Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

We absolutely, 100% body-shame females as a country (both men and women do it to girls).  Everybody do you.  Just leave me out of it and absolutely shut the fuck up about body issues in front of my daughters.  

I don't know what it's like to be a chubby female.  I imagine it ain't pleasant.  I never talk to my girls about staying thin or looking pretty.  They wash their hair for hygiene purposes.  I let them get nails painted and lip gloss 'n shit at birthday parties/sleepovers.  No revealing clothing or pierced ears, plenty of time for shit like that down the road.  and if they start to get heavy, I don't care other than the health ramifications.  I don't need to start a fucking social media account about it.  Everybody is beautiful except that one weird orange person.  And I guess maybe, Frank Stallone.  

• Hook 'Em 1

We absolutely, 100% body-shame females as a country (both men and women do it to girls).  Everybody do you.  Just leave me out of it and absolutely shut the fuck up about body issues in front of my daughters.  
I don't know what it's like to be a chubby female.  I imagine it ain't pleasant.  I never talk to my girls about staying thin or looking pretty.  They wash their hair for hygiene purposes.  I let them get nails painted and lip gloss 'n shit at birthday parties/sleepovers.  No revealing clothing or pierced ears, plenty of time for shit like that down the road.  and if they start to get heavy, I don't care other than the health ramifications.  I don't need to start a fucking social media account about it.  Everybody is beautiful except that one weird orange person.  And I guess maybe, Frank Stallone.  
Yes, agreed. I have two girls and worry about the body shaming bullshit. Morbidly obese is not okay in my opinion though. That ain't genetics (yes I'm a doctor...no I'm not) and it's a lack of self respect. Teenage girls and everything they have to deal with scare the shit out of me though so not looking forward to that stage.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You and me both, man.  I'm worried as fuck.  I figured it would start around junior high, but my 9yo is already feeling the pressure/worry.  Thankfully, she has her mother's metabolism.  But she has a carb craving that may turn on her any moment.  We are blessed to live in a part of town and school district where it's more about what's in your brain and maybe athletics/music above just being groomed to be a baby-making machine for some douchebag someday.  But it's already gut-wrenching to me that she worries about stuff like this.  I mean, it's normal for a young girl to like hip clothes and do nail polish at a holiday party or whatever.  I'm cool with that.  But yeah, one day---we may just wake up and she could be 50 pounds overweight and that cannot be an easy conversation.  "You're still beautiful sweetheart, but you're having a hard time going up the stairs to your room at night."  Never mind the shit they hear at school and online.  

Thankfully both girls are very self-assertive and confident.  But it can always turn on a dime.  Some boy gropes 'em or calls 'em fat one day and I'm gonna pull a 'True Detective: Season 2' and beat the fuck outta the dad in their front yard so the kid knows he fucked up and now his dad has to catch a beating.  I don't know how else dads handle it.  School has a counselor for social and online bullying and shit, but in the end-bodyshaming girls comes from the parents.  And hurting asshole parents ain't nothing to me.  

Dammit, how'd we go down this rabbit-hole?  Mmmmm, smoked rabbit.  

On 2/19/2024 at 10:32 AM, SurlyBDR said:

FB-IMG-1707965041762.jpg

This generation seeing this picture must be like Juvenile's generation seeing Afrika Boombata and the Furious Five or something. What a pathetic and small little pendent on a basic, middle of the mall figaro gold chain.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Need to rewind the VHS tapes before we return them to Blockbuster 295e8cec6a4d14cd5d9801c941c31aca.jpg

Go adjust the antenna on the TV to fix the signal, and then turn the knob to see which of the four stations (PBS too) we want to watch.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Go adjust the antenna on the TV to fix the signal, and then turn the knob to see which of the four stations (PBS too) we want to watch.

lol poor. Had cable/tvguide my whole life. Never experienced with having just 4 channels felt like.

We did have to go to a rental store to rent PPV box for ~$50 or so to pick up wrestlemania or royal rumble