Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Let's talk about Darrell Dickey.  He has been the OC at numerous stops and at Memphis.  Here are the stats.  And note that when Mike Norvell was hired he took over play calling duties.  That was 2016.  Dickey is the only OC I have ever seen with a longterm record shittier than Shawn Watson 

Screen_Shot_2018_07_31_at_11_41_50_AM.pn

He only called plays at Memphis (if ever) in 2012 and 13--when they were horrible.  Justin Fuente called plays at Memphis in 2014, and Brad Cornelson called plays there in 2015.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/virginia-tech/dp-spt-tech-cornelsen-fuente-playcalling-071917-20170718-story.html

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

Brewster salary revealed. 

I'm sure all the talk about Aggy out-bidding everyone for Brewster's lit services won't come back up now after finding out that he's making even less than he made at FSU. 

Dickey is the one that surprised me ... 

Jimbo's staff at FSU was in the Top 10 in total salaries. Jimbo was terrible about distributing the dollars though. Interesting that Brew took a paycut

12 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Fuente not taking Dickey with him to VaTech says plenty.

he tried, Dickey wanted to see his daughter graduate from high school. 

and as someone pointed out above, dickey is less there for his play-calling acumen, and more for his relationships with seemingly every high school coach in the region, his experience in about 10 different offensive systems, and most importantly the fact he is a great dude and can get along with anybody. fantastic guy to get a beer with and listen to stories. 

4 minutes ago, bizzle said:

he tried, Dickey wanted to see his daughter graduate from high school. 

and as someone pointed out above, dickey is less there for his play-calling acumen, and more for his relationships with seemingly every high school coach in the region, his experience in about 10 different offensive systems, and most importantly the fact he is a great dude and can get along with anybody. fantastic guy to get a beer with and listen to stories. 

Why can't aggy just say that then?  Instead of taking someone who historically might be the shittiest OC in modern college football and credit him for Fuente and Norvell's offenses.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Why can't aggy just say that then?  Instead of taking someone who historically might be the shittiest OC in modern college football and credit him for Fuente and Norvell's offenses.

because people like myself that post on message boards are idiots?

59 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

He only called plays at Memphis (if ever) in 2012 and 13--when they were horrible.  Justin Fuente called plays at Memphis in 2014, and Brad Cornelson called plays there in 2015.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/virginia-tech/dp-spt-tech-cornelsen-fuente-playcalling-071917-20170718-story.html

Wait, I was told it doesn’t matter who calls the plays?!?

aggy's "much higher competition for DB's" 

2017 NCAA team passing rankings per aggy's SEC schedule:

South Carolina  77

Florida  101

Auburn  65

LSU  84

Bama  91

Arkansas  83

Miss St 112

Ole Miss  11

2017 NCAA team passing rankings per Texas' Big 12 schedule:

K St 107

OSU  1

TCU  52

Tech  9

OU  3

ISU  30

Baylor  24

Kansas  68

So, lowly Kansas would have been just about the 2nd most difficult passing team aggy would have played last year.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

South Carolina  77

Florida  101

Auburn  65

LSU  84

Bama  91

Arkansas  83

Miss St 112

Ole Miss  11

K St 107

OSU  1

TCU  52

Tech  9

OU  3

ISU  30

Baylor  24

Kansas  68

So, lowly Kansas would have been just about the 2nd most difficult passing team aggy would have played last year.

It's a preposterous, through-the-SEC-looking-glass type of sentiment. 

That's the thing with those rosy, maroon-tinted glasses aggy sees the college football world through: all those red flags just look like flags. 

16 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

South Carolina  77

Florida  101

Auburn  65

LSU  84

Bama  91

Arkansas  83

Miss St 112

Ole Miss  11

K St 107

OSU  1

TCU  52

Tech  9

OU  3

ISU  30

Baylor  24

Kansas  68

Well yes but when you take into account the SEC factor then multiply by jizz, divide the milkmen, add the dead dogs and finally take the power of the gloryhole gravitational pull = advantage aggy/SEC

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Not really the place, but I don't care. Keke, do you love me..

Hide contents

Liucci

11:57p, 7/30/18

Staff

AG

With fall camp set to crank up in two days, here is a final round of some summer off-season notes and thoughts based on what I've gathered from various sources over the past few weeks but haven't included in the recent Q&A sessions. Enjoy!

-Kellen Mond and Nick Starkel have both added noticeable muscle mass since the end of last season. Mond is close to 215 pounds and has added more than 10 pounds in Jerry Schmidt's summer program. Both signal callers look like different guys walking around than they did at this time a year ago.

-Speaking of the QBs, I think fans will realize that a lot of folks may have jumped the gun when they assumed Mond taking part in last week's pre-season photo shoot at the fire school and Starkel not being involved was some kind of indicator of where the August quarterback race was headed. As is often the case during the long off-season, this one turned out to be much ado about nothing. Nick was actually out of town when the deal came together on pretty short notice and couldn't return in time. Apparently, Nick will be out there himself early this week to get some of the same footage (I believe but am not positive that it's for the video board this season) on tape. Nothing will be decided at the position until deep into fall camp, IMO.

-Jimbo Fisher told us during Saturday's TexAgs Kickoff event that true freshman Glenn Beal has transformed his body as much as just about anyone on the Aggie roster. The tight end from Louisiana arrived at around 290 pounds but has worked his butt off (literally) to the point that he's now checking in at just over 265 as the Ags prepare to start fall camp. Junior college signee Mohammad Diallo was another newcomer mentioned as someone who used the summer off-season to work hard to drop some excess pounds in time for Wednesday's reporting date. Diallo is also a name I've heard mentioned more than a couple of times since his mid-summer arrival as an interior lineman who is going to be a really good one in Maroon & White. He's a ready-made SEC defensive tackle.

-Fisher also talked about the progress of second-year tackles Carson Green and Dan Moore. It's easy to see the head coach is pretty excited by the potential Moore possesses at LT. He'll probably have some ups and downs in his first full season as a starter and playing against SEC edge rushers, but Jimbo and Jim Turner will give him tight end help when he needs it. As Fisher noted, however, the 6-6, 320-pounder's upside is off-the-charts good. The head coach said of Carson Green "he's a guy who will fight you" and went on to laud Carson for having a good off-season and showing a real mean streak on the field. Green's is a name I've heard plenty of throughout the summer and he's on my short list of potential breakthrough performers for the A&M offense this fall.

-Erik McCoy is one of the unquestioned leaders of this Aggie squad and, from what it sounds like, we're going to see him open up fall camp at guard opposite Keaton Sutherland. McCoy and Sutherland (another veteran whose off-season work has been praised by the head coach and several others I've talked to) sure look like the Ags' two best blockers and they're both extremely quick and athletic, which will allow Turner to have a pretty devastating tandem of pulling guards. All of that depends on whether or veteran Colton Prater or perhaps even true freshman Luke Matthews can hold things down at center. Turner has always felt that center was Prater's natural position so we shall see how things shake out during fall camp.

If there's one player who could be a surprise in terms of his NFL Draft stock rising throughout the fall, it could be Sutherland. He actually possesses some first-round measurables and added more than 10 pounds of mass during the off-season. The senior is quick, agile, strong and explosive. He's also now a pretty experienced blocker who will be playing for the same position coach for the third year in a row. Something to file away for now and re-visit later this fall.

-For good reason, Jace Sternberger has been hot topic since his emergence as one of the Ags' most dangerous weapons during the spring. Don't underestimate the impact of the lesser-known (for now) of the Ags two new additions to the upperclass ranks at tight end. Trevor Wood has drawn high praise from everyone I've asked this summer, including his new head coach during Saturday's TexAgs event. At 6-6 and over 255 pounds, Wood can not only line up as an in-line tight end but he's also an exceptional athlete for a man his size and can really get out and run, to that point that the Arizona transfer even has the ability to serve as a vertical threat in the passing game. If Wood performs as well as most insiders believe he will, the biggest beneficiary will be Sternberger. Jace is versatile enough that Fisher will be able to move him around in the formation, lining him up attached, in the backfield as an h-back or fullback and even as an inside receiver. Don't be surprised to see Wood's emergence allow Sternberger to emerge as the 'Swiss Army knife' of the Aggie offense.

-Cam Horry's move from tight end to the defensive line sounds like it's going to stick. That's where the redshirt freshman will line up to open fall camp. He's certainly better-suited along the defensive front, where his combination of athleticism and steadily-increasing size will be an asset. On offense, Horry was destined to end up on the offensive line before we'd have seen him racing up the seam and catching passes over linebackers and safeties.

-One of the most popular questions each and every summer goes something like this: "Who are the true freshmen turning heads this summer and which ones will have an early impact?" I've mentioned a few guys in the Q&A sessions this summer but, on the eve of fall camp, I'd say the two guys on offense who have generated the most buzz are wide receiver Caleb Chapman (he's extremely difficult to cover on the outside and catches everything thrown his way) and running back Charles Strong. Jalen Preston and Jashaun Corbin at the skill spots and Luke Matthews and Tank Davis up front have also turned heads during June and July.

On defense, Leon O'Neal and Bobby Brown continue to impress and look like day one contributors who will play a lot of football as true fish. A couple of guys who I honestly wasn't sure I'd hear too much about in year one have been drawing praise from various sources over the past 2-3 weeks. Tyree Wilson still probably needs a year under Jerry Schmidt before he's ready to push for real playing time but he's already beginning to fill out his ridiculously long, rangy frame and is a freakish edge athlete. Brian Johnson's legit 4.4 speed and coverage skills make him a pretty intriguing option for Mike Elko at rover, where he'll likely compete with Buddy Johnson in August. Even as a backup at that spot, it's easy to envision the Manvel product getting a lot of action between defense and special teams in year one.

-The two receivers whose names I've heard the most throughout the summer are sophomores Jhamon Ausbon (no surprise) and Cam Buckley. Ausbon has emerged as a team leader thanks to his work ethic and energy. Like Trayveon Williams, he's poised for an extremely productive 2018 campaign. It's also worth noting that Jhamon looks noticeably different than he did a season ago. I'm not sure exactly where his weight is but he's apparently made marked improvement in the strength/lifting department and looks leaner than he did at the end of his freshman season. Buckley was a surprise contributor as a true freshman last fall and simply hasn't stopped making plays. I'll say this about the Cedar Hill product: He has the full confidence of his quarterbacks. Don't be surprised to see him emerge as a favorite target of Starkel and/or Mond.

-Talk to four different sources and you might get four different answers when it comes to the upcoming battle for starting jobs and PT at cornerback. The name I hear most frequently, however, is sophomore cover man Clifford Chattman. The 6-4.5 cover man has created some real buzz this summer during off-season 7-on-7 work.

-I saw defensive end Micheal Clemmons recently and he looks like a 'first off the bus' guy without question. He's simply going to have to prove it on the field during fall camp and into the season, however. Micheal is now entering his second year out of the JC ranks, which is usually when junior college prospects make noticeable strides. Mike Elko needs that out of Clemmons at a position where the Ags have precious little depth and virtually no real experience outside of returning starter Landis Durham. The good news? It's clear that Micheal has gotten himself ready with a strong off-season.

-Not that it hasn't been said multiple times already but Trayveon Williams is coming off of an outstanding finish to spring ball and an even better off-season. He'll probably start the season at around 205 chiseled pounds and is 'all in' with the new offense. He also knows he's going to get the ball a lot in Fisher and Darrell Dickey's offense and has physically prepared himself for the 13-game grind.

-One of the areas that the Aggies would appear to be in very good shape at is the kicking game, where senior kicker Daniel LaCamera is one of the SEC's best and Braden Mann continues to look like he'll step right in for Shane Tripucka without dropoff. Where the Ags do have a higher degree of concern, however, is in the return game. If you're looking for an August storyline worth following, watch for a battle for return duties that will probably include no fewer than a half dozen candidates.

-The Ags' depth, talent and experience on the defensive interior has been well-documented. At the top of that group are a pair of seniors and a rising sophomore who could be on the verge of a breakout season. Justin Madubuike was pretty much unblockable during spring ball and seniors Kingsley Keke and Daylon Mack are two guys who have really taken advantage of their only off-season under Jerry Schmidt. Keke is down to 290 pounds for the first time since his senior year of high school and looks like an NFL lineman who has come back to campus for the off-season and, by all accounts, Mack has had his best off-season since arriving to Aggieland as a highly-touted five-star recruit a little over three years ago. Daylon is a player who finished spring ball on a high note and he's carried that positive momentum throughout the summer, resulting in a great deal of anticipation within the program to see how he performs in fall camp and his final season in an A&M uniform.

SEC ready this, SEC ready that...  

whats the narrative in week 2 when the ACC ready defensive front 4 breaks their offense and crushes their souls at home?

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Daddy98 and Kim are getting along.

DjdmaoDUYAA_1zF.jpgDjdmbkrU4AADLQC.jpg

Recruiting is a business for Paul Pissack? Somone might want to tell Farmer's that information. Also, that he appears to completely belittle and hate women. I am sure he treats his female co-workers well. 

7 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Are you sure? Because Paul certainly sounds like he's compensating for something. 

Stupid sip, didn't you see where he stated he wouldn't be attracted to himself, physically? Sheep poon is one thing but ding-a-lings are another. God's creation and all...