• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

7 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I wonder how many years it will take for them to realize that the same coach that landed the #4, #3, #3, and #6 classes consecutively parlayed that talent into a 5-6 record.

aggy has already shown an inability to learn from the mistakes of others.  They'll have to wait until they get 4 classes and have a losing record.  That will be tough with 3-4 cupcakes plus 2-3 SEC bottom feeders on their schedule every year but Baggins will manage somehow.

7 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

aggy has already shown an inability to learn from the mistakes of others.  They'll have to wait until they get 4 classes and have a losing record.  That will be tough with 3-4 cupcakes plus 2-3 SEC bottom feeders on their schedule every year but Baggins will manage somehow.

In this instance, aggy’s weakness is their incessant hero worship. They have always believed in a hero coming to save the day and lead der aggyland to die glory! Jimbo isn’t a transcendent personality. Just enjoy as this slow speed train wreck unfolds. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I think they finished top 4 in 1956.  Their second and last top 4 finish 

Nope, #5 in both polls.

Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and Northwestern are the only three power 5 schools not to finish in the top/final 4 in any of football, basketball, or baseball since WWII.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sirius college football channel 84 had a segment on which coach “without a NC at his current school” (basically anyone but Saban and Dabo) will be the next to win a NC.

Of course, Greg McElroy said Jimbo in 2021 or maybe even 2020. Some aggy caller (probably MeMaw disguising her voice as a man) was all-in on Jimbo and a NC in 2020.

McElroy has been all over aggy nuts for the past 5 years. 

Straight from Texags:

If we win the game, people would glaze over it "oh well the Aggies were better on paper, so they should have won, but Texas is really up and coming! look at next years recruiting class and on and on it would go.  

If we lose the game, the media spin would be in full force...see those Aggies still can't beat little brother, SEC is overrated, Texas really deserves to be in the SEC, etc etc etc. 

Does anyone outside of aggyland perceive aggy as being “big brother” right now? Does anybody believe if we lose to aggy “people will glaze over it” and we won’t get viciously lambasted by the media and other fan bases? Who TF thinks aggy is better on paper right now and should win?

Another day of aggy slaughter at the rant.

2lc01he.jpgUSA Fan
Member since May 2013
2066 posts

re: I thought A&M was rich and had classPosted on 1/30/19 at 10:31 pm to Rohan Gravy
bkm1.png
Their athletic department is terrible.

Football couldn’t win 10 games after paying some guy the equivalent of half of their endowment.
Basketball is terrible
Baseball will take their annual elimination at the hands of TCU if they even sniff a regional this year

Just terrible
This post was edited on 1/30 at 10:35 pm
CaptainBrannigan iconAuburn.gif
hpOGXKG.jpgAuburn Fan
Good Ole Rocky Top Tennessee
Member since Jan 2010
18314 posts

re: I thought A&M was rich and had classPosted on 1/31/19 at 6:18 am to Rohan Gravy
bkm1.png
quote:
thought A&M was rich and had class

Who told you this lie? We got the rejects of the SWC because of incompetent.

Solo Cam iconSaints.gif
117kvdX.jpgNew Orleans Saints Fan
Member since Sep 2015
11984 posts

re: I thought A&M was rich and had classPosted on 1/31/19 at 7:00 am to texag7
bkm1.png
quote:
You sound very masculine
Is that how you like your men faggie?

gay_am_texas_corps.jpg334A11A100000578-3548258-Johnny_Manziel-
squeeze.gif?t=1255920078
5966c1fa74c16.image.jpg
ba6a642.gif

“He looks like dog sh*t” - Spotswoode on Devin White
Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Another day of aggy slaughter at the rant.

2lc01he.jpgUSA Fan
Member since May 2013
2066 posts

re: I thought A&M was rich and had classPosted on 1/30/19 at 10:31 pm to Rohan Gravy
bkm1.png
Their athletic department is terrible.

Football couldn’t win 10 games after paying some guy the equivalent of half of their endowment.
Basketball is terrible
Baseball will take their annual elimination at the hands of TCU if they even sniff a regional this year

Just terrible
This post was edited on 1/30 at 10:35 pm

That person has obviously never been there to experience the spirit of aggyland...the friendliness, the help if you get lost, the....

Ahh fuck it who am I kidding 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Straight from Texags:

If we win the game, people would glaze over it "oh well the Aggies were better on paper, so they should have won, but Texas is really up and coming! look at next years recruiting class and on and on it would go.  

If we lose the game, the media spin would be in full force...see those Aggies still can't beat little brother, SEC is overrated, Texas really deserves to be in the SEC, etc etc etc. 

Does anyone outside of aggyland perceive aggy as being “big brother” right now? Does anybody believe if we lose to aggy “people will glaze over it” and we won’t get viciously lambasted by the media and other fan bases? Who TF thinks aggy is better on paper right now and should win?

It's hilarious.  The invitation to join and subsequent move to the SECSEC has, in their puny little minds, validated all of the awesome things they have thought about themselves since... forever.

It has NOTHING to do with actual performance on the field of play.

They are so effing impressed with themselves and all of their cool traditions and their burgeoning enrollment and the fact that JIMBO wanted to join them.  They are convinced, more than ever, that their rise to the top is absolutely inevitable.

The crash to reality will be nothing short of glorious.

NSIAP. Can’t remember if this was in the recruiting thread or here. It’s absolutely delicious to see the chest thumping up front and then the mind boggling spin at the end to cover up their tears.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-recruiting/texas-vs-texas-aandm-pissing-match-with-a-little-georgia-thrown-in-for-good-measure/81597889/page-15/

Also, it dawned on me that the tshirt fan shit is the epitome of aggy inferiority complex. Guess I figured it was more a loyalty thing, but in reality aggy knows on average they aren’t better or smarter than the average Texas fan. To inflate their worth, they focus on the tshirt fan contingent. Not because we’re disproportionately loaded with tshirt fans, but deep down they know they weren’t good enough for Texas and will never measure up. It’s an aggy-clever strawman.

638642a37d3ce07b0b45fd2600967ab1.jpg

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

Sirius college football channel 84 had a segment on which coach “without a NC at his current school” (basically anyone but Saban and Dabo) will be the next to win a NC.

Of course, Greg McElroy said Jimbo in 2021 or maybe even 2020. Some aggy caller (probably MeMaw disguising her voice as a man) was all-in on Jimbo and a NC in 2020.

McElroy has been all over aggy nuts for the past 5 years. 

I was listening this morning as well.  That aggy caller from Oklahoma made me wonder if he thinks Saban and Smart are retiring next year.  I wanted to sooooo call in as an aggy homer for the lulz but that dipshit did it for me.  He said "I dont think I have seen a turnaround like this ever" Yea, 7-6 to 9-4.  Nice expectations. 

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Straight from Texags:

Does anyone outside of aggyland perceive aggy as being “big brother” right now?

No one in the history of ever has perceived aggy as being big brother. They are and never have been big brother by any metric unless you focus on a very short window of time marked by their paying of players and being busted by the NCAA.

There is also no one who would consider us up and coming versus them. They had two good seasons in the SEC with Johnny Manziel, otherwise their last decade is every bit as futile as ours, and their schedule is padded with 3 OOC gimme games every single year. Also, they have never in their history won any game as big as the Sugar Bowl we just won.

Edited by Tex Pete

Generally speaking aggy doesn’t like the T-shirt fan because those who have absolutely no tie to the institution choose it for their own reasons. From logo’s, to success, or fuck it, maybe the color of the uniforms. It is called branding, and why you can fly to Tokyo tomorrow and see someone wearing a Texas shirt.

It is also why aggy will never organically build a fan base outside of Texas. They simply have nothing people want to associate with. They have had zero success. And as much as they hate it, are perceived as just some other school when it comes to the state of Texas.

Im sure there are at least a couple of people in CS who know this. And why they are willing to mortgage their future to win a title. Without a title they are fucked. SEC members or not.

18 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Generally speaking aggy doesn’t like the T-shirt fan because those who have absolutely no tie to the institution choose it for their own reasons. From logo’s, to success, or fuck it, maybe the color of the uniforms. It is called branding, and why you can fly to Tokyo tomorrow and see someone wearing a Texas shirt.

It is also why aggy will never organically build a fan base outside of Texas. They simply have nothing people want to associate with. They have had zero success. And as much as they hate it, are perceived as just some other school when it comes to the state of Texas.

Im sure there are at least a couple of people in CS who know this. And why they are willing to mortgage their future to win a title. Without a title they are fucked. SEC members or not.

aggy will never build a fan base outside ot Texas for the same reason BYU will never build a fan base outside of the Mormon religion - their cultures are so discordant to the rect of society that few want to change to the degree necessary to assimilate into the group.

A&M's overwhelming problem is their aggy culture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy will never build a fan base outside ot Texas for the same reason BYU will never build a fan base outside of the Mormon religion - their cultures are so discordant to the rect of society that few want to change to the degree necessary to assimilate into the group.

A&M's overwhelming problem is their aggy culture.

The idea of widespread "subway fans" is totally outdated anyway-- Notre Dame built its national fan base so many decades ago that it's not relevant to modern day college football. 

This may be useful.
DyPqZUpUUAAO9gO?format=jpg&name=small
Edit: original image didn't have UTEP
For Rice ya need to add "improved the Big 12" and "fucked over the sec sec sec" 2 times for each for a total of 5.

7e13bc16c9190f5f8879820ee0cbd21d.gif

Or did this Rice graduate (2 degrees) not have anything to do with Mizzou moving? If so then only once for "improved the Big 12" for a Rice total of 4.

If you want to make aggy look even worse you should expand the baseball qualification to top 4 as well.

TCU has 4

Rice has 3 including a National Title

And the baseball powerhouse UT Rio Grande Valley (formerly known as UT Pan American) has 1 top 4 finish in baseball.

I was listening this morning as well.  That aggy caller from Oklahoma made me wonder if he thinks Saban and Smart are retiring next year.  I wanted to sooooo call in as an aggy homer for the lulz but that dipshit did it for me.  He said "I dont think I have seen a turnaround like this ever" Yea, 7-6 to 9-4.  Nice expectations. 
If Saban and Smart retire Floriduh Gaytors will be back enough to crush aggy hopes and dreams.

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

So much improvement.. lulz. The division was also a cake walk besides Bama (who got their asses handed to them by Clemson and almost Georgia, who we beat btw). They still managed to drop to Miss State and Auburn. They went to OT and won against a team with a QB that could not throw the forward pass, and it took about 4 ref blown calls in the last minute of the game to beat LSU in SEVEN OTs. But keep doing you, aggy. 

• Like 1