Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Damn right75172784f7728888aa0b1c653724dc18.jpg

When my parents passed away over the last two years, we went through their house. They had childhood memento boxes for each of us. Mine still had my field day ribbons from the mid-70s. My wife was not impressed. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, nnm said:

When my parents passed away over the last two years, we went through their house. They had childhood memento boxes for each of us. Mine still had my field day ribbons from the mid-70s. My wife was not impressed. 

Ex-wife?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

No intellivision? This list is invalid.

Was that the one that had like an almost iPhone keypad and you'd slide the cards into it to play different games?  Or was that Calico?  A neighbor had one of 'em and we rocked the baseball game for hours on end during the Winter.  

My SiL just gave my girls her old Nintendo Wii.  And I worried, and they will might, they'd it boring and too antiquated.  But for peak hot summer afternoons, we thought it'd be fun for them have one hour per day of bowling/tennis/etc.  And it's weird to watch because it was like peak gaming technology just a decade ago.  And now it's like playing Atari 5200.  But they don't know that, they think it was invented just recently.  But reminds me of our Pong game and then we got an Atari 2600 and then an NES.  And it was like watching the future unfurl before your very brain as a kid.  I haven't even looked at a video game in several years.  But there was something about wiping off the McDonald's grease from your hands to enter the cheat code for Contra on NES.  Now every game console has a controller with 37 buttons.  To a simpler time, I suppose...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Was that the one that had like an almost iPhone keypad and you'd slide the cards into it to play different games?  Or was that Calico?  A neighbor had one of 'em and we rocked the baseball game for hours on end during the Winter.  

My SiL just gave my girls her old Nintendo Wii.  And I worried, and they will might, they'd it boring and too antiquated.  But for peak hot summer afternoons, we thought it'd be fun for them have one hour per day of bowling/tennis/etc.  And it's weird to watch because it was like peak gaming technology just a decade ago.  And now it's like playing Atari 5200.  But they don't know that, they think it was invented just recently.  But reminds me of our Pong game and then we got an Atari 2600 and then an NES.  And it was like watching the future unfurl before your very brain as a kid.  I haven't even looked at a video game in several years.  But there was something about wiping off the McDonald's grease from your hands to enter the cheat code for Contra on NES.  Now every game console has a controller with 37 buttons.  To a simpler time, I suppose...

Yes. Instead of a joy stick you used a disk which gave me my first case of carpal tunnel syndrome.