Sark presser 11/8/2021

immamac

1 hour ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I’m not saying Card is good. But trotting out a guy to under-throw every intermediate route by 5 yards because he is injured means that Sark likely has no clue what to do now. Is he trying to prove a point by keeping him out there? I honestly have no clue.

Even if Card is bad, then just say that Thompson is out due to injury. I would be shocked that he thinks Card is so bad that we should keep an injured QB in the game when he had already made him the starter for the season opener. 

I will say that I’m just pissed that he played Bijan after an obvious injury on Saturday. To me, it is a dark red flag in a sea of red flags. 

Card is completely frozen at the controls. My guess is casey said he could go and looked good enough in warm ups. It became obvious he was not ready to go. Card should have been put in after the 2nd series.

That said card should play if casey is hurt. Casey is only slightly better when heathly.

Wonder if Wright gets a chance?. Card will look good in practice so I am guessing he goes.

59 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Or, you know, just maybe work a halfback pass into things, by god from a RB who used to be a QB? 

Sarkisian treats trick plays as Rodgers does a COVID vax.

Just another head scratcher about our coach / the season. 

Imagine if you had some kind of RPO where you throw a screen to Roschon, then he turns into VY and gets to decide how to punish the defenders in front of him.  I’m not football smart and don’t know how that would work, but I would rather see that than Card taking sacks for no reason.

Edited by Horn Dogg
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Goredho said:

We have much worse problems than the missed opportunity cost of not attempting a HB pass.

They're all problems, including a supposed offensive savant who doesn't take advantage of every possible opportunity to keep an opponent off balance and find a way to move the ball.

As fans, I can't believe we're at each others throats on a quarterback controversy that will literally have no bearing on win/loss... I mean, we're conditioned to argue about something I guess... But this is like arguing which historical bad ass pilot do you want flying a plan with no wings and failing engine... 

A. Neil Armstrong

B. Chuck Yeager

C. Pete Mitchell

D. Who cares, we're all fucked

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Or, you know, just maybe work a halfback pass into things, by god from a RB who used to be a QB? 

Sarkisian treats trick plays as Rodgers does a COVID vax.

Just another head scratcher about our coach / the season. 

Naw man, we're the only ones allowed to give up trick play TDs

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

Imagine if you had some kind of RPO where you throw a screen to Roschon, then he turns into VY and gets to decide how to punish the defenders in front of him.  I’m not football smart and don’t know how that would work, but I would rather see that than Card taking sacks for no reason.

Not trying to dog your idea because it's just a fun thought, but where do you see the blocking coming from while Roschon processes all of these pretty difficult decisions?  Brewer? Wiley? C Jones?  

If we can't play straight up on basic plays let's just forget the fancy stuff 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Not trying to dog your idea because it's just a fun thought, but where do you see the blocking coming from while Roschon processes all of these pretty difficult decisions?  Brewer? Wiley? C Jones?  

If we can't play straight up on basic plays let's just forget the fancy stuff 

Shit man, I don’t know.  I’m one of the very few people on this board that would be an even worse coach than Strong, Herman and Sark combining all their flaws into one.  I specialize more on the drinking beer and paying tight ends side of the football operation.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

As fans, I can't believe we're at each others throats on a quarterback controversy that will literally have no bearing on win/loss... I mean, we're conditioned to argue about something I guess... But this is like arguing which historical bad ass pilot do you want flying a plan with no wings and failing engine... 

A. Neil Armstrong

B. Chuck Yeager

C. Pete Mitchell

Topper Harley could fly that

• Like 1

A. Neil Armstrong
B. Chuck Yeager
C. Pete Mitchell
Inverted too7a30a404800dd003e0a51a4ffb07be99.jpg

18 hours ago, Chad said:

Maybe they should ask Sark about this :

You know, I'm totally baffled and demoralized about this team. What the hell is going on mentally with these guys is inscrutable to me. Some of it seems to be the same for Sark, and I don't know for sure that I can blame him for all or even most of it at this point. I'm honestly in the dark.

The above statistic actually indicates that Sark has put this team into position to win every game except Arkansas. He doesn't turtle despite not calling enough halfback passes (lol). Offensively, players cannot execute as you expect players at this level to execute. (Cue John McKay on execution.)

What happened at halftime of the OU game? Sure, they discovered that you could shut our passing game down down by covering Xavier and that you could exploit our poor discipline on defense by running counter options, but where did our heart go?

Sark's opening in this PC was pretty dead-on as far as I'm concerned. Demand but not demean the players. Deny self-pity. Get tougher.

If you've heard it all before, it's because not much changes in football. He can't say he's going to lose it with Josh Moore and the pussy is going to transfer. He's not giving the QB job to anybody, it's rightfully open.

I'll still say it's too early to damn Sark for all of this. I know he's "ultimately responsible." I think he does, too. 

There's just a lot of shit wrong and these issues can't all be corrected at the same time. It's just too much.

Note: I don't absolve the coaches altogether. The DL just standing up and the OL incompetence is more than worrisome. We have more experience on the OL than A&M and supposedly a comparable DL, but they're playing on a different level. I hate it, but it's true.

• Like 2