Clark Field Collective - Texas $10 Million NIL Deal

Viper

5 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Just being able to monetize their social media following has to be a win for these girls. If you're a hot cross country runner at USC or whatever with 5MM Instagram followers, now you can hawk nutrition supplements, LuLu yoga pants, sell feet pics, or whatever that you couldn't do before.

Link to feet pics?  Asking for a friend

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Obviously, there are many details to come so not much point in conjecture and hand wringing.

The name of the group is amazing and having the former athletes out front is tremendous. The timing is near perfect, just as many transfers are emerging and before the early signing period.

It all seems very well thought out, so far.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, gaspar said:

Somebody better be providing tax advice to these kids, otherwise, the IRS is going to have a field day. That’s what CPAs like me think about. 

The IRS does not know about briefcases full of cash.  Oh wait, this ain't the 80s any more.

CPAs like you should offer tax advice - gratis - to these young men.  The BMDs business interests funding this are going to write it all off as a business expense.  There's no reason the athletes should have to go to jail because of tax law ignorance.  I envision "Gaspar, The Official CPA of University of Texas Men's Athletics" will be chanted in the halls of Bellmont in the near future.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Always strikes me as odd for someone to put up their shoes like that and have them all scuffed up.  Sure scuffing is normal, but if you are going for a photo, might as well complete the illusion and wear unscuffed shoes.   And what a nice scenic view of the vending machine.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Always strikes me as odd for someone to put up their shoes like that and have them all scuffed up.  Sure scuffing is normal, but if you are going for a photo, might as well complete the illusion and wear unscuffed shoes.   And what a nice scenic view of the vending machine.

Patterson loved him some product placement.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, Blotto said:

If its true that athletes already didnt have enough time to juggle school and class, than the extra demands on time that comes with 6 figure paychecks will likely exacerbate the problem. But that wont be unique to Texas and will be the case at all universities that have NIL worthy athletes. With athletes making over $100K they should just end the charade and let them major in the sport. My guess is that will ultimately be the direction things go. If you want an education you're free to pursue it, but everyone else can just play football, hoops, golf etc... Its probably about time to end the charade. If you don't have time for practice, NIL obligations, and class.....drop the class part. The University still gets your time on the field, and the people paying hundreds of thousands get your time. Who the fuck cares if these guys get some bullshit degree in kinesiology. If you're a scrub  with no special NIL deals, enjoy the baseline and go to class. Or dont. 

Blotto giving a performance evaluation:  Listen Timmy, you have been doing great work here along with the rest of the team.  Our division has increased profits for the company by 32% and as a result the bosses have granted me some slush money for bonuses and and raises.  But I decided to keep the money for myself.  See, with more money comes more problems, and you don't need that kind of pressure.  I have seen guys get divorced because they brought home an extra $500, what do you think $10K would do for you?  I guarantee that your wife buys some new tits with that kind of money and then runs off with the surgeon meanwhile you are left a sad broken man.  Oh hey, I am having a party this weekend can you come by and park the cars.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

The IRS does not know about briefcases full of cash.  Oh wait, this ain't the 80s any more.

CPAs like you should offer tax advice - gratis - to these young men.  The BMDs business interests funding this are going to write it all off as a business expense.  There's no reason the athletes should have to go to jail because of tax law ignorance.  I envision "Gaspar, The Official CPA of University of Texas Men's Athletics" will be chanted in the halls of Bellmont in the near future.

Gratis? Fuck that. Even the girls on campus should charge them for ass.

11 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Uh, did you notice the suit?

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the lsu gymnast raking it in:

https://thestunningphotos.com/olivia-dunne/

95012898_134150538232957_241699517905273

"Dunne made his elite debut with the United States. Classic and finished twentieth in the free body, thirty-third in the all around, thirty-fifth in the beam, thirty-sixth in the jump and thirty-ninth in the beam. She didn’t make it to the national championships."

😬

45 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Also, get a good shot of his computer screen and inbox. Such a douche picture.

2 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

"Dunne made his elite debut with the United States. Classic and finished twentieth in the free body, thirty-third in the all around, thirty-fifth in the beam, thirty-sixth in the jump and thirty-ninth in the beam. She didn’t make it to the national championships."

😬

i wonder how NIL will deal with "price per meet"... paging ford Fdoscientoscincuenta

1 hour ago, Gidnik said:

😬

Yeah, nobody cares.  

19 hours ago, Nivek said:

I am just being reactive to the product on the field.  I should be ignored as I cannot think rationally when I see players spin around and fall down with zero contact.  

That woukd be The Fatal Cramps, no contact needed.

EDIT: Yes, The Fatal Cramps is an excellent band name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Aren't scholarships on a year to year basis? Talk about incentive to work your ass off. Don't play hard, good luck at cougar high.

Yes.  Due to scholarship limits, it's not uncommon to have high level athletes in Olympic sports get their scholarships reduced as a senior to make room for new recruits. 

However, I think that it's either an NCAA or conference rule that football scholarships will be honored for 4 years if the athlete stays academically eligible and attends practice. 

20 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Some of you guys could fuck up a soup sandwich. 

It's really fucking incredible how many people always come running into a thread about college athletes making any sort of money with all sorts of bullshit fears about the problems it will cause and how it's going to ruin EVERYTHING!!!

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It's really fucking incredible how many people always come running into a thread about college athletes making any sort of money with all sorts of bullshit fears about the problems it will cause and how it's going to ruin EVERYTHING!!!

I think the people who think this $$ is going to ruin the program must not have much of a eye for the current state of affairs.  Surely it can't get worse..

66727178.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

its not gonna ruin anything it just means it is semi pro ball with unlimited free agency assuming you can keep your grades in order(which to be honest shouldn't be that difficult today).  it will still be Texas playing OU/Bama/Aggy.

means the coaching is gonna be pretty damn important because if you want to win you are going to have to be able to integrate new players into your system pretty quickly every year and you have to make sure the coach is actually playing the best players.  your depth is going to be challenged and you can't afford a missed practice/spring eval because a guy who thinks he really should be starting is gonna bolt quick.  if that guys is actually worse that the guy you have playing then no issue. if it is the opposite then you have screwed the pooch doubly(insert Spinal Tap reference here).

the roster is gonna be pretty unstable most of the time.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

its not gonna ruin anything it just means it is semi pro ball with unlimited free agency assuming you can keep your grades in order(which to be honest shouldn't be that difficult today).  it will still be Texas playing OU/Bama/Aggy.

means the coaching is gonna be pretty damn important because if you want to win you are going to have to be able to integrate new players into your system pretty quickly every year and you have to make sure the coach is actually playing the best players.  your depth is going to be challenged and you can't afford a missed practice/spring eval because a guy who thinks he really should be starting is gonna bolt quick.  if that guys is actually worse that the guy you have playing then no issue. if it is the opposite then you have screwed the pooch doubly(insert Spinal Tap reference here).

the roster is gonna be pretty unstable most of the time.

The roster will only be unstable if money is prevalent across the board and there are bidding wars in the 2 deep.

If the backup is making bank at Texas, he's not portaling to Brokeass U, unless he believes he is going to start and get drafted highly... If that is the case, he's going to get PT and money here, so why leave?

Actually, what seems more likely is a coach telling a supporter to stop paying a guy, because coach wants the guy to leave.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yep, PSA, don't use tylenol to put out that hangover headache.  LOL

Haven't taken one in 30 years. Guy I hunt with owns a pharmaceutical manufacturing company. He said Tylenol would probably not make it through the first set of trials in this day and age.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1