• Replies 72.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Well, Tech is determined to get that vet school....

Quote:
Texas Tech University Systems Chancellor Tedd Mitchell is confident in the university's quest for a vet school in Amarillo.
"Failing for us is not an option," Mitchell told A-J Media. "This train has left the station...

The $17 million the university is asking for is for operating capital in the next two years. Mitchell said the communities have already come forward with a significant amount of money, covering much of the structural and other costs. "The community has skin in the game," Mitchell said. "We're doing everything we can to lower the bar of the commitment from the state of Texas, because we need this. For the vet school, the Amarillo community has ponied up $90 million that's by far the largest amount of money that anybody has ever poured into a project we've had at Tech... the community has come through in spades for this."

The Lubbock Chamber Political Action Committee donated $15,000 for vet school efforts last month, and Mitchell said donations are also coming from people in Midland/Odessa, and areas all over West Texas.

Funding for veterinary medicine in the Tech system was included in both the House and the Senate's proposed budgets this session, although the amounts varied significantly between the two chambers.

The House proposed a total of $17.32 million over the course of two years. The budget proposal grants Tech $7.5 million for the fiscal year ending in August 2020, and $9.85 million the following year. The House's proposal goes on to say Tech is authorized to use the veterinary funds, "to initiate curriculum design and development, basic science faculty recruitment, and commencement of organization and other processes necessary to attain accreditation of the four-year veterinary medicine program."

The Senate's budget draft shows only $4.17 million over the course of two years for veterinary medicine at Tech. The proposed budget grants Tech a little over $2 million per year the next two years.

Mitchell said the state first recognized the need as early as 1971 when the Texas College and University System Coordinating Board voted to approve Tech's proposal to establish a school of veterinary medicine. Mitchell said the state in 1915 had one veterinary school and one medical school now the state has 11 medical schools (going on 14), and still only one vet school.

"The state is blessed," Mitchell said. "We have one of the world's best vet schools in College Station ... the state has just long-since outgrown the capacity of one system to do it. This has never been, for us, Tech vs. A&M. Clearly there's a need."

"We're asking for a small amount of money," Mitchell said. "We're not asking for this among a list of a million other things. Our communities have stepped up superbly to help, and we're here to let them know we're serious about success."

The Tech System was appropriated a little over $4 million this past session for veterinary medicine. Securing state dollars is expected to be a contentious issue this session as opposition comes from Texas A&M University System, the home of the only veterinary school in the state.

Mitchell will be in Austin on Feb. 13 to testify in front of state lawmakers.

16 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

"misfired" = forgot to chamber a round or disengage the safety.

Or scared, and nervous and fumbled and dropped it, or carried it Barney Fife style....no bullets in gun.

Don't folks of his "caliber" have elaborate alarm systems, video surveillance and the such?

SWIDT?

Edited by SHOOTER12

This guy is a regular aggy war hero.  From his regent bio:

While at Texas A&M, he served as a Battalion Commander in the Corps of Cadets. Upon graduation, Mr. Buzbee was named a Distinguished Naval Graduate, Distinguished Student and was recognized as the Outstanding NROTC Senior in the Corps of Cadets, as well as the Outstanding Commander in the Corps of Cadets. The Buzbee Leadership Learning Center, located on the Quad, is named in his honor.

Mr. Buzbee served in the United States Marine Corps in the Persian Gulf and Somalian conflicts, earning the rank of Captain, where he received various awards including the prestigious Navy Commendation Medal.

batallion commander and distinguished naval graduate and he watched people steal all his stuff from his home while his weapon malfunctioned?

there are only two possibilities - his military training left him inadequately prepared for action; or he’s runnin a scam.

3 minutes ago, CoTex said:

While at Texas A&M, he served as a Battalion Commander in the Corps of Cadets. Upon graduation, Mr. Buzbee was named a Distinguished Naval Graduate, Distinguished Student and was recognized as the Outstanding NROTC Senior in the Corps of Cadets, as well as the Outstanding Commander in the Corps of Cadets. The Buzbee Leadership Learning Center, located on the Quad, is named in his honor.

Mr. Buzbee served in the United States Marine Corps in the Persian Gulf and Somalian conflicts, earning the rank of Captain, where he received various awards including the prestigious Navy Commendation Medal.

batallion commander and distinguished naval graduate and he watched people steal all his stuff from his home while his weapon malfunctioned?

there are only two possibilities - his military training left him inadequately prepared for action; or he’s runnin a scam.

Giant fake army pussy about covers it.

• Like 1

This morning at 6 am I awoke to find that at least one individual, perhaps two, were in my home. Also in my home was were my son and daughter. Luckily, I was armed, and ran the subject out of my home, and but for the fact that my weapon misfired, I would have shot one of them. We are still trying to determine what all these scumbags stole from me, but the most important thing to me is that my kids weren't hurt. We live in a dangerous world. I'm a bit shaken up by this, and as I'm sure anyone knows who has went gone through this, don't feel exactly safe in my own home.

Nice aggy edumication.  What kind of shitty gun does he have?  I've been shooting for over 50 years and have never had a misfire.

• Like 1

Your daily moment of zen.

Reveille IX[edit]
Reveille IX was officially announced by Texas A&M University on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 and assumed her role on May 9, 2015. Reveille IX was donated by Overland Collies, based in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, a Cleveland suburb. The establishment’s owners, Marcy and Mike Fine, are typically well-represented among finalists at the annual Collie Nationals.[28] Reveille IX maintains a Twitter following where she tweets about 'her aggies'.[29]

Daily life[edit]
Reveille is officially cared for by Corps of Cadets Company E-2, known as the "mascot company", and the 1959 successor to A Quartermaster Co. A sophomore in the unit is designated the "mascot corporal" and has ultimate responsibility for her care. Reveille accompanies the mascot corporal everywhere, including to class and on dates.[30]

Reveille is considered a cadet general and the highest-ranking member in the Corps of Cadets. To designate her rank, Reveille wears five diamonds on her maroon-and-white blanket.[30] Freshmen cadets are required to address her as "Miss Rev, ma'am."[5]Reveille is the only canine on campus, other than service animals, that is permitted to enter any campus building.[30] It is a widely held tradition that if Reveille decides to sleep on a cadet's bed, that cadet is required to sleep on the floor. However, in reality, she is constantly under the care of her handler and is not permitted to freely roam the dormitory or campus. This tradition likely applied only to the first Reveille.[31] By tradition, if she barks in class, that session is cancelled.[32] Reveille has her own cell phone, operated by the mascot corporal, and her own student identification card.[33]

Texas A&M maintains a cemetery on campus where all of the past Reveilles are buried. Reveilles I through IV were buried side-by-side in a small cemetery in front of Kyle Field with their noses and paws pointed so that they could look through the north tunnel and see the stadium scoreboard. This way, "they can always watch the Aggies outscore their opponent on the field."[30]

In 1997, the university decided to expand Kyle Field and build the Bernard C. Richardson Zone at the north end of the stadium. This necessitated the removal of the cemetery. After meeting with representatives of the Traditions Council, Student Senate, and E-2, the athletic department decided to create a temporary cemetery across the street in Cain Park. Upon completion of the stadium addition in 1999, the graves were relocated to a permanent cemetery at the new, tree-lined Richardson Zone Plaza.[30] Since the recent additions blocked the gravesites' view of Kyle Field, a miniature scoreboard was constructed on the outside of the stadium so that the dead mascots can still watch the Aggies play.[34]

[âIMG]

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, THEHORN5561 said:

Your daily moment of zen.

Reveille IX[edit]
Reveille IX was officially announced by Texas A&M University on Tuesday, March 10, 2015 and assumed her role on May 9, 2015. Reveille IX was donated by Overland Collies, based in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, a Cleveland suburb. The establishment’s owners, Marcy and Mike Fine, are typically well-represented among finalists at the annual Collie Nationals.[28] Reveille IX maintains a Twitter following where she tweets about 'her aggies'.[29]

Daily life[edit]
Reveille is officially cared for by Corps of Cadets Company E-2, known as the "mascot company", and the 1959 successor to A Quartermaster Co. A sophomore in the unit is designated the "mascot corporal" and has ultimate responsibility for her care. Reveille accompanies the mascot corporal everywhere, including to class and on dates.[30]

Reveille is considered a cadet general and the highest-ranking member in the Corps of Cadets. To designate her rank, Reveille wears five diamonds on her maroon-and-white blanket.[30] Freshmen cadets are required to address her as "Miss Rev, ma'am."[5]Reveille is the only canine on campus, other than service animals, that is permitted to enter any campus building.[30] It is a widely held tradition that if Reveille decides to sleep on a cadet's bed, that cadet is required to sleep on the floor. However, in reality, she is constantly under the care of her handler and is not permitted to freely roam the dormitory or campus. This tradition likely applied only to the first Reveille.[31] By tradition, if she barks in class, that session is cancelled.[32] Reveille has her own cell phone, operated by the mascot corporal, and her own student identification card.[33]

Texas A&M maintains a cemetery on campus where all of the past Reveilles are buried. Reveilles I through IV were buried side-by-side in a small cemetery in front of Kyle Field with their noses and paws pointed so that they could look through the north tunnel and see the stadium scoreboard. This way, "they can always watch the Aggies outscore their opponent on the field."[30]

In 1997, the university decided to expand Kyle Field and build the Bernard C. Richardson Zone at the north end of the stadium. This necessitated the removal of the cemetery. After meeting with representatives of the Traditions Council, Student Senate, and E-2, the athletic department decided to create a temporary cemetery across the street in Cain Park. Upon completion of the stadium addition in 1999, the graves were relocated to a permanent cemetery at the new, tree-lined Richardson Zone Plaza.[30] Since the recent additions blocked the gravesites' view of Kyle Field, a miniature scoreboard was constructed on the outside of the stadium so that the dead mascots can still watch the Aggies play.[34]

[âIMG]

What if revelly interrupts a gay lovemaking session between cadets? Is one asked to wait outside?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoTex said:

While at Texas A&M, he served as a Battalion Commander in the Corps of Cadets. Upon graduation, Mr. Buzbee was named a Distinguished Naval Graduate Navel Gazer.

He is truly outstanding in his field.

3 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

If I was aggy, first off I would kill myself, secondly I would just let this go and talk about our own class. Continuing to whine about this doesn’t make them look good to anyone. Especially when they’re gonna be chirping about these same recruiting ratings next decent commit they get

19 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

If I was aggy, first off I would kill myself, secondly I would just let this go and talk about our own class. Continuing to whine about this doesn’t make them look good to anyone. Especially when they’re gonna be chirping about these same recruiting ratings next decent commit they get

Oh my my.  Poor poor pitiful little whiney aggy.  Never ends.

"One fine day as I was a-walkin' down the street
Spied a beggar man with rags upon his feet
Took a penny from my pocket
In his tin cup I did drop it
I heard him say as I made my retreat
"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"
"May an elephant caress you with his toes"
"May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose"
"May the bird of paradise fly up your nose"

Poor poor aggy.
Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

Luke Leifker

[IMG] 

I am a high school student in the USA who loves football (both high school and college) and football recruiting. I currently work on the film crew as I’ve had multiple breaks to my right leg, and I hope to become a coach in the future. My plan is to attend Texas A&M University. Gig’em!

I love working with animals as well and I have a dog named Joanie. I also play the piano, am gay, and a vegetarian. Politics interest me as well, and I consider myself to be a Libertarian.

Image result for laugh gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

too late

45 minutes ago, THEHORN5561 said:

Luke Leifker

[IMG] 

I am a high school student in the USA who loves football (both high school and college) and football recruiting. I currently work on the film crew as I’ve had multiple breaks to my right leg, and I hope to become a coach in the future. My plan is to attend Texas A&M University. Gig’em!

I love working with animals as well and I have a dog named Joanie. I also play the piano, am gay, and a vegetarian. Politics interest me as well, and I consider myself to be a Libertarian.

https://www.quora.com/profile/Luke-Leifker

Honestly I thought you made up that second paragraph as a sick joke. This dude is publicly a gay, piano-playing, vegetarian, libertarian aggy wannabe. He could not possibly fit in there less.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, THEHORN5561 said:

Luke Leifker

[IMG] 

The dog's tongue is like that because it just finished licking skippy peanut butter off of his testicles.

• Like 1