Bluey Megathread

atomheartbevo

One of the greatest parenting shows on TV, and kids seem to enjoy it.  Not many parenting shows that are rated "Y" show passed-out drunk adults, dads taking it in the nuts, beer in the fridge, parents having their kids piss and shit in the bushes when there's not a bathroom around, etc.

Season 3 coming out tomorrow in Australia.

And once again, a dad takes it in the nuts in the trailer.

If you've never watched it and have little kids, watch the above clip.  Two minutes of a parent's nightmare.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

At what age do the kids actually get into and appreciate this? I’ve tried it for my 2.5 year old and he could care less. I think maybe he doesn’t get it or has trouble understanding their accents.

All he wants is Paw Patrol and it’s killing me. I’m trying to push some other stuff for variety but nothing else sticks. 

10 hours ago, Frank The Tank said:

At what age do the kids actually get into and appreciate this? I’ve tried it for my 2.5 year old and he could care less. I think maybe he doesn’t get it or has trouble understanding their accents.

All he wants is Paw Patrol and it’s killing me. I’m trying to push some other stuff for variety but nothing else sticks. 

One of my favorites for the kids around that time was Tumble Leaf on Amazon Prime - it's stop-motion and it's amazing.  It was winning all of the awards when it was new, and it has four seasons.

PBS Kids App, both tablets and TV, has a bunch of PBS kids content.  Sesame Street is about the right age.

Another Amazon original - Give a Mouse a Cookie series - the music and the animals might captivate them.

• Like 1

I learned about Bluey here on the Blippi thread. The kids like it but we 100% watch it more for ourselves than for them.

Probably once a month my wife and I will turn it on after we put the kids in bed and play drinking games to it. We were actually Bandit and Chilli for halloween. They are our spirit animals.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

I've stated it in other threads, but Bluey is the best kids' show I've ever seen.   We've seen every episode of Seasons 1&2 at least 4-5 times with our girls (we watch them in the "onboarding" process in the mornings, 3-4 at a time since they're roughly 6-8 minutes).  The games they play, the life lessons we can actually learn as parents, all top notch.  I've put the girls to bed before and found myself finishing off a whiskey beverage by myself watching a few episodes.  Caught the wife watching them on her phone in the bath once.  Show just hits differently.  So well done.  So funny.  So loving.  Truly great tv.  

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I've stated it in other threads, but Bluey is the best kids' show I've ever seen.   We've seen every episode of Seasons 1&2 at least 4-5 times with our girls (we watch them in the "onboarding" process in the mornings, 3-4 at a time since they're roughly 6-8 minutes).  The games they play, the life lessons we can actually learn as parents, all top notch.  I've put the girls to bed before and found myself finishing off a whiskey beverage by myself watching a few episodes.  Caught the wife watching them on her phone in the bath once.  Show just hits differently.  So well done.  So funny.  So loving.  Truly great tv.  

My daughter watched the Grandad episode with my dad, and holy fuck, the feels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

My daughter watched the Grandad episode with my dad, and holy fuck, the feels.

We had a big extended family gathering for the 4th (1-3 obviously) and we had red, white and blue balloons we blew up for the kiddos.  We had a pretty mean game of "Keepy Uppy" going after a bit.  Naturally, it was one of us parents who even mentioned the words followed by a chorus of giggles from the rest of us.  

On 7/15/2022 at 6:05 PM, Celery Man said:

Started watching these with the little baby, can’t wait for the soon to come day when she can enjoy them with me

IT'll change your whole day when the little one starts dancing to the intro song as soon as it fires up.  Puts a smile on your face right quick.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Bluey rules. Reminds us so much of our own family (we have 2 girls that were 5 and 2 when we started watching).

Daniel Tiger is a better show in terms of what the kids get out of it, but Bluey is by far the most entertaining for the whole family.

I try to mix in Creative Galaxy and Sid the Science Kid because I think the learning content is good.  My girls are more into Lion Guard and T.O.T.S on Disney+.  But Bluey is the one we all agree on.

Edited by Snake Diggity

There’s some science show where this one gal with a rockin’ bod does experiments with kids as helpers.

It’s like a dream come true if your dream was to fuck Mr. Wizard but you just couldn’t get over the fact that he was an old man.

7 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

There’s some science show where this one gal with a rockin’ bod does experiments with kids as helpers.

It’s like a dream come true if your dream was to fuck Mr. Wizard but you just couldn’t get over the fact that he was an old man.

Are you talking about Emily’s Wonder Lab on Netflix? I’m not exactly into super preggo women, but I’m not here to kink shame either

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Bluey rules. Reminds us so much of our own family (we have 2 girls that were 5 and 2 when we started watching).

Daniel Tiger is a better show in terms of what the kids get out of it, but Bluey is by far the most entertaining for the whole family.

I try to mix in Creative Galaxy and Sid the Science Kid because I think the learning content is good.  My girls are more into Lion Guard and T.O.T.S on Disney+.  But Bluey is the one we all agree on.

We've started with Sid the Science Kid as well.  Mine are a little young for it right now, but they pay attention.   

• 4 weeks later...