Bluey Megathread

atomheartbevo

On 7/18/2022 at 9:47 AM, Trey3216 said:

IT'll change your whole day when the little one starts dancing to the intro song as soon as it fires up.  Puts a smile on your face right quick.  

Mine is about 11 months now and we’ve put it on for a while now if we need to keep him occupied for a few minutes, even if he doesn’t really follow. If he’s fussy, the first move is “Alexa., play Bluey theme song.” Immediate smile and clapping ensues. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 10:25 AM, MAUFRAIS said:

Bandit seems unemployed.

Bandit is an archaeologist (digs for bones) and Chili works airport security. 

we have family in Australia so the show spoke to us from day 1. Aussies are very proud of their export. Also, they really do call dachshunds “sausage dogs” over there. Hammerbarn isn’t real though. 

The kids love playing Keepy Uppy, Featherwand, Veranda Santa and many more of the games. 

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Well, now my children have started calling me Big Fella. 

Same. Last year it was "dude".  3yo now says "for real life" pretty regularly as well. 

"Faceytalk" has to be the best episode yet. I nearly pissed myself laughing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t believe I just found this thread. Feels like there should more of us talking about it!  Our 2.5 yr old loves it. Part of our morning routine. Of course she now wants new Bluey, instead of watching the older episodes on at 7am. Have to pull up Disney + for a few.  Wife and I have our favorites but the double Bluey/Bingo episode never fails to make our kid crack up with the Bingo annoying face.  She definitely loves bingo more than Bluey.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Bluey coming in with 10 new episodes July 12th (not sure if all at once)

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

354053612_585601670373257_67007102035155

Episodes spoilered just in case.

Spoiler
  • MUSICAL STATUES – At the end of a long day, Bluey and her family are out of sync and out of sorts, so Mum gets everyone to play musical statues.
  • STORIES – Bingo pretends to be Bluey’s new employee in the middle of Dad’s backyard workout!
  • PUPPETS – Bluey and Bingo teach Unicorse good manners so he can ask Mum on a date, but things go sideways when Unicorse eats a tick.
  • TURTLE BOY – Bingo finds a toy turtle at the playground and wants to take him home, but Dad says it’s not the done thing.
  • ONESIES – When Mum’s sister Brandy comes over for a visit, she brings the kids onesies as a present, which has an unexpected effect on Bingo!
  • TRADIES – Bluey and Bingo hide under the house and spy on two mysterious tradies working in the backyard.
  • GRANNY MOBILE – Muffin is playing Grouchy Granny on an old mobility scooter at a garage sale, but a real granny wants to buy it!
  • SPACE – Mackenzie, Jack and Rusty are playing as astronauts on a mission to Mars. But Mackenzie keeps going missing and no one knows why!
  • DIRT – Judo wants to play in the dirt with Bluey and Bingo, but she’s not supposed to get dirty!
  • THE DECIDER – The Heelers and Lucky’s family get together to watch the big game!

The new episodes include cameos from well-known Bluey fans, including Lin-Manuel Miranda, who appears as a talking horse in the episode “Stories,” and Rose Byrne, who plays Chilli’s sister Brandy in “Onesies.”

Rose Byrne?

Obi Wan Hello GIF by Star Wars

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I knew nothing about Bluey except as a toy character. Babysat the 8,5, and 4 year old granddaughters last week and they anted to watch Bluey. It was great! So fucking funny and so much expression in such simple animation. They all live Bingo.

We watch a couple hours then I showed the wife. Illl watch these new ones. One really got me. Dad had Bluey and bingo in the car and they were grilling him and he entertained them with the windshield washer. Then dumping paper at the recycler and Bluey saw a couple of papers fall out which were her pictures. The whole box. Bluey of course expected all of them kept. We have boxes of my sons papers in the garage. He is 42.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, hornian said:

And my kids have watched all of the 3x. 

We watched one episode, the Cricket one where the kid's dad is in the military and at some foreign base.  The kids have hinted at it in past episodes where they play soldier.

I kind of want to know more about the Blueyverse and where some of the adults are off fighting overseas.

• Like 1

Here’s what was censored in the Exercise episode - it was the opening

• Bandit steps on the scale, sighs
  • Bluey hiding in the tub asks whats wrong
  • Bandit says he needs to exercise, while looking sad in the mirror
  • Bluey says why don't you
  • Bandit: same reason as always, kids and work
  • Bluey says do it now
  • Bandit: I'll be late for work ....
  • Finally they agree that their boss wants him happy which means to exercise for 10 minutes before work.
  • Bonus, Chili steps on the scale and also sighs.

On 1/12/2024 at 9:22 PM, atomheartbevo said:

We watched one episode, the Cricket one where the kid's dad is in the military and at some foreign base.  The kids have hinted at it in past episodes where they play soldier.

I kind of want to know more about the Blueyverse and where some of the adults are off fighting overseas.

That's a great episode. Liked the message and it's one my kids need to hear. I interpreted it as Afghanistan. His letter said it's super hot. Not sure Australia sent people to Iraq, but definitely Afghanistan.

21 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Haha ditto again. The 4yo did the same in the living room. Luckily my wife is a throw blanket hoarder

Isn't every wife a throw blanket hoarder?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tokamak said:

That's a great episode. Liked the message and it's one my kids need to hear. I interpreted it as Afghanistan. His letter said it's super hot. Not sure Australia sent people to Iraq, but definitely Afghanistan.

They sent people to Afghanistan.

I loved that the dads respected Rusty for his skills and they all respected him as a kid/person for hitting it up for his sister   

Not gonna lie, it was amazing at the end when Rusty met his future self.  I don’t think my kid understood the significance of him meeting his future self and also that his future self would be the equivalent of Michael Jordan or Tom Brady.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

7 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Muffin needs a serious ass whooping. 

Bluey-S2E42-Muffin-Cone-004.jpg

Also, even though we've seen all the new ones multiple times, my daughter finally just realized the 3rd time around that Dragon is about Chili losing her mom at a really early age.

Matthew Broderick GIF

• Like 1

On 1/14/2024 at 1:43 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Here’s what was censored in the Exercise episode - it was the opening

• Bandit steps on the scale, sighs
  • Bluey hiding in the tub asks whats wrong
  • Bandit says he needs to exercise, while looking sad in the mirror
  • Bluey says why don't you
  • Bandit: same reason as always, kids and work
  • Bluey says do it now
  • Bandit: I'll be late for work ....
  • Finally they agree that their boss wants him happy which means to exercise for 10 minutes before work.
  • Bonus, Chili steps on the scale and also sighs.

Is there more to the stickbird episode? They never explain what Bandit is all bummed about.

My wife and I had the same question. We finally agreed it doesn’t matter. It was something he was upset about and holding on to, even on vacation. We all have so much shit to deal with, we just need to let it go sometimes and enjoy the moments we get with our family instead of missing it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Is there more to the stickbird episode? They never explain what Bandit is all bummed about.

There’s speculation that he lost his dad or is about to.  Bluey mega fans are nuts and tracked stuff about all of the relatives and the grandpa had stopped making appearances and there were comments about him having health issues.  Also, Bandit and the kids ended up at the cemetery in one of the new episodes when he ignored the GPS directions and he had an odd look on his face.  Plus he’s clearly feeing middle-aged.  

There’s some massive 28-minute episode that hasn’t dropped anywhere  yet and the speculation is that it’s about his dad’s death.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

• 2 months later...
On 8/16/2022 at 7:50 AM, Pig Bellmont said:

Well, now my children have started calling me Big Fella. 

-Big Blue guy

-ending sentences with "Baaaaaabe" in the bluey/bingo voice

-Not just yet 

-Hooray!!  when we tell them we're doing something

countless other sayings as well have entered their vernacular.  Cracks me up everytime.   

On 1/14/2024 at 9:25 AM, atomheartbevo said:

They sent people to Afghanistan.

I loved that the dads respected Rusty for his skills and they all respected him as a kid/person for hitting it up for his sister   

Not gonna lie, it was amazing at the end when Rusty met his future self.  I don’t think my kid understood the significance of him meeting his future self and also that his future self would be the equivalent of Michael Jordan or Tom Brady.  

The episode of McKenzie going into the black hole damn near made me cry.  He gets to the other side as a young McKenzie and is crying for his mom.  Calypso tells him she's "right over there, don't be afraid.  Now you don't have to keep coming back to this place because you know she's there" 

-like a sledge hammer....Had to explain to the wife that McKenzie's mom had passed away when he was young, and he's going back to that place to find her.  Got Damn  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/17/2024 at 8:06 AM, atomheartbevo said:

There’s speculation that he lost his dad or is about to.  Bluey mega fans are nuts and tracked stuff about all of the relatives and the grandpa had stopped making appearances and there were comments about him having health issues.  Also, Bandit and the kids ended up at the cemetery in one of the new episodes when he ignored the GPS directions and he had an odd look on his face.  Plus he’s clearly feeing middle-aged.  

There’s some massive 28-minute episode that hasn’t dropped anywhere  yet and the speculation is that it’s about his dad’s death.  

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 10.46.04 PM.jpeg

• Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...