Dumbass Shit We See On Facebook

Vic Mackey

51 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Screenshot_20220527-135352.jpg

This hits close to home. My truck is at 35,500 miles and rolls out of warranty at 36. The driver’s window has a wind noise at highway speed, right next to the driver’s ear. I usually have to fiddle with the the window, cracking it just a hair, to make it go away.  Of course the problem is intermittent. 

With the truck rolling out of warranty, I brought it into Five Star Ford on the GB tollway on Tuesday. They couldn’t hear the noise, which didn’t surprise me because when I drove in that morning from ETX, the noise wasn’t there. But as I drove away on Tuesday afternoon, there it was. So I turned around and dropped it back off. Wednesday they couldn’t hear it. I drove with the service rep Wednesday night. Finally he heard it.

Checked today. Still not fixed. I’m on my way out of town for a week, so I told them to just keep it for the week, and I’ll pick it up when I get back in town.  Service tech assured me they would. 

If I don’t get it fixed now, it’ll never be fixed. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

This hits close to home. My truck is at 35,500 miles and rolls out of warranty at 36. The driver’s window has a wind noise at highway speed, right next to the driver’s ear. I usually have to fiddle with the the window, cracking it just a hair, to make it go away.  Of course the problem is intermittent. 

With the truck rolling out of warranty, I brought it into Five Star Ford on the GB tollway on Tuesday. They couldn’t hear the noise, which didn’t surprise me because when I drove in that morning from ETX, the noise wasn’t there. But as I drove away on Tuesday afternoon, there it was. So I turned around and dropped it back off. Wednesday they couldn’t hear it. I drove with the service rep Wednesday night. Finally he heard it.

Checked today. Still not fixed. I’m on my way out of town for a week, so I told them to just keep it for the week, and I’ll pick it up when I get back in town.  Service tech assured me they would. 

I need to do the same, but have til Dec. It’ll happen this summer though, since it’s the drivers side heat on the seat that needs fixed on mine. 

8 hours ago, nnm said:

When you get it back the truck will be +36,000 miles and never fixed. 
Win/Win for the car guys. 

• Rage+1 1