Clark Field Collective - Texas $10 Million NIL Deal

Viper

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

God help me, I love Buc-ee's.

Only positive  Aggy has brought to the world. When they figure out how to get rid of fire ants and wild hogs, I will never speak Ill of them again. Otherwise, thank you for Buc-ee’s and fuck you. 

Edited by Alien Octopus
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

Being discussed around outdoor fire pit(s) in Salida earlier this fall was an idea, for football, of building a fund of $8.5 meg yearly to pay every scholarship player $100,000 as a base under NIL. Players would be able - and assisted - to find other NIL-legal income streams on top of the base. 

This was my idea months ago on a different thread.  I proposed Nike pitching in an extra $8.5M on top of our apparel contract to do this. As a result, I take full credit for this idea.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Now a those guys that go to tcu and Baylor are gonna be really pissed whenever they play Texas.   Oh wait. Nevermind

Announcer in the future: "Quarterback X" was offended he was only going to get a Hula Hut NIL deal instead of the Dell deal so he went to TCU instead.  Did we mention he was a Texas legacy?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

This is reason #1 why the NCAA elites didn't want NIL to happen. When they were talking about the uneven playing field it would create, they were talking about us.

We tried to help even it out by hiring Sark, though. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

God help me, I love Buc-ee's.

As someone who grew up in Lake Jackson, watching the growth of the buc-ees empire has been surreal. It shocks out of towners when I show them pictures of the original buc-ees, which is still open and operational 

image.thumb.png.8f8924f170fc094df91319e7ce0a676c.png

4 pumps!

Edited by perfectchaos007
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Give the goddamn linesmen 500k each on both sides.    Save the rest for LBs, QBs and WRs in that order.   

Nah. The point is equality with a high high high floor. Well, and opportunity for much more additional buckage and other sources of income.

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Nah. The point is equality with a high high high floor. Well, and opportunity for much more additional buckage and other sources of income.

I am just being reactive to the product on the field.  I should be ignored as I cannot think rationally when I see players spin around and fall down with zero contact.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

I have some thoughts...

I'll be most interested in how the money is divided up between sports. Does every UT athlete get a minimum, and then some sport's athletes more than others etc...? As this isnt in anyway a University affiliated initiative, I presume CFC isnt subject to any title IX concerns, but you know there will be some issues there. In a free market, an individual member of the womens rowing team wouldnt have the same NIL "value" of a football or hoops player. Will that turn into a shitshow, because Austin? Similar to the people arguing the WNBA players are woefully underpaid compared to the NBA players, but everyone with a brain knows the WNBA doesnt generate near the revenue that the NBA does but nobody gives a fuck about layups and set shots. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

As someone who grew up in Lake Jackson, watching the growth of the buc-ees empire has been surreal. It shocks out of towners when I show them pictures of the original buc-ees, which is still open and operational 

image.thumb.png.8f8924f170fc094df91319e7ce0a676c.png

4 pumps!

Doesn't look any bigger than the one still operating in Giddings.

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I'll be most interested in how the money is divided up between sports. Does every UT athlete get a minimum, and then some sport's athletes more than others etc...? As this isnt in anyway a University affiliated initiative, I presume CFC isnt subject to any title IX concerns, but you know there will be some issues there. In a free market, an individual member of the womens rowing team wouldnt have the same NIL "value" of a football or hoops player. Will that turn into a shitshow, because Austin? Similar to the people arguing the WNBA players are woefully underpaid compared to the NBA players, but everyone with a brain knows the WNBA doesnt generate near the revenue that the NBA does but nobody gives a fuck about layups and set shots. 

The transition period will be messy.  I'm thinking the long-range goal will be to create an endowment for every single athletic scholarship The University offers.

8 minutes ago, Blotto said:

There's a reason the female former athlete is there. I doubt they're going to be caught flat-footed on that particular issues.

The wimminz will be getting checks and they will enjoy them.

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

There's a reason the female former athlete is there. I doubt they're going to be caught flat-footed on that particular issues.

The wimminz will be getting checks and they will enjoy them.

I saw her quote, and I'm sure there is a plan. My guess is that once the money gets split up, there will be issues. It seems clear that a "Bijan" is worth more in NIL than our back up longsnapper, who is worth more than a freshman on the women's crew team. I suspect that reality will be handled every bit as smoothly as the Eyes of Texas clusterfuck. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I saw her quote, and I'm sure there is a plan. My guess is that once the money gets split up, there will be issues. It seems clear that a "Bijan" is worth more in NIL than our back up longsnapper, who is worth more than a freshman on the women's crew team. I suspect that reality will be handled every bit as smoothly as the Eyes of Texas clusterfuck. 

Well if it becomes an issue we'll be able to partly thank all the whining idiots on the internet who won't shut up about it.

So thanks.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

We are a Nike school. Can’t we just use Nike to create a custom branded shoe for elite athletes? Create a few pairs, then have athletes sign a licensing deal promoting Nike.com selling their shoes to fans. Athletes put a link on social media and the athletes get a cut of every “official merch” shoe Nike sells on their website. 

Imagine being 18 years old and going to a school where you can get an official custom Nike shoe in addition to getting an NIL deal from a restaurant/auto dealership/food company.

We don’t need all this collective bullshit if we just swing our Nike tattooed dicks around. Never underestimate the power of custom Nike branded shoes.

3 minutes ago, MrBig said:

We are a Nike school. Can’t we just use Nike to create a custom branded shoe for elite athletes? Create a few pairs, then have athletes sign a licensing deal promoting Nike.com selling their shoes to fans. Athletes put a link on social media and the athletes get a cut of every “official merch” shoe Nike sells on their website. 

Imagine being 18 years old and going to a school where you can get an official custom Nike shoe in addition to getting an NIL deal from a restaurant/auto dealership/food company.

We don’t need all this collective bullshit if we just swing our Nike tattooed dicks around. Never underestimate the power of custom Nike branded shoes.

We should have Gucci make our shit. Change the game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

The smoking hot females on campuses nationally are already getting paid through NIL more aggressively than most of the male athletes. There's a hot softball player at Texas, for example, who is making damned good money already. There's a gymnast for LSU who's made more than the average NFL salary. We may not agree with or like why such things are what they are, but many of the females already are "winning".

this opens a whole new section available in the sugar baby thread.

kinda creepy to think about

33 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I presume CFC isnt subject to any title IX concerns, but you know there will be some issues there. In a free market, an individual member of the womens rowing team wouldnt have the same NIL "value" of a football or hoops player. Will that turn into a shitshow, because Austin? Similar to the people arguing the WNBA players are woefully underpaid compared to the NBA players, but everyone with a brain knows the WNBA doesnt generate near the revenue that the NBA does but nobody gives a fuck about layups and set shots. 

Those are my basic thoughts. I know this isn't in the University's purview, but we have so many people who like to rabble rouse and bitch. I want everyone to get paid top dollar. People at the University, in athletics and otherwise, have to realize that if we maximize revenue by maximizing our strength in the big sports, that will trickle down to all sports and all our athletes will benefit.

We have to work together instead of pulling against one another. Our AD (IMO) has been divided in purpose for so long that it has weakened the whole entity, in spite of huge amounts of cashflow that should make everyone happy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You had it, but then you went full stupid.  Congrats. 

Whatever, I'm not arguing for equality, I could give a fuck what the womens swim team gets paid. I just have spent enough time in Austin to know whats coming. And my mentioning it on a message board has fuck all to do with the inevitability of it. 

3 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Don't worry - Plonsky's got this...

I've run Plonsky's name through the mud, justifiably, as much as anyone. That considered, every female athlete at Texas is trending towards being more highly paid to be at Texas than what most female athletes at any other institution will ever make playing a sport. They're going to outpace semi-pro leagues and small pro leagues for some of these sports. You think she's dumb enough to not recognize this? She's likely to actually attempt to take some credit for it in some way and view it with a source of pride. 

Say whatever you want about the lady, but she's not stupid or politically out of touch.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Whatever, I'm not arguing for equality, I could give a fuck what the womens swim team gets paid. I just have spent enough time in Austin to know whats coming. And my mentioning it on a message board has fuck all to do with the inevitability of it. 

So you're just bringing up the argument that the uninformed idiots, who have no knowledge of what Title IX actually says, would argue?

Bless you for being a mouthpiece for the uninformed idiots. 

37 minutes ago, Blotto said:

this wouldn't be a problem because other players could still get other deals, I imagine.

Do we have any idea what some of the initial floors would look like for the football team? I would think it would be something like:

QB1 Minimum 250k

Each starter minimum of 100K 

Each 2nd stringer minimum of 50k

etc. 

Edited by Vertigo

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

So you're just bringing up the argument that the uninformed idiots, who have no knowledge of what Title IX actually says, would argue?

Bless you for being a mouthpiece for the uninformed idiots. 

I am assuming Blotto is like me, just used to us not being able to have nice things because someone always sees fit to take a shit right in the middle of the picnic. I do not condone or encourage it in any way.