2021 - 2022 Dallas Mavericks: The Vibes are Immaculate

CBT

I’d like to play Powell even less than he played tonight.  You might as well run small in his minutes because he isn’t doing anything to stop Ayton anyway. You saw the small lineup actually give Phoenix some issues. Maybe you can find something here. 

This was a grow up game. Hopefully we realize we can't coast on defense for three quarters and hope to win in the playoffs.

This is not going to be a popular opinion, but boban would bring more to the table than Powell. He'll get rebounds, put backs, and will at the very least alter shots in the paint. Make them shoot those threes. That's not how they like to play.

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

This was a grow up game. Hopefully we realize we can't coast on defense for three quarters and hope to win in the playoffs.

This is not going to be a popular opinion, but boban would bring more to the table than Powell. He'll get rebounds, put backs, and will at the very least alter shots in the paint. Make them shoot those threes. That's not how they like to play.

I don’t hate that idea for 10 minutes or so. If he can give you 6-8 points and 3-4 boards you can get away with it. 

2 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

I'm guessing more small ball lineup tonight. Maybe Maxi starts over Powell.

Yeah, I'm not really sure how much Powell can contribute this series.  We don't have anyone that can compete with Ayton in the paint but at least Maxi is a threat outside.  It's a horrible matchup for us all around but hope Kidd can come up with something for defensively to at least slow them down.

on defense the biggest difference can be made if luka wakes up on those PnRs and actually disrupts the screen setter rolling off. 

on offense, JB needs to demand the ball to initiate offense early in the shot clock.  

Yep, don’t get why the nba does this , they expect half the country to stay up till
Midnight or 1am on the east coast to watch
It's a big part of why there are eastern and western conferences. The championship games won't be late starts.

Just now, RexWilson said:

Buzzer already went off and Crowder grabs Luka's arm as he makes the half court shot. Suns play dirty 

That should definitely have been a call on Crowder. You can't grab a guy like that even if it's a dead ball. Crowder's a real bitch.