Clark Field Collective - Texas $10 Million NIL Deal

Viper

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I've run Plonsky's name through the mud, justifiably, as much as anyone. That considered, every female athlete at Texas is trending towards being more highly paid to be at Texas than what most female athletes at any other institution will ever make playing a sport. They're going to outpace semi-pro leagues and small pro leagues for some of these sports. You think she's dumb enough to not recognize this? She's likely to actually attempt to take some credit for it in some way and view it with a source of pride. 

Say whatever you want about the lady, but she's not stupid or politically out of touch.

*woman

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Correct.

Correct.

A few other things to think about:

1) The smoking hot females on campuses nationally are already getting paid through NIL more aggressively than most of the male athletes. There's a hot softball player at Texas, for example, who is making damned good money already. There's a gymnast for LSU who's made more than the average NFL salary. We may not agree with or like why such things are what they are, but many of the females already are "winning".

Just being able to monetize their social media following has to be a win for these girls. If you're a hot cross country runner at USC or whatever with 5MM Instagram followers, now you can hawk nutrition supplements, LuLu yoga pants, sell feet pics, or whatever that you couldn't do before.

17 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Do we have any idea what some of the initial floors would look like for the football team? I would think it would be something like:

QB1 Minimum 250k

Each starter minimum of 100K 

Each 2nd stringer minimum of 50k

etc. 

Until this all matures to a pro league, it needs to be a straight $100K for each scholarship.  Anything above that is a separate NIL per player as warranted by their personal marketability. Otherwise, you open a shitstorm of animosity among players when someone gets demoted or QB1 is the caliber of Squints while we have have All Americans at other positions making less.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Just being able to monetize their social media following has to be a win for these girls. If you're a hot cross country runner at USC or whatever with 5MM Instagram followers, now you can hawk nutrition supplements, LuLu yoga pants, sell feet pics, or whatever that you couldn't do before.

onlyfans be like

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Texas booster money ain't free. They're going to want all kinds of access to these kids for that money. So I just wonder how this university is going to manage to fuck this up. 

The university won't, and can't, have anything to do with it.  If the boosters want to make it clear to the players they are paying, that they want access, that's a deal directly between the boosters and the athletes.  The athletes will have to decide how interactive they want to be, for their $100,000 or whatever it ends up being.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

The university won't, and can't, have anything to do with it.  If the boosters want to make it clear to the players they are paying, that they want access, that's a deal directly between the boosters and the athletes.  The athletes will have to decide how interactive they want to be, for their $100,000 or whatever it ends up being.

I got that, but it's going to cause a conflict between what the coaches need from them and what the money people want. Texas hasn't done a good job recently of evaluating players who live for battle and have a lot of guys who show up for the free ride and coast. With this now it'll be even more imperative you evaluate who wants to fight and who wants to cash out and coast. 

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

I got that, but it's going to cause a conflict between what the coaches need from them and what the money people want. Texas hasn't done a good job recently of evaluating players who live for battle and have a lot of guys who show up for the free ride and coast. With this now it'll be even more imperative you evaluate who wants to fight and who wants to cash out and coast. 

That's not a problem with the University, that's a problem between players and coaches.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

That's not a problem with the University, that's a problem between players and coaches.

If its true that athletes already didnt have enough time to juggle school and class, than the extra demands on time that comes with 6 figure paychecks will likely exacerbate the problem. But that wont be unique to Texas and will be the case at all universities that have NIL worthy athletes. With athletes making over $100K they should just end the charade and let them major in the sport. My guess is that will ultimately be the direction things go. If you want an education you're free to pursue it, but everyone else can just play football, hoops, golf etc... Its probably about time to end the charade. If you don't have time for practice, NIL obligations, and class.....drop the class part. The University still gets your time on the field, and the people paying hundreds of thousands get your time. Who the fuck cares if these guys get some bullshit degree in kinesiology. If you're a scrub  with no special NIL deals, enjoy the baseline and go to class. Or dont. 

Edited by Blotto

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

This was my idea months ago on a different thread.  I proposed Nike pitching in an extra $8.5M on top of our apparel contract to do this. As a result, I take full credit for this idea.

I had the same idea before you and the collective.  I think it is time to cease and desist all claims to this claim.   Otherwise you could partner with me for a $350K buy in.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Conflicts between NIL sponsors, athletes, and coaches,  could very well end up being problematic.  In fact I expect it.

But it won't be unique to Texas.

I don't see this being an issue. I don't think there is any person signing a football player to an NIL deal that thinks they can override the activities and requirements of the football program. If a coach benches someone, there is no world where he will have to answer to a sponsor because the two are separated under the School/Individual Enrichment wall. Just like a pro athlete getting benched doesn't have reprecussions in the NFL with sponsors. If the athlete gets benched and loses his value, that is ultimately on him if his NIL deal goes away.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Until this all matures to a pro league, it needs to be a straight $100K for each scholarship.  Anything above that is a separate NIL per player as warranted by their personal marketability. Otherwise, you open a shitstorm of animosity among players when someone gets demoted or QB1 is the caliber of Squints while we have have All Americans at other positions making less.

Meh, if they are paid assassins they can take their animosity and shove it up their ass. Perform or get on that portal, we got a new crop of assassins every year. Ask Mama, it has worked for them.

4 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

Only positive  Aggy has brought to the world. When they figure out how to get rid of fire ants and wild hogs, I will never speak Ill of them again. Otherwise, thank you for Buc-ee’s and fuck you. 

Stop being an asshole.  They are working on a covid vaccine and its almost ready to deploy. Then on to fireants and piggies. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Stop being an asshole.  They are working on a covid vaccine and its almost ready to deploy. Then on to fireants and piggies. 

as usual, Texas has been on it and making headway with Phorid flies.  They're parasitoids that use fire ant's heads as cocoons for their youngins

https://bfl.utexas.edu/research/invasive-species-research/research

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

In other news, esteemed aggy entrepreneur Archie Aplin III, CEO of Buc-ee's, has announces a NIL deal for current aggy football players that consists of $0.25 off each bag of ice and a bag of beef jerky every 3rd Wednesday of the month.

That's Archie "Beaver" Aplin III to you buddy

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

If its true that athletes already didnt have enough time to juggle school and class, than the extra demands on time that comes with 6 figure paychecks will likely exacerbate the problem. But that wont be unique to Texas and will be the case at all universities that have NIL worthy athletes. With athletes making over $100K they should just end the charade and let them major in the sport. My guess is that will ultimately be the direction things go. If you want an education you're free to pursue it, but everyone else can just play football, hoops, golf etc... Its probably about time to end the charade. If you don't have time for practice, NIL obligations, and class.....drop the class part. The University still gets your time on the field, and the people paying hundreds of thousands get your time. Who the fuck cares if these guys get some bullshit degree in kinesiology. If you're a scrub  with no special NIL deals, enjoy the baseline and go to class. Or dont. 

Some of you guys could fuck up a soup sandwich. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

If its true that athletes already didnt have enough time to juggle school and class, than the extra demands on time that comes with 6 figure paychecks will likely exacerbate the problem.

Players have plenty of time, it's just a matter of prioritizing and it's not a big deal. Some of you guys are acting like this stuff is new, it's not.

Athletes have been juggling the demands of athletic life and sponsorships forever. And our guys aren't exactly starring in well-orchestrated and demanding commercial spots that require acting skills. It doesn't take long to post for some pictures in a football uniform that looks like it was pulled from a character generator in Madden '99 with "5" (or whatever!) as the identifying marker.

Get all the creatives in line, bring in the guy for an hour, send him on his way. Have his agent/publicist/whoever fabricate whatever quotes you want to put on the poster. Bingo.

How involved do you think Tom Brady is with the Subway ad?

The boosters aren't paying all this money to fuck with the product on the field.

• Hook 'Em 2