I just want to thank the Longhorn Football program

Kel Varnsen

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Not only that but we have sucked during the great rise of social media....there's nowhere to hide the suck. Used to be very few saw your suck.  Even in the heydey of ESPN in the late 90s-early aughts if you went unranked the coverage of your suck was meager to non-existent.  Now you can be unranked, have a losing record, whatever  and there are still thousands of clips of the suck, thoughts on the suck, hot takes on the suck, memes on the suck, suck suck suck....just fucking everywhere. 

We picked the absolute worst decade to suck because now more than ever once that foot gets on your throat it's damn near impossible to get it off.   

i wonder when captain caveman is going to allow us to post blowjobs in the clear

I had stuff to do with my kids today, so I didn't even see the game.  I pulled up ESPN on my phone, saw the halftime score was 14-10 and said, "just watch, Texas will completely blow this."  And sad to say, I was exactly right.  The silver lining was that I didn't have to actually witness any of it.

I kind of hate myself now for allowing myself to believe Sark would be different at the beginning of the season.  Maybe he yet will turn this thing around.  But I've pretty much reached the same level of apathy now about Texas football that I had under Turtle Tom.  I no longer plan my weekends around catching the game.  Hell, I don't even have a fucking clue who we are playing next week, except that it will probably be at eleven fucking o'clock once again, which is actually 9:00 am for me out here on the west coast.  Nope, not going to bother.  I pretty much don't give a shit at this point.  I'm more interested to see what Beard is going to do with the hoops team now.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, redswingline said:

Staff is getting out-coached at half, 3 games in a row.

Perhaps they need some time to grow/mature as a staff and make those adjustments.

However, looking at Sarks record at Washington I'm not confident in that

Outside of an early interception that lead to points and a blown coverage leading to an easy score, Baylor controlled the rest of the game.  31-10 in fact.   

• Like 1

I graduated about 20 years ago. I honestly don't associate too much with the university anymore anyway. Football was kind of the last vestige. This was the first year in over a decade that I haven't had season tickets. Thankfully i have enough maturity to pivot quickly to 'don't give a fuck' when the season went south.

I'm just here for the gangbang now.

23 hours ago, Blotto said:

Watching Longhorn football has devolved into what I imagine a colonoscopy will be like. You feel obligated to do it, although you don't really look forward to it. The exprience itself is uncomfortable. And even if it goes as well as it possibly can, its more a sense of relief, and you're just biding time until you have to suffer through it all again.

Normal schedule for colonoscopies is one every decade, so they somewhat parallel our B12 football titles.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

It’s not about the game “emotionally controlling” our lives…it is about being fucking bored by terrible football every weekend for over a decade. It’s supposed to be entertainment.

I don’t watch shitty movies or listen to terrible music so that I can enjoy the good stuff more. Wasting time watching the Texas football team trip over it’s own dick every week/year does not provide any value.

So much this.  I have better ways to spend the limited beautiful fall weekends I have left in my life than get frustrated and pissed off watching a bunch of pampered dudes shit the bed time and again.

I'll be back when we aren't shit.  Until then, better things to do with my money and my time.

I'll continue to support Burt Ends.  That is all I'm willing to "give" to this program for the foreseeable future. 

C'mon y'all.  My son (14) and I will watch every minute of every game just like my father and I *did during the 1-15 Cowboy season of '89.  Hell, I actually bled for this team once.  Boss wouldn't let me off for a game, so I dropped a case of Corona on the ground and rolled around a bit.  Boss bought the "fall", and I watched the game.

I don't understand what bailing on the school until the team improves does.  Bitch all you want, but support the team.  Ain't going to help recruiting if they see empty stadiums and no support.

*we prob listened to some due to the blackout rule.