Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

13 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like Colton Prater is starting out at Center for aggy and McCoy at Guard.

Starting tackles are Moore and Green. They have a combined 1 total start. 

Lanfear isn't in the starting rotation. I'm guessing his career is pretty much done because of all the injuries. A&M has had quite a few busts on the offensive line these past few cycles. 

Edited by texasstrong12

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Let's go take a look at the preseason All-ACC Team at DL

DE – Clelin Ferrell, Clemson (122)
DE – Austin Bryant, Clemson (80)
DT – Christian Wilkins, Clemson (122)
DT – Dexter Lawrence, Clemson (119)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Lanfear isn't in the starting rotation. I'm guessing his career is pretty much done because of all the injuries. A&M has had quite a few busts on the offensive line these past few cycles. 

Doesn't Sutherland have a history of getting hurt?  I thought Moore was a Guard lulz.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Doesn't Sutherland have a history of getting hurt?  I thought Moore was a Guard lulz.

Maybe the marine doesn't know the difference between a guard and tackle? Their roster is almost all interior OL at this point. They only have 2 or 3 players that I would even consider tackles. 

Diesch seems like a transfer candidate too. Another total bust it looks like. 

The more I watch aggys recruiting the more I think the marine is lost without Sherman. I guess he wants a roster of guards with only a couple tackles. 

Edited by texasstrong12

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Doesn't Sutherland have a history of getting hurt? 

"Sutherland spent the spring on the interior on the left side and is a three year starter. He’s missed time due to injury or been in recovery from injury during three of his past five seasons but he’s resilient as evidenced by how quickly he came from his appendectomy last season. Sutherland could fill any number of roles along the front wall either as a starter or utility man and on the interior or the edge. Even so, he needs to stay healthy so that A&M can put together a starting five with some depth and perhaps avoid some of the offensive line issues that have plagued them in recent years."

Yes. Sutherland and Lanfear can't stay healthy. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-football-roster-breakdown-Keaton-Sutherland-offers-versatility-on-OL-120164596/

30 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

"Sutherland spent the spring on the interior on the left side and is a three year starter. He’s missed time due to injury or been in recovery from injury during three of his past five seasons but he’s resilient as evidenced by how quickly he came from his appendectomy last season. Sutherland could fill any number of roles along the front wall either as a starter or utility man and on the interior or the edge. Even so, he needs to stay healthy so that A&M can put together a starting five with some depth and perhaps avoid some of the offensive line issues that have plagued them in recent years." 

Yes. Sutherland and Lanfear can't stay healthy. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/Texas-AM-football-roster-breakdown-Keaton-Sutherland-offers-versatility-on-OL-120164596/

Hahaha as if healing up from an appendectomy and not having Charmin ligaments are the same thing at all.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

The only way I'm going to watch A&M games is if their O-line is terrible and the QB is running for his life. Are you guys telling me the OL is going to be terrible?

IIRC Manziel was always running for his life when A&M's line was full of future high round draft picks.

21 hours ago, Fud said:

LSU never offered Tongue or Constantin, and never pushed for Harris. They landed Starks, and Aranda chose to go with Marcel Brooks and a 3* from Alabama over those mentioned above, for better or for worse

Bama gave Harris a take it or leave it commitment ultimatum awhile back and Harris didn't commit. Then in June when Harris tried to commit, Bama told him they weren't ready to take his commitment. Don't be surprised if they circle back, and when A&M's season is down the drain, it should be academic at that point 

that "some 3* from Alabama" will be one of our best LB recruits, stars be damned.  kid is big, quick and flat brings the wood.

Kendall McCallum HUDL

55 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

IIRC Manziel was always running for his life when A&M's line was full of future high round draft picks.

The first year he wasn't, but that was with weak Big 12 players. When they started recruiting SEC players the next year they took a nose dive. 

4 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Speaking of loving threads.... when are we going to get your 2018 aggie prediction thread?

new coaching staff, i'm getting old as fuck . . .it will be out before game one. 

leaning towards a loss in the semifinals, but we'll see who the starting qb is.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bizzle said:

new coaching staff, i'm getting old as fuck . . .it will be out before game one. 

Are you going to be on your 3rd or 4th string QB after the Clemson game?

41 minutes ago, bizzle said:

Starkelmotion. If Jimbo can make the more boring selection, that's what he'll do. Book it.

Edited by texifornia

9 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

DeMarvin Leal has already officially visited both Alabama and Texas with Clemson still being a possibility. However, A&M is not too concerned with the 6-foot-4, 280-pound defender. The Aggies feel he will end up signing with them. Alabama would be the most concerning team out of any as they have continued to recruit him hard and it was his most recent official. But, again, A&M does not expect him to end up anywhere else. 

No

11 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Tarp on Leon 

Nooooooo way. 

Ummm....who the fuck expected him to be a quick twitch anything? Oh right, aggy did. 

I look forward to the in-season “you didn’t expect O’Neal to get trucked the way he did” comments as well. 

Edited by Sejjr

24 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This must be from Tarp article about none of the incoming freshman making any kind of early impact.

The title of said article : "A&M freshmen aren't making big impact, and that's a good thing"

One of the more Tarpish articles I've read in a long time. It's 7 paragraphs of circular logic. Basically the freshmen aren't better than the upperclassmen, but the upperclassmen are laying the foundation for a championship team. And I'm cross eyed. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I still like my prediction of O'Neal transferring in under 2 years. O'Neal is the type that won't sit on the bench. O'Neal thinks he could start at Alabama day 1. 

He's going to get passed up by the 2019 kids quickly 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fud said:

He's going to get passed up by the 2019 kids quickly 

Spin down candidate? I think Leon is screwed regardless. Not twitchy, stiff hips, and slow. Nice high school player that was routinely exposed against good competition. 

Normally I'd wish a Cy- kid well, but i hope Leon is out of football sooner rather than later. 

I've actually had enough alcohol today to really go in dry on Hamm, Daddy98, and the rest of those fucks.  Daddy98 in particular has really said some shit lately that is just factually false and figuratively pisses me off.  I'm going to keep drinking and just put it on paper how factually wrong those fuckstains are about everything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I've actually had enough alcohol today to really go in dry on Hamm, Daddy98, and the rest of those fucks.  Daddy98 in particular has really said some shit lately that is just factually false and figuratively pisses me off.  I'm going to keep drinking and just put it on paper how factually wrong those fuckstains are about everything.

Sweet Christ, sir. Lay off the sauce for an hour and get this done or don’t do it at all. When did you start drinking today? Breakfast? Do you fashion yourself Edgar Allen Poe or something? If you’re going toe to toe with Daddy98 and Hamm, you’re going to need at least 5% of your wits. 

• Like 1