Fightin’ Mike Gundys vs land thieves

XYZ

14 minutes ago, texastroubadour said:

Not random. UT Austin alum and lifetime Longhorn fan. So crawl back into your hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can kindly go fuck yourself.

You’re surprised to find OSU fans discussing OSU in the Bedlam game thread? You seem highly regarded.

35 minutes ago, n64ra said:

Final CFP rankings:

1. UGA
  2. UM
  3. OSU
  4. UC

That way UGA only massacres OSU in the second round.

Gotta beat Baylor first, they’re a fundamentally sound, tough defensive team who will be motivated to play spoiler.  It’d be very OSU of us to drop this game since everyone seems to think it’s foregone.  

16 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

You can kindly go fuck yourself.

You’re surprised to find OSU fans discussing OSU in the Bedlam game thread? You seem highly regarded.

233 posts and I bet 225 are him being an asshole.  He's the definition of "not worth the time".  Fuck him in his random ass.  

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

No shit. Some random asshole comes in here telling us to go back to where we came from. Actually, I’m going to guess he uses that phrase IRL at least weekly.

I say it all the time.  You would too if you drove in Houston traffic?  Are you East Texas or something? Did that traffic light befuddle you?  Go back to Baton Rouge if you love it so much!  Who the fuck let you out of college station?   Oh look, you left lubbock so you could be a dumbfuck on our roads? fuck off fuckface!    Go back to where you came from!  Condemn your own seats next time!  TCfuckU.   Goddamn Dallas fucks, pull up <2 bus lengths to the car in front of you.  Oh Conroe, nice shiny truck, now suck my ass.   Suck a werewolf's ass fucking jerk.  Rock over London.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Go Pokes said:

233 posts and I bet 225 are him being an asshole.  He's the definition of "not worth the time".  Fuck him in his random ass.  

My personal metric around here is Post:Rep ratio…post or rep count in a vacuum doesn’t let you really gauge how seriously to take a poster.  

Somewhere around 1:1 = decent poster who probably thinks regularly before contributing 

Guys like RD Canecutter aren’t top 10 in raw rep but crack my shit up regularly and his post:rep ratio shows it.  

This guy falls well below the 1:0.5 ratio, aka The Hugo Line…draw from that what you will

Edited by Homercles
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Homercles said:

Gotta beat Baylor first, they’re a fundamentally sound, tough defensive team who will be motivated to play spoiler.  It’d be very OSU of us to drop this game since everyone seems to think it’s foregone.  

And I hope you do.

4 hours ago, Homercles said:

I'm expecting something very similar to the game in Stillwater. If we're starting the Frosh QB it could be ugly. 

Jesus. Will you look at this pathetic aggy shit? The only saving grace is that the comments are 100% against the score on the back. aggy would be buying this shit by the gross for friends and family. They’d wear it for their Xmas card pic. I dig the front

0037f4a91a0fc8d83e0fb19ab06fc7b3.jpg

I gotta find the original tweet again with the front. But this is the back of it.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, n64ra said:

Final CFP rankings:

1. UGA
  2. UM
  3. OSU
  4. UC

That way UGA only massacres OSU in the second round.

OSU is just freerolling anyway. I think "not losing to Kansas" was their 2021 season goal.

hope.jpg

Edited by Doze
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Thank you and we apologize for the aggy shirt. If you see anyone wearing it, punch them in the face.

The shirt is the shirt. First Ok St win in so many year so fans should get to celebrate.

The Pokes have among the top 5 coaches in the country. Gundy's no longer 40, but he's still only 54. I'm surprised that his name didn't get mentioned in the FL or LSU searches.

• Hook 'Em 1

The shirt is the shirt. First Ok St win in so many year so fans should get to celebrate.
The Pokes have among the top 5 coaches in the country. Gundy's no longer 40, but he's still only 54. I'm surprised that his name didn't get mentioned in the FL or LSU searches.

What are the biggest jobs open right now? Gundy could be available as early as Saturday afternoon. I can’t see him leaving, but I couldn’t see a lot of things that have happened this week. Hopefully we win tomorrow and it’s a moot point. Nobody will want to wait that long.

6 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

What are the biggest jobs open right now? Gundy could be available as early as Saturday afternoon. I can’t see him leaving, but I couldn’t see a lot of things that have happened this week. Hopefully we win tomorrow and it’s a moot point. Nobody will want to wait that long.

OU and ND are the two big openings right now. Would be comedy to see two playoff teams (Cincy and Ok St) without coaches because their coaches left to take jobs at school the respective schools beat that same season (Fickell from Cincy to ND and Mike Gundy from Ok St to OU). Not that I'm wishing for either, but it would cap the absurdity that is this season.

Everyone assumes Cale Gundy will stay at OU, but if doesn't like the new OU head coach, he's not even being mentioned as a possible candidate, I wonder if he could end up in Stillwater?

4 hours ago, quigley said:

Everyone assumes Cale Gundy will stay at OU, but if doesn't like the new OU head coach, he's not even being mentioned as a possible candidate, I wonder if he could end up in Stillwater?

I'm convinced Cale has some dirt on someone and it has secured him a lifetime deal. He's been a position coach for 22 years, never promoted to coordinator. He's a piece of furniture at this point, he stays with the house. As much as it makes sense for him to hook up with Mike, I just can't see it happening. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I'm convinced Cale has some dirt on someone and it has secured him a lifetime deal. He's been a position coach for 22 years, never promoted to coordinator. He's a piece of furniture at this point, he stays with the house. As much as it makes sense for him to hook up with Mike, I just can't see it happening. 

Yeah, I've never quite understood his deal. I honestly couldn't even tell you what he looks like, it's just a name that comes up all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen him on TV or in any news article. A few years ago Mike was asked about OU's running backs and he said something about how they're poorly coached with a shit eating grin on his face, seems like a fun relationship. He's also said that their not allowed to talk football at Thanksgiving. 

Edited by 'stache

11 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

The two biggest openings are Oklahoma and Notre Dame. Gundy to Oklahoma could actually trigger the apocalypse. 

anigif_enhanced-24188-1393279352-10.gif

I think Gundy's settled into that unique group of coaches who like where they are and don't want to move. A school like Oklahoma State doesn't get the blinding, annoying spotlight, but their name is good enough to make the playoffs with a successful campaign. 

It may be my "poors" attitude, but after you're making $5 million a year or so, the extra money is often for bragging rights. If you can't prepare for retirement with that salary, it's a money management problem, not a salary problem. 

Course, you never say never, cause anytime rumors come up, it's a possibility of a contract extension or salary bump for you, and if somebody legit approaches you with an offer, you have to listen. 

However, most of these coaching rumors don't spring up out of thin air, although some do. The only thing stupider than a journalist is a sports journalist. The "out of thin air" projections are from people who see a hot coach and say, "Hey! He once fucked a girl from South Bend. Notre Dame's going after him for sure."

A lot of these rumors, though, are planted by agents to try and build impetus. Max Engel pitching Sonny Dykes for Oklahoma HAD to have been planted by his agent. 

Final note: Lincoln Riley's handling of the situation shows exactly why you should never believe a coach. They can come up with 99 ways to lie without actually lying. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

The two biggest openings are Oklahoma and Notre Dame. Gundy to Oklahoma could actually trigger the apocalypse. 

anigif_enhanced-24188-1393279352-10.gif

I think Gundy's settled into that unique group of coaches who like where they are and don't want to move. A school like Oklahoma State doesn't get the blinding, annoying spotlight, but their name is good enough to make the playoffs with a successful campaign. 

It may be my "poors" attitude, but after you're making $5 million a year or so, the extra money is often for bragging rights. If you can't prepare for retirement with that salary, it's a money management problem, not a salary problem. 

Course, you never say never, cause anytime rumors come up, it's a possibility of a contract extension or salary bump for you, and if somebody legit approaches you with an offer, you have to listen. 

However, most of these coaching rumors don't spring up out of thin air, although some do. The only thing stupider than a journalist is a sports journalist. The "out of thin air" projections are from people who see a hot coach and say, "Hey! He once fucked a girl from South Bend. Notre Dame's going after him for sure."

A lot of these rumors, though, are planted by agents to try and build impetus. Max Engel pitching Sonny Dykes for Oklahoma HAD to have been planted by his agent. 

Final note: Lincoln Riley's handling of the situation shows exactly why you should never believe a coach. They can come up with 99 ways to lie without actually lying. 

I think Gundy is finally comfortable with the administration. We've also starting putting up statues, first Boone now Barry. He's in statute territory now and to me you don't jump at this point unless someone really pisses you off. He's admitted he and Holder butted heads a lot but he seems to do fine with the new AD and school president. I also don't think he'd ever jump to OU. All of his flirtations have been with the SEC as far as I can recall, and I don't see him thinking OU is the same as LSU or Florida even with the move.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, &#x27;stache said:

I think Gundy is finally comfortable with the administration. We've also starting putting up statues, first Boone now Barry. He's in statute territory now and to me you don't jump at this point unless someone really pisses you off. He's admitted he and Holder butted heads a lot but he seems to do fine with the new AD and school president. I also don't think he'd ever jump to OU. All of his flirtations have been with the SEC as far as I can recall, and I don't see him thinking OU is the same as LSU or Florida even with the move.

I keep forgetting about the new AD and President, both of which he really seems to enjoy working with.  If we resign Knowles and all these super seniors who got an extra year to play come back like they are saying , Gundy leaving would be an incredible out of left field Fuck You to OSU.  He isn't going anywhere.  But if he ever is, this is probably the fucking week/month it would happen.  Fucking insane that we had two coaches decide to leave Notre Dame and OU for another college HC job.  

1 hour ago, &#x27;stache said:

Yeah, I've never quite understood his deal. I honestly couldn't even tell you what he looks like, it's just a name that comes up all the time, but I don't think I've ever seen him on TV or in any news article.

He looks like that little kid that sings for New Kids on the Block

4 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

I keep forgetting about the new AD and President, both of which he really seems to enjoy working with.  

If you haven't watched yet, I'd highly recommend watching Gundy's press conference from Monday. He talks at length about his vision for the program and also his relationship with the new president and AD, being VERY positive on the latter. I've never heard him talk this candidly on either of the topics in the past. It's pretty interesting. 

I mean, anything is possible these days, but this is as relaxed and content as I've ever seen Gundy. He wasn't even like this in 2011.

Edited by oSuJeff97

58 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

If you haven't watched yet, I'd highly recommend watching Gundy's press conference from Monday. He talks at length about his vision for the program and also his relationship with the new president and AD, being VERY positive on the latter. I've never heard him talk this candidly on either of the topics in the past. It's pretty interesting. 

I mean, anything is possible these days, but this is as relaxed and content as I've ever seen Gundy. He wasn't even like this in 2011.

That was pretty inspiring as an OSU fan to hear someone talk about those kind of goals.  We always aspired to that, but really, it was more of a pipe dream.   We weren't really interested in making the investment to be great.  We made a huge investment to get good, but never that 2nd push.  This sounds like he's got the support to give it a real shot.  Though if we don't resign Knowles, that would be a really bad start.  

14 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Baylor homer radio show here in Waco started this afternoon with the Cowboys network radio call from the Poke/OU game as the clock went zero. 

:) 

If you're a BU fan, that video he posted has some BU stuff around 10:00 mark.  That's where he says all the nice things about your coach and program.  

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, &#x27;stache said:

Dave Hunziker is a gem. A nerdy one, but a gem, to us at least. 

He sounded like he was really, really enjoying himself. Our own radio homer had some pretty good reactions to the Bear's wins over Horns and OU this year. Unfortunately our guy absolutely sucks at calling the game of football and the whole show is a beating. Weird thing is he does a pretty good job at basketball. 

He did also have an interview with John Holcomb today, Holcomb was on his was from Tulsa back to Stillwater. 

Good luck on Saturday. 

20 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Here’s the tweet

Meh, it's not a particularly "aggy" thing to do these. Quick search found this from UM. Someone's always looking to make a buck. I bought a 16-13 shirt from the 2001 game. I was a sophomore and it was kind of a big deal.

image.png.2d5f4c3f1f7ce542f7dc8fa1946654b9.png

17 hours ago, &#x27;stache said:

Meh, it's not a particularly "aggy" thing to do these. Quick search found this from UM. Someone's always looking to make a buck. I bought a 16-13 shirt from the 2001 game. I was a sophomore and it was kind of a big deal.

image.png.2d5f4c3f1f7ce542f7dc8fa1946654b9.png

Unfortunately, when it comes to The Game, UM has become aggy.   I realize we are as well, but I'd like to think we could rise about this shit.  2001 we were in a different spot, and you were 20.  We can allow it.  It's probably my close proximity to aggy that makes me despise shirts like this.   

8 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

Unfortunately, when it comes to The Game, UM has become aggy.   I realize we are as well, but I'd like to think we could rise about this shit.  2001 we were in a different spot, and you were 20.  We can allow it.  It's probably my close proximity to aggy that makes me despise shirts like this.   

I wouldn't buy one today, but pointing out that there is a market for this stuff outside of us and aggy.

19 minutes ago, &#x27;stache said:

I wouldn't buy one today, but pointing out that there is a market for this stuff outside of us and aggy.

I bought a 16-13 shirt as well but I can definitely remember a couple of years later that ou had their own scoreboard shirt. They aren't immune to looking like rubes.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I bought a 16-13 shirt as well but I can definitely remember a couple of years later that ou had their own scoreboard shirt. They aren't immune to looking like rubes.

What game did they make a shirt for?  Surely not us, but I hope it was for the lulz.  'stache is correct though.  It's not the schools, it's the local t-shirt makers trying to make a buck.  I should probably lighten up on the subject and just silently mock people in my head if I see them wearing one.   Around here, that means mocking aggy, so that helps.     

Just now, Go Pokes said:

What game did they make a shirt for?  Surely not us, but I hope it was for the lulz.  'stache is correct though.  It's not the schools, it's the local t-shirt makers trying to make a buck.  I should probably lighten up on the subject and just silently mock people in my head if I see them wearing one.   Around here, that means mocking aggy, so that helps.     

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

4 minutes ago, n64ra said:

No, it my "stick up my ass, get of my lawn" world, post season games are ok.  I suppose conference championship games would be ok too.  What is NOT ok is a shirt celebrating an OU victory in Bedlam.   Especially since apparently we aren't even a rival according to them.  

• Haha 1

Yeah nobody can control what a t-shirt vendor makes, so I don't call out schools when that happens.

It's when you see those regular-season game victory t-shirts actually being worn out in the open, or those regular season victory commemorative cups being sold inside a school's home stadium, that it becomes... well.... aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

They're the very definition of rubes.

I got the transmission on my truck fixed by a Sooner fan for a handful of canned corn. I just called it "Sooner Magic Seeds."

I didn't feel bad about it because I knew he and his family could just gum it for their supper. Plus, Fuck OU.

Edited by Tex Pete

34 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They're the very definition of rubes.

I got the transmission on my truck fixed by a Sooner fan for a handful of canned corn. I just called it "Sooner Magic Seeds."

I didn't feel bad about it because I knew he and his family could just gum it for their supper. Plus, Fuck OU.

well, that's a better deal than they got from God.  

God:  You get to root for one of the best teams in CFB

Future Human:  Sweet.  Where am I going to be living?   

God:  Atoka, Oklahoma.  In this mobile home.  Did you get the standard issue burger flipping and/or ditch digging skills?  And don't forget to stop over at Heavenly Dentists before you head down.  They're going to need to pull some teeth.  On the bright side, you've got a first cousin who is a solid Oklahoma 6.  You might run into her at the dentist.   

Edited by Go Pokes
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I’m already over bedlam and worried about Baylor.  They’ll have back their star defender and, hobbled or not, their QB1.  Can bask in slaying the OU monkey if we win the hardware and see if they put us in the CFP to get offered up on the Georgia alter. 

Line has moved a good 1-1.5 points towards therapists so I’m not alone in that view.  

On the current note here I remember everyone being stoked winning it in 98, my first year on campus while I was in the band…thinking ‘those guys suck, what’s the big deal’.  Little did I know.  

Then again I grew up Air Force brat, went to osu because it was close enough to Wichita Falls that I could visit my folks but not so close I’d be doing laundry there every weekend + it was a beautiful campus in a small town…I had zero idea about anything with sports and you shoulda seen the shock on my face the first time I went to a game in GIA.  

Edited by Homercles