Jump to content

2021-22 PGA thread


Wally Fairway

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, htown85 said:

Went out this afternoon. Memorial such a better spectator venue than Redstone. Attendance and corporate participation should increase year over year in the near future unless the field just goes to complete shit due to scheduling.

Field looks pretty good for this time of the year. Just two top 15 guys (Koepka and Finau) which isn't as good as the Mexico and Vegas tourneys but a good mix of international guys that used to be big names. Could be a fun leaderboard come Sunday. Or could be shit. Ultimately it's November.

Edited by ztejas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Field looks pretty good for this time of the year. Just two top 15 guys (Koepka and Finau) which isn't as good as the Mexico and Vegas tourneys but a good mix of international guys that used to be big names. Could be a fun leaderboard come Sunday. Or could be shit. Ultimately it's November.

Yeah, plenty of interesting golfers. No complaints on this year’s field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, htown85 said:

Went out this afternoon. Memorial such a better spectator venue than Redstone. Attendance and corporate participation should increase year over year in the near future unless the field just goes to complete shit due to scheduling.

I liked the layout better at Golf Club of Houston. The volunteer tent was like 10 feet from the 18th green. Better amenities and club seating as well. BUT it was in Humble. 
 

It is cool they play the Houston Open at a muni now. I hope the course improvements continue. 
 

The Memorial Park renovations should be pretty nice when then finish the Land Bridges. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I had entered into the lottery for The 150th Open Championship at St. Andrews for next year.  First year they have ever done a ticket lottery for The Open.  They initially said results would be out in early October, but that kept getting pushed back.  I knew that was a bad sign. 

Sure enough.  Got the rejection email today.  1.3 million tickets requested.  Jesus.

I think I'm going to start checking out women's majors (sounds like Houston is in the running for one) or the US Am.  Tired of the crowds, not seeing much golf, and with the new money deals, prices are going way up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

I had entered into the lottery for The 150th Open Championship at St. Andrews for next year.  First year they have ever done a ticket lottery for The Open.  They initially said results would be out in early October, but that kept getting pushed back.  I knew that was a bad sign. 

Sure enough.  Got the rejection email today.  1.3 million tickets requested.  Jesus.

I think I'm going to start checking out women's majors (sounds like Houston is in the running for one) or the US Am.  Tired of the crowds, not seeing much golf, and with the new money deals, prices are going way up.

The US Am is a fun event to go to, especially the first 2 days of stroke play to get to the 64 in the match play field. There is typically a playoff for the last spot(s). I went to Champions in 1993 and Oakland Hills in 2002, you can see a lot of the course as the crowds are much smaller than when PGA events are hosted at these venues.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 5:59 PM, Lurch said:

Last week I had to pay off my bet that he’d beat Jacks record

Oh c'mon. Have a little faith. 

--

How about Hovland coming back from 6 down on Sunday last week to win. I didn't watch any but was surprised to see that someone besides Morkawa won it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tiger and Trevino telling each other they’re the best ball striker ever is damn good stuff. Only one other person can be in that conversation ….
 

if I was tiger, id let Charlie spend a couple of weeks at Camp Trevino 

Trevino has been waiting years and years to have that conversation with Tiger. He’s practiced it a million times. Funny that it finally happened.
  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Tiger and Trevino telling each other they’re the best ball striker ever is damn good stuff. Only one other person can be in that conversation ….

 


if I was tiger, id let Charlie spend a couple of weeks at Camp Trevino 

Lee would have Charlie out at Dallas munis, and they’d be hustling guys for money. It would be awesome. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...