K-State at Texas -- LHN 7:30pm CT -- Tues Jan. 18th

LTtxfan

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

yep they suck and came back for a reason. and Allen misses 2 FT's when we need them.  Beard better figure this shit out fast.

Offense was bad but KSU was cutting through the paint like it was 5 on 3. Great defense by our awesome defensive genius head coach 

Damn.  This game alone, just on its own, will drop us down a full seed come Selection Sunday.  

I knew I was too giddy that the Sweet 16/Elite 8 in San Antonio this season could be ours for the taking.  

We'll be lucky to win our opening game.  

Just now, Lobo said:

Damn.  This game alone, just on its own, will drop us down a full seed come Selection Sunday.  

I knew I was too giddy that the Sweet 16/Elite 8 in San Antonio this season could be ours for the taking.  

Some 10 seed mid major will muddy it up like ACU and we’ll lose a low scoring game. 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

This isn’t remotely similar to our style under Shaka. Not even close.

Show me.  I still see a ton of hero ball and bad shots.  You can say it but doesn't make it true. When we are moving the ball around and finding looks I agree.  When one dude brings the ball up, dribbles around for 15 secs, never passes, and misses a bad shot.  That is Shaka ball.  We did that multiple possessions down the stretch

Their guards could basically get wherever they wanted against ours.

This is a bad team, and the only hope is that they find some leadership/confidence down the stretch.

I'm still shocked that Askew was a borderline 5 star guy. Not sure what stands out about him at all.

Just now, Lobo said:

there is a better than 50/50 chance we don't make the tournament.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

that and getting the shit kicked out of us on the boards.  KSU didn't even play that well.

Beard fucking sucks.

We could have done many things better but those two bricking 3s after 3s all game made it hard to sustain any momentum. Team leaders don't choke like that when the team needs them the most.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I wouldn't bank on having an opening game at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

If you think beard is a shitty coach then I think college basketball might not be for you

I'm not anywhere near calling him Shitty but seeing Tech beat Kansas and Baylor back to back, then seeing us can't help but wonder who was actually driving the bus in Lubbock

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

It's not the coach in this instance. The man almost won a national championship at Tech.

It's the players.

The ones he went and hand picked out of the portal that comprise the vast majority of minutes played? Besides AJ1 and Ramey, he recruited this contributors on this team 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

It's not the coach in this instance. The man almost won a national championship at Tech.

It's the players.

We aren’t athletic enough on the perimeter and we lack consistent shooting. Our big are our only efficient scorers but it’s not that easy to get great looks for them.

Painful.
One thing about Shaka’s teams that was always aggravating was that no one wanted to be “the Man” at the end of close games. So many games ended passing the ball around the horn waiting to see who wanted to take the final shot. And you never thought “Give the ball to so-n-so, he’ll save us. “
Tonight it looked like we might finally have someone with that killer instinct. The alpha player unafraid of big moments. But alas….

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I'm still shocked that Askew was a borderline 5 star guy. Not sure what stands out about him at all

UK fans were laughing their asses off when Beard said Askew could be one of the greatest horns by the time his career was over.

2 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

I'm not anywhere near calling him Shitty but seeing Tech beat Kansas and Baylor back to back, then seeing us can't help but wonder who was actually driving the bus in Lubbock

BTW Tech is kicking the shit out Iowa State right now too.  

• Like 1

Just now, Js1 said:

The ones he went and hand picked out of the portal that comprise the vast majority of minutes played? Besides AJ1 and Ramey, he recruited this contributors on this team 

So what would you like him to have done? Do you think he would have been better with the Sark approach of not bringing anyone in?

He went and got the best team of players that was available.

Just now, SKA the boss said:

Painful.
One thing about Shaka’s teams that was always aggravating was that no one wanted to be “the Man” at the end of close games. So many games ended passing the ball around the horn waiting to see who wanted to take the final shot. And you never thought “Give the ball to so-n-so, he’ll save us. “
Tonight it looked like we might finally have someone with that killer instinct. The alpha player unafraid of big moments. But alas….

Ans he missed the most important shot of the night.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

We aren’t athletic enough on the perimeter and we lack consistent shooting. Our big are our only efficient scorers but it’s not that easy to get great looks for them.

well other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play.  Shakaball all over again.

2 minutes ago, Theo Aquacates said:

It’s really mind boggling how every coach we hire immediately sucks after arriving in Austin. KSU is awful; no excuse for losing at home. 

Ah, come the fuck on.

It's a bad loss, but it's our first loss at home all season.

Let's not start looking to replace a coach who was in the national championship game a couple of years ago just yet.

Y'all do still remember that this was supposed to be a complete rebuilding year, right?  And that Beard is the guy who got all of these transfer to want to play here instead of us going like 8-23, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

they scored off theirs.  again we lost to the shittiest team left on our schedule at home.  

How far are you going to move those goalposts?

Yea we did. And it’s basketball. It’s a bad loss no doubt. This team will still be in the tournament and our defense gives us a chance every game. 

It’s like some of y’all haven’t ever watched college basketball.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

Ah, come the fuck on.

It's a bad loss, but it's our first loss at home all season.

Let's not start looking to replace a coach who was in the national championship game a couple of years ago just yet.

Y'all do still remember that this was supposed to be a complete rebuilding year, right?  And that Beard is the guy who got all of these transfer to want to play here instead of us going like 8-23, right?

Tech lost a bunch of players after Beard left and yet they keep mowing down ranked teams.  You sure their coach wasn't the real reason they made that Championship run?  Gonna be fun to see how you feel when they come here and boat race their former coach in our home arena.