Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

36 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

BC507225-0CDB-4B68-99D6-12755ECFB2DC.jpeg

I don't even know what Bluebonnet Wine is, and I don't think I want to know. 

Also, although I have inadvertently eaten pico de gallo, it is filled with the devil weed onion, and it makes me sick.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Grapefruit is Texan? Fried gator is Texan?

51/52

It’s not entirely clear where grapefruit originated, but one thing is certain: Ruby Reds are native Texans. Back before the Roosevelt administration (the first one), all grapefruit was of a paler persuasion. But because these golden spheres of goodness don’t cross-pollinate, mutant offspring eventually appeared and really hit the sweet spot.  The red variety—born of a mutation found on a pink-grapefruit tree in McAllen in 1929—has a skin like an Amarillo sunset. The flaming fruit flourishes in the temperate Rio Grande Valley’s sandy soils, its striking crimson flesh tinted from the antioxidant lycopene, also found in tomatoes.

A bit more citrus history 101: in 1934 the state’s beloved produce was the first grapefruit to be granted a U.S. patent, under the name Ruby Red. And in the early nineties it was designated the official fruit of the Lone Star State.

• Like 3