Clark Field Collective - Texas $10 Million NIL Deal

Viper

2 hours ago, Gidnik said:

LSU is big mad. Don’t have a 247 membership but apparently we are ruining college football again 

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/board/59425/Contents/getting-ridiculous-and-out-of-hand-quickly--177525480/?page=1

Anyone care to share the myopic-cajun angst of these posts with us?

afafbd24-1729-4e6c-b1f8-262a25400183_text.gif.3bad9aabdc5bc3df31e924ca1ba7a416.gif

I'd love to read the comments of a coonass fan base that *thought* it was at the top of the crazy-funds foodchain, coming to the realization at long last----
after all the snide remarks and jeers of Texas joining the SEC....   embracing The Horror that it's getting Outspent.  Lulz.

Edited by BachelorTrek

18 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I’m gonna submit this for my employer’s corporate match. Everyone should do the same.

Every corporation I've worked for in the last 22 years had specific rules against corporate matching, in any end form like these, for university athletics donations.

I remember it was all fine and good until rival school coworkers heard bragging and complained, and then everyplace put in the same policy banning it.

YMMV

1 hour ago, BachelorTrek said:

Every corporation I've worked for in the last 22 years had specific rules against corporate matching, in any end form like these, for university athletics donations.

I remember it was all fine and good until rival school coworkers heard bragging and complained, and then everyplace put in the same policy banning it.

YMMV

It's not a donation to athletics.

Our policy is it just has to be a 501c. They don't want the optics of deciding what's a worthy cause for the employees. 

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

It's not a donation to athletics.

Our policy is it just has to be a 501c. They don't want the optics of deciding what's a worthy cause for the employees. 

Yes, a 501c, and as soon as everyone figures out where that goes, they'll ban all 501c's that are tantamount to athletics boosting, as before.

18 hours ago, Gidnik said:

LSU is big mad. Don’t have a 247 membership but apparently we are ruining college football again 

https://247sports.com/college/lsu/board/59425/Contents/getting-ridiculous-and-out-of-hand-quickly--177525480/?page=1

Of course, you can see the similar lsu meltdown posts here:

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-recruiting/texas-scholarship-offensive-linemen-to-receive-50k-per-year-with-new-nil-deal/100105772/

Lulz.

4 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

Yes, a 501c, and as soon as everyone figures out where that goes, they'll ban all 501c's that are tantamount to athletics boosting, as before.

Yes, the very large high tech firm that I work for, will not make matching donations to 501c corporations that perform athletics boosting.  LHF is offlimits, and I am certain any NIL-centric companies will be, as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Gidnik said:

Has OUSux chimed?   If anyone on this planet who  should keep their pie holes closed it’s them.  

Big picture, I am hopeful these programs also lead to more diverse input into future coaching hires.

CDC, et all seem to be doing fine, outside of football, but the last decade makes it pretty clear the shotcallers for the football program know little about hiring football coaches. Kind of like Jerry Jones, they seem to value access over competence.

Edited by pacman

• 1 month later...

I’m glad more fan bases and former players are stepping up to assist these athletes who bring in so much revenue for the university’s.

one of my schools has even adopted my other schools term “collective” and players from both schools are all in.   

3 hours ago, SDG said:

I’m glad more fan bases and former players are stepping up to assist these athletes who bring in so much revenue for the university’s.

one of my schools has even adopted my other schools term “collective” and players from both schools are all in.   

I guess the recruiting inducements aspect is harder to prove/enforce with portal transfers as opposed to HS recruits who in many states are barred from inking a deal prior to actual enrollment at the school.

1 hour ago, Shonen said:

I guess the recruiting inducements aspect is harder to prove/enforce with portal transfers as opposed to HS recruits who in many states are barred from inking a deal prior to actual enrollment at the school.

Enrolled hence the tweets.  

• 3 weeks later...