every game? Lulzz 

ImpoliteFlawedAlaskankleekai-max-1mb.gif

Edited by kingkoopa6
"I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good looking. I'm not very attractive."
  • Like 2

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other team. GS was great tonight. 

Adjustments/situations for the Rockets to have a chance to win the series. 

1. Capela needs to play 35+ minutes every game. He's so good defensively that he can hold his own when GS switches.  His pickpocket of Curry was incredible. 

2. Obviously Ariza needs to wake up. Can't afford him getting in foul trouble and he needs to knock down a few 3s.  He disappeared in most of the Utah series as well.

3. Gerald Green is pretty much unplayable in this series. I know he had to come in for Ariza, but D'Antoni still gave him too many minutes. 

4. Nene is unplayable as well. He can't defend anyone on the perimeter and he's a negative on the offensive side of the ball. 

5. We need SOMETHING out of Ryan Anderson. Shoot the fucking ball. Good things happen with our offense when he's clicking. 

6. That was Luc's worst game as a Rocket. Hopefully he bounces back. 

7. Have to hound Klay Thompson. He's an unbelievable shooter, but can throw up some clunkers if defended well.  He is the X factor.  If Klay puts a big game, you have no chance.

That went about the way that I thought it would.

Houston isn't nearly disciplined enough on defense. They can't outscore this team. They are going to have to get stops. Truth be told, the Warriors took a lot of bad shots early in the clock and made things easy for them at times. But that's sort of what they do. And the Rocket's  offense is too iso reliant. I know that's how they do things, but man... so much dancing around and jacking up shots at the end of the clock. Get some fucking ball movement going.

I know the Houston fans are hypersensitive about this series, and clearly there's a long way to go in this series, but there's no shame in losing Golden State. They are just that good.

Speaking of klay can’t remember who it was Gordon or Paul had an awful scramble foul against him with like 2 minutes left in 2nd. Terrible decision to give him 2 free looks after a slow start to the game by him. after making those he came right back down the next possession to hit a big three to tie it going into half. Came out with way more confidence in the second half after that

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

That went about the way that I thought it would.

Houston isn't nearly disciplined enough on defense. They can't outscore this team. They are going to have to get stops. Truth be told, the Warriors took a lot of bad shots early in the clock and made things easy for them at times. But that's sort of what they do. And the Rocket's  offense is too iso reliant. I know that's how they do things, but man... so much dancing around and jacking up shots at the end of the clock. Get some fucking ball movement going.

I know the Houston fans are hypersensitive about this series, and clearly there's a long way to go in this series, but there's no shame in losing Golden State. They are just that good.

Can't disagree.  They have to focus on winning the best of three. Win the next one at home and one away.  Then come home and win another.  

1 hour ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Lol never go full Chola.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2022521-kevin-durants-top-10-clutch-shots

How come like all of his big game clutch shots were with OKC? why was he constantly having to bail them out? Why did he leave?

Too much of a workload when the franchise rather have just one shooter out of 5 starters...

As far as tonite for the Rockets, I see it as a simple fix on making free throws/ layups & keeping a hand in the face of Klay, to even the series 1-1...